Celebrity News

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Desertwind, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

NBC's TV studio renamed
    By Tim Surette - TV.com
    June 14, 2007 at 04:29:00 PM

NBC Universal Television Studio heretofore known as Universal Media Studios.

The changes at NBC keep coming, as execs at the network today unveiled a new name for its television studio. The division formerly known as NBC Universal Television Studio will now fly under the banner Universal Media Studios.

The new moniker is designed to reflect the company's continuing expansion beyond television and onto digital platforms.

NBC Entertainment cochairman Ben Silverman said in a statement, "NBC Universal is the premier content company on the planet and this name change reflects our TV studio's natural evolution as digital distribution expands and more platforms need premier ideas and programming."

The network has undergone massive internal restructuring after finishing behind its competitors in ratings for a third year in a row. Late last month, Silverman and Marc Graboff were brought on as cochairmen of NBC Entertainment following the ousting of president Kevin Reilly. Shortly after, Katherine Pope was promoted from executive vice president to president of then-named NBC Universal Television Studio.

2. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

desertwind , 65? :eek: You certainly can't see it! Then again, Paul has always been looking good. He is waaay hotter than Paris Hilton in my opinion. :p

From NBC Universal Television Studios to Universal Media Studios? Why couldn't they named it something cool? Like Gertrude or Wolfgang? :lol:

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Next: NBC Universal Media Branch & New Unwatchable Television System (NUMBNUTS)

4. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

Good one! :lol: NUMBNUTS is da word! Actually, it sounds like the name of a NUMBERS parody. Wait! Ohh, plot bunny!

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

TV Guide: Celeb News

• Newlyweds Keri Russell and Shane Dreary welcomed their first child, a son named Michael River Russell, on June 9.
    • Kevin James and his wife, Steffiana, welcomed their second daughter, Shea Joelle.
    • Beauty and the Geek host Mike Richards and his wife Stephanie welcomed their first child, a son named Luke, on June 7.
    • Early Monday morning, Tiger Woods' wife gave birth to their first child, a daughter named Sam Alexis.
    • Shark's Jeri Ryan married French chef Christopher Eme on Saturday in the French countryside.
    • Two and a Half Men's Jon Cryer wed TV Guide Network's Lisa Joyner on Saturday in Mexico.

Congradulations to All the stars on the Births and Weddings miracles in many forms.

6. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

Tiger Woods' wife is named Elin, just like me! Can't say I'm impressed by their name for the baby. Sam is not short for anything. just plain Sam. And with Alexis which is a MALE traditional Russian. Seriously, I hoped they'd come up with something better. Sam Alexis, sorry, that is just cheesey IMO. :(

7. Dynamo1

Would that daughter be considered a Tiger cub?

8. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

:lol: :lol:

Bwahahaha! Or a Swedish Tiger. :p

Serisouly, that name falls into the same category as Pilot Inspektor and Moxie Crimefighter.

9. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I don't know if I should put this one.

Julia Roberts gave birth to third child baby boy, named Henry David Moder. Least, she got the right name to him then she does with her twins, Hazel and P. Long names.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Of course, this would be the place to put this ;), fantastic, now she's got two boys and one girl, nice, she sure waited along time to have kids, he was a hefty 8 lbs ;) congratualtions Julia and Danny ;)

11. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

Henry Daniel is fabulous, though pretty safe considering his older siblings name. I don't think either Phinnaes or Hazel are in the Top 1000.

On a sad note, the name is going to skyrocket. :( Ah, well. It is a nice name! :D Do much better than Sam Alexis. ;)

12. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Congratulations to Julia Roberts :)

13. Dynamo1

Chef Jim Ignatowski?

Danny DeVito Opens Restaurant in Florida
    Jun 21, 12:00 PM (ET)

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Danny DeVito loves to eat, and has been known to cook in his trailer while on set. Now he has a restaurant kitchen to call his own.

The actor has opened DeVito South Beach, an Italian chop house on trendy Ocean Drive. The signature menu item: a $325 trio of steaks from Japan, Australia and the United States that serves three people.

DeVito had a hand in developing the classic-meets-contemporary Italian menu, focused on prime meats and fresh seafood.

"Fish is really big for me - sushi, a nice branzino or spigola (sea bass). Or pasta with some great cheese like pecorino or romano with some prosciutto or salami," he said. "If you haven't noticed, I'm not one to pass up a meal."

The restaurant grew from a conversation between DeVito and South Florida financier Michael Brauser on the Greek island of Santorini, where the actor was vacationing with his wife, actress Rhea Perlman.

DeVito, 62, is currently in Philadelphia filming the F/X series "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia."

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

15. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.