Caution: **Spoiler Lab** Ahead - Season 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention that I don't see how it can create him some new troubles.
But it can create problems for him (well it would in the real world)
as I stated before,someone that knows there's a problem (stealing drugs for example) and did nothing ,is subject to disciplinary action as well. She will need a friend as she goes through recovery,but she still needs to come clean about her problem,and not cause trouble for someone else.

Well,it's easier for an addict to recognize another one so Ryan is the perfect choice.He would also know all the excuses that Tara will make for sure.

IMO the writers are doing better with Tara then with Ryan in season 3.He was not exactly sympatetic back then IMO but now he ha s matured.

Well,it's easier for an addict to recognize another one so Ryan is the perfect choice.He would also know all the excuses that Tara will make for sure.

IMO the writers are doing better with Tara then with Ryan in season 3.He was not exactly sympatetic back then IMO but now he ha s matured.
Because he knows the excuses,he has to get her to understand she needs to let someone know she has a problem.It is okay to give her a little time,but if she doesn't or can't,he needs to let her know that he will let someone know that she has a problem. Because Ryan has an addiction,that in it self doesn't make him a better choice. He has a different addiction so it's not necessarily so that he would recognize she has a drug addiction any easier than anyone else.

He was just anxiously trying to fit in during season 3,and some were not making it easy for him,can't say he wasn't sympathetic,that was more of the other characters.He just wasn't mature enough to handle it at that point,which I think was one of the points the writers and TPTB were trying to make.He wa in his early 20's,and still had a lot of growing up to do.

Last edited:
I just think that you have to see the good things about a character before watching him screw up.And Ryan was replacing somebody so loved like Speed .But this is just my personal impression at that time.I warmed to Natalia becouse her relationship with Eric was entertaining.By the time she was the mole,I already liked the character.

And we have to wait and see how this plays out becouse I suspect that Ryan would do the right thing this time in respect to Tara.

Not to mention that I don't see how it can create him some new troubles.
But it can create problems for him (well it would in the real world)
as I stated before,someone that knows there's a problem (stealing drugs for example) and did nothing ,is subject to disciplinary action as well. She will need a friend as she goes through recovery,but she still needs to come clean about her problem,and not cause trouble for someone else.
Well I still think that Ryan's position is not tha bad considering the storyline. I mean he warns her &, I don't know why, but I think Tara will be one of those cases where she'll do all her best to get over her addiction.
I mean look at her face when she took those drugs...she looked guitly. To me it looked like she already knew she was making a bad mistake. That, usually, is the first step to get over your addiction (at least that's all I learned from various shows :lol:).

I just don't see Ryan's postion that bad. I mean he's just helping her and warns her about not doing it anymore. He keeps his position safe when he warns her ;)

Okay. So in 7.19 I guess they find a camera and Ryan sees pics of Calleigh with that guy at the race track (from And They're Offed), and I heard that's when Ryan kinda reallyyy figures out they have something going on (because hte way Eric reacts to the photo)

I just think that you have to see the good things about a character before watching him screw up.And Ryan was replacing somebody so loved like Speed .But this is just my personal impression at that time.I warmed to Natalia becouse her relationship with Eric was entertaining.By the time she was the mole,I already liked the character.

And we have to wait and see how this plays out becouse I suspect that Ryan would do the right thing this time in respect to Tara.
Because Ryan was coming in after Speed, quite a few people didn't try to see any good before the screw ups started.I saw some good from the first episode, and several episodes after that,but some were so focused on the the fact that he "replaced" Speed that they couldn't see past that.That's not only my opinion,but people stated they wouldn't like Speed's replacement before he even showed up.
But this thread is about somethingelse,so let's get back to it
I still believe he will do right by Tara by helping her to speak to someone about her addiction instead of hiding it.
I just don't see Ryan's postion that bad. I mean he's just helping her and warns her about not doing it anymore. He keeps his position safe when he warns her ;)
Believe me Florry,him warning her and nothing else would not keep his position safe(I'm speaking real world) It probably will on Miami,which of course I want his position to be safe.I just don't want the whole thing presented as no big deal.

Last edited:
This Tara thing may not even be about herself taking the drugs....I mean consuming the actual drug. Perhaps it's something else, like what they did with Eric/Marisol.
Either way, I don't think Ryan knowing about it will do him any harm. It's not as if he knows she stole them & let Julia take the blame - apparently he just thinks she's using, right? He might just be a little concerned, offers some advice & let's it go from there - I don't think this spoiler necessarily means that her drug habit (or whatever it may be) will be a permanent link to Ryan's character. Again, either way, I actually like the idea of him getting a little involved. Since Alexx has left, Ryan doesn't really have that "pal" anymore - he's sorta the guy who get's pulled in every direction, so this could be really good for him in showing some empathy & letting the audience get a feel for what he went through in his own addiction (gambling).

On another note - I am not thrilled that a newbie is already getting a story, no less one that's about addiction/drugs...but oh well, whatever tickles their freakin' pickle, I guess. :rolleyes:

This Tara thing may not even be about herself taking the drugs....I mean consuming the actual drug. Perhaps it's something else, like what they did with Eric/Marisol.
Either way, I don't think Ryan knowing about it will do him any harm. It's not as if he knows she stole them & let Julia take the blame - apparently he just thinks she's using, right? He might just be a little concerned, offers some advice & let's it go from there - I don't think this spoiler necessarily means that her drug habit (or whatever it may be) will be a permanent link to Ryan's character. Again, either way, I actually like the idea of him getting a little involved. Since Alexx has left, Ryan doesn't really have that "pal" anymore - he's sorta the guy who get's pulled in every direction, so this could be really good for him in showing some empathy & letting the audience get a feel for what he went through in his own addiction (gambling).

On another note - I am not thrilled that a newbie is already getting a story, no less one that's about addiction/drugs...but oh well, whatever tickles their freakin' pickle, I guess. :rolleyes:

Exactly. And that is not the impression that I got. When he sees the pills fall on the floor he makes a joke about them being for her or the bodies. She replies that they are for her shoulder b/c it hurts. He makes some kind of comment, I don't really remember what about everyone having their 'thing.' I am going to go out on a limb and assume that he means addiction or vice. She tells him it is under control and not to worry....he lets it go.

I am also a little po'ed that she is getting a meaty storyline like this. I mean c'mon if they gave Khandi even HALF the screen time they give her, she would probably still be on the show. But, heh what are you gonna do right? :shifty:

Exactly. And that is not the impression that I got. When he sees the pills fall on the floor he makes a joke about them being for her or the bodies. She replies that they are for her shoulder b/c it hurts. He makes some kind of comment, I don't really remember what about everyone having their 'thing.' I am going to go out on a limb and assume that he means addiction or vice. She tells him it is under control and not to worry....he lets it go.

:shifty:
This sounds a little different than what I've read.What you have stated here sounds a lot less serious.(smacks self upside head) I need to stop getting so worked up over some spoilers and learn to take them with a grain of salt.:lol:

I am also a little po'ed that she is getting a meaty storyline like this. I mean c'mon if they gave Khandi even HALF the screen time they give her, she would probably still be on the show. But, heh what are you gonna do right? :shifty:

Well in all fairness Khandi did get storylines in earlier seasons. "Nothing to Lose" is the one that comes to mind. There were some other ones, too. I think the writers are trying to not to make the mistake they made with Khandi in the later seasons. I'm glad they're doing this. If they're going to have Tara as a character on the show, we need know more about her. All right, the pill thing may be a bit recycled, but at least it's something.

I was just thinking, the pill thing might have a little to do with the US health care system? I've noticed on the CSI franchise lately that they've been tackling the Real Estate industry for being so bad, so maybe tara's thing is related to the US health care system.

okay, Dr Tara using the drugs or just taking them for somebody else would be an interesting avenue to explore. I am thinking also about Kyle working-maybe when Tara said see ya tomorrow at 8am it was a weekend or school was out for spring break? I don't see someone like Horatio who must have like a Master's in Chemistry or Science to ask his son to drop out and it not be a BIG issue..or maybe Kyle didn't fit into teen social life so he takes night classes with adults? Anyway, about future episodes with Kyle in it it'll be interesting to see that the writers can put him here and there w/out being a focus of attention..he'll truly be a recurring character then...as for Dr Tara if Ryan can bounce back fr gambling which truly risks his career than I'm sure she'll bounce back on this especially if the shoulder injury was real in her past and it's documented...she's not some street junkie but she's still lying/stealing to use drugs so she'll be paying for that...H will be upset I'm sure-wonder if he'll have time to apologize to Julia before Ron Saris comes back into the picture and threatens her...will this bring H/Julia closer or further-he seemed really annoyed w/her last they spoke in the middle of the street that day-he was tapping his fingers on his belt like he pissed finally at her...

okay, Dr Tara using the drugs or just taking them for somebody else would be an interesting avenue to explore. I am thinking also about Kyle working-maybe when Tara said see ya tomorrow at 8am it was a weekend or school was out for spring break? I don't see someone like Horatio who must have like a Master's in Chemistry or Science to ask his son to drop out and it not be a BIG issue..or maybe Kyle didn't fit into teen social life so he takes night classes with adults? Anyway, about future episodes with Kyle in it it'll be interesting to see that the writers can put him here and there w/out being a focus of attention..he'll truly be a recurring character then...as for Dr Tara if Ryan can bounce back fr gambling which truly risks his career than I'm sure she'll bounce back on this especially if the shoulder injury was real in her past and it's documented...she's not some street junkie but she's still lying/stealing to use drugs so she'll be paying for that...H will be upset I'm sure-wonder if he'll have time to apologize to Julia before Ron Saris comes back into the picture and threatens her...will this bring H/Julia closer or further-he seemed really annoyed w/her last they spoke in the middle of the street that day-he was tapping his fingers on his belt like he pissed finally at her...
Technically, if they're setting the show forward a few months (as opposed to having it in real time), Kyle could have already graduated. Given his birthdate, he would graduate in May or June of 2009. I wouldn't be that surprised if he dropped out, though. He was in juvie and jail for a while.

It certaily seems to me like they're setting Kyle up to be a recurring character, whose more "a part of the team" than a subplot for Horatio. Techincally, having him working in the ME's office with Tara would make him a part of the team (albeit a small part.)

So what I'm wondering is, are they going to add Evan Ellingson to the opening credits? If he's truly going to be working the cases alonside Tara, it seems fair that he gets at least a "featuring" spot on the credits.

As for Julia, I hope we don't see too much more from her. The way she treated Kyle in the last episode was downright heartless. She guinely didn't seem to care about her son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back