Carmine-What is Cessau?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Dryan89, May 3, 2006.

1. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Ooh its good, not what i expected.
    The start reminds me of the british group the Stereophonics. but it gets slightly more grungier.

Its really good tho, definately something i would buy if even if i didnt know it was Carmine cos its my kind of music.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

That really doesn't sound like Carmine singing the main vocals--the background guy does sound like him though. Cool that his band has a page--how did you find them, PA?

Hopefully the song will grow on me. It's better than the rap, but it's not super distinctive. They're smart to get a MySpace up, though--it's a kind of viral marketing like Anthony Zuiker always talks about. They should get up a few more songs and then try to play local L.A. clubs. Get the music out and then get signed!

3. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

If his music ever gets to NZ (Which I highly doubt..) Then I'll definately be buying the CD/Single/whatever :D

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I was looking at old threads on the board and found this one. For the hell of it I Googled "Ceesau" and boom, there ya have it.

I'm definitely gonna have to hear more to make a judgement. So far I think it's gonna have to be an acquired taste.

ETA: I have to add that I got quite the chuckle out of the pic of Carmine wearing big, dark sunglasses in the dimly lit studio. :lol: :confused:

5. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

I really, really, really like the song. The lead vocals don't sound like Carmine to me. The accent comes off as almost English. It's got a nice, slightly heavier edge than grunge. A sort of heavily punk-influenced grunge.

That Federline-esque rap on his website had me a little scared about where his musical intentions lie, but I can totally see Carmine rocking this.

6. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

I don't think the lead sounds like Carmine either. At the very beginning they do a little, but the rest of the song doesn't.

It's a good song. It's kinda funny how they went from having like, 30 friends then this was posted and now they're up to 110 almost over night. :lol:

7. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

One of the other members of the band is listed as guitar/vocals too so I suspect that it might be him singing - I agree that it certainly doesn't sound like Carmine's voice.

8. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^I agree, I dont think its Carmine singing the lead!

9. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I can see him more of a rocker than a rapper... looks the part

10. Rad

Rad Hit and Run

I agree with lookaboomarang that at the beginning it sounds like him.
    The middle doesnt. I thought the ending was also him. Carmine's voice really doesnt seem to be for singing. The music is good tho'. Definitely better that what was on his website. ;)

11. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

I never doubted his musical intentions. He had a dream and took a while to get there. Unlike other celebs, though, I don't see him as treating this as some second-rate side project. Carmine's the type to go "all-in" no matter how long it takes.

The song on MySpace kills it. The band melds perfectly. It's a little reminiscent of Nirvana, but it's got its own flavor as well. I'm looking forward to hearing more. :)

12. Top41

O, the pretensions of being a rock star! :lol: I always kind of laugh when people do that. Unless they're hung over--then I sympathize. :lol: :eek:

I'm going to go out on a limb and confess something here that people will likely laugh at: I actually like the rap on his website better than this song. :eek: Again, maybe it will grow on me, and it is just their first effort as a band, but it sounds so generic to me. It really doesn't sound like Carmine is singing on this song, and well, from the rap snippet, I really like his voice much better than the guy who is singing...I'm forgetting the title... "How Do You Feel?"

Anyway, it's first effort and not bad by any means, but I hope their sound gets more original as they grow as a band.

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Can somebody be considered a rock star if no album is out yet? :lol: Aww, Top41, it's okay, to each her own. ;)

They don't have any live dates set yet, but who knows, maybe soon they'll be playing in the clubs. I am sad I missed out on the Myspace friending spree on Saturday though. :( Their Myspace's been set so that you can't automatically send a request anymore. Oh, well.

14. Top41

Was my sarcasm lost? :( ;) :lol:

That's a pretty stupid move. You would think a band would want people to friend them--I know that a lot of bands/musicians even go out and send friend requests to people in attempts to gain friends. I really like that.

ETA: I just went over to MySpace to try friending them and it said it e-mailed them a request. :confused: Are you sure it wasn't some dumb MySpace error that pops up like, 50% of the time?

15. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

I'm no myspace user so I don't know but....Maybe when someone ads you then an email gets sent and it's clogging up their internet? I have no clue.