Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Thread

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Threa

Too right Twinkletoes - that woman needs to get some thermals on - maybe we should organise a whip round and send her some.

AnotherPlanet said:
Too right Twinkletoes - that woman needs to get some thermals on - maybe we should organise a whip round and send her some.

I'm sure we could afford a scarf at least... :D

I'll join the whip round!!
She must be bloody freezing!!!

Though I'm coming into this a bit late, excellent post, JDonne. As always. The writers *do* research their storylines and I've never bothered to look for any real Tanglewood Boys. That was interesting. Thanks.

I agree, the mob story is far more riveting that a romance. Plus, it plays to Carmine's strengths as an actor. That's a fascinating backstory that works perfectly with the talents of the actor. The failure to utilize these assets this season is unfortunate.

I like the idea of Danny being a snitch. He's made the right choices for himself and may have picked which side of the law he was on when he was quite young. That would be interesting and allow the writers some fresh options to work with.

AnotherPlanet said:
Twinkletoes said:
^^^ I'm afraid I've always pictured him looking like Danny de Vito....

That made me laugh!!!

Actually I picture him a bit like the guy from the Sopranos - James Gandolfini, or whatever his name is ...cliched I know!! I reckon Danny's the real odd one out in his family.....they're all tall, broad, dark and ugly and Danny is....well, none of the above....

One other thing.....and I know this is going to be an unpopular suggestion...but I wish Danny would put some more clothes on!! Isn't it supposed to be February in New York City...cold or what??? And he's running around in those little short jackets and skinny tops!!! Where's that nice green winter coat from last season???

Are you implying *gasp* that Ma Goonie had an AFFAIR?! Maybe Mac is Danny's real Dad...

Actually no, we need a blonde. Maybe it's Grissom? o_O

And anyone who's ever known a blokey bloke knows fine well that they'd never admit they're cold, because that would be totally wussy. And you know fine well that if you ever implied Danny Messer was a wuss, he'd throw an absolute fit and run around naked just to prove a point. :D

Isn't this the same Danny that wore a jacket in an early episode of season 2 on what seemed to be the hottest day after claiming his mother still dressed him!!
Well god bless Ma Messer she's dresses him well to me!

MichelleK said:
Isn't this the same Danny that wore a jacket in an early episode of season 2 on what seemed to be the hottest day after claiming his mother still dressed him!!
Well god bless Ma Messer she's dresses him well to me!

Well...yes, but there's a big difference between being all tough and not listening to your Ma. I bet Ma Messer is quite a well-respected lady :)

I wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of Ma Messer. It seems like she's raised quite a clan in the Messers.
I bet she wears the trousers in the Messer household!!

Wow, a lot of excellent discussion, guys! So many possibilities for Danny's backstory. I hope the writers don't choose something quick and easy (and disappointing) when they finally deal with the storyline. The character(s) (and fans) deserve better. ;)

But really, I just wanted to post to mention this:

And you know fine well that if you ever implied Danny Messer was a wuss, he'd throw an absolute fit and run around naked just to prove a point.
:D *Calls Danny Messer a big-ole' wuss* :D

I knew you were going to do that, you potty-mind!

Joins in - Danny Messer is a big ole wuss!!!!

I knew you were going to do that, you potty-mind!
*cough* Hehe. *looks at your siggie* Well, I don't know why you're acting surprised. :devil:

By the way, Danny DeVito as Papa Messer? Why would I find that absolutely hilarious? :lol:

But you know, Danny's a good actor, so if the writers did it, I'd laugh for a minute...and then just tilt my head and call them brilliant. :lol: *applauds whoever came up with the idea* :p

I'm really interested in the idea that maybe it was Danny's mother who was connected--we all have this stereotypical idea of what the whole mob thing would mean, and it would be cool to see that she was the one with the connections. It would also be interesting if Papa Messer did approve of Danny's choices, rather than being disappointed with him. I know we've discussed the idea of Danny being abused, possibly by his father, in the other thread--what if Danny had tried to hang with Louie's crowd and the only way Papa Messer could think to try to change Danny's mind was by being rough with him?...

I'm just tossing out random stuff here, to see if anything sticks. :lol:

That would sort of make sense! Pop Messer didn't want both his sons to mess up so was rough on Danny to toughen him up and get him out of there. Kinda like Louie did in Run Silent, Run Deep. Danny couldn't cope or handle things and that was there way to protect him.
I'm sure deep down Pop Messer is proud of Danny and the hoices he's made, but I guess it doesn't help when your older son is a known gangmember!!
I'd love a meeting between Mac and the Messer's!!

Faylinn said:
By the way, Danny DeVito as Papa Messer? Why would I find that absolutely hilarious? :lol:
There is literally no way it would be biologically possible for anything as genetically gifted as Danny to have sprung from the loin of DeVito.

^^^ :lol: :lol: :D That is so true!! Mamma Messer would want to be pretty damn amazing if that were to be the case...then again on that note why would she marry DeVito? I digress-not possible! :lol:

Back