Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Thread

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Threa

Now now, MrsG my darling, you know you brought this on yourself. :D

DeVito.jpg

And, of course:

DeVito2.jpg

:D Now that I've left you with some lovely mental images... :D

Well at least we know why Danny Messer wears glasses. He inherited it form Pa Messer!!

I think I'm traumatised. D: Mainly because I'm still seeing Ma Goonie in there somewhere.

Faylinn said:
By the way, Danny DeVito as Papa Messer? Why would I find that absolutely hilarious?
MrsGiovinazzo said:There is literally no way it would be biologically possible for anything as genetically gifted as Danny to have sprung from the loin of DeVito.
:lol::lol::lol:

Oh come on, at least we'll finally know where Danny gets his height from....

Low blow, I know.

I'm really interested in the idea that maybe it was Danny's mother who was connected--we all have this stereotypical idea of what the whole mob thing would mean, and it would be cool to see that she was the one with the connections.
The only thing that makes me go, "Eh, I don't know..." is just how close it sounds Danny is to his mother. Over the seasons, he's made multiple references to her, and not in the negative, so I think if he had been a snitch or did turn his back on his mother's family, it'd have to be with her approval and support. He's obviously not estranged from her and isn't afraid to take Hawkes over to a household affiliated with the mafia. I mean, I have considered the mob connections being with his mother's family, but I can't help but wonder if there's a reason we rarely hear about Papa Messer.

Papa Messer never really had to be anything huge in the mob. If he was invovled, I assume that due to the surname he wasn't really in any position for serious power.

Though I do like the idea of the connections coming from the mother's family -- changes things up a bit. But heck, they could both be connected. *shrugs*

It would also be interesting if Papa Messer did approve of Danny's choices, rather than being disappointed with him.
Again, I can't help but think back to Danny's relationship with Mac in S1. He went a step above and beyond looking for Mac's approval, and seemed almost devastasted when Mac expressed his disappointment. Would Louie's rejection have been enough to draw Danny into looking for a surrogate father?

Anyway, great post JDonne. It was an interesting read!

One wonders, therefore, if Papa Messer was the snitch?

It's certainly possible that Pop Messer could be a snitch but would he risk his family in doing that!! Tanglewood looked serious enough so if they were involved in something more intense would he risk his family!!

He may not have had a choice. It also could explain why the family were being watched.

I guess so Silencer!!
Do we know if Ma and Pop Messer are still married and together??

All this thinking!! I love how the character of Danny Messer gives us so much to discuss!!

That's because he is arguably the most complex and well-written of all of the characters in NY. Mac could probably contest him in terms of storylines, but because Mac is such a private man, we don't see his feelings and reactions as much as we do with Danny.

I'm starting a petiton for TPTB to bring back the Danny of old!! I know I've still got most of season 3 to watch but I've heard he's kinda subdued and all! Very much looking forward to Raising Shane though!! Carmine and Edward Furlong! Yum!

He's actually really... he comes across as terrified when dealing with Shane. It's a really good scene.

SimplyBlue said:

The only thing that makes me go, "Eh, I don't know..." is just how close it sounds Danny is to his mother. Over the seasons, he's made multiple references to her, and not in the negative, so I think if he had been a snitch or did turn his back on his mother's family, it'd have to be with her approval and support. He's obviously not estranged from her and isn't afraid to take Hawkes over to a household affiliated with the mafia. I mean, I have considered the mob connections being with his mother's family, but I can't help but wonder if there's a reason we rarely hear about Papa Messer.

Papa Messer never really had to be anything huge in the mob. If he was invovled, I assume that due to the surname he wasn't really in any position for serious power.

Though I do like the idea of the connections coming from the mother's family -- changes things up a bit. But heck, they could both be connected. *shrugs*

Having mob ties doesn't necessarily mean you're a bad person and/or have a criminal record. Danny's mother could be the daughter of a boss but be the sweetest person, have a good relationship with her son and cook for his friends.

The family may have been under surveillance because of who she is, they do that with relatives of "dangerous" guys but like I said, not necessarily because she did something. What intrigues me on the other hand is Papa Messer. He married a boss's daughter so he had to be very careful and try to please his father-in-law any way he could if he didn't want to find himself six feet under. What if said father-in-law asked him a favor or something, leading to Papa Messer doing something wrong? The snitch theory works too, and could lead to interesting dynamics between the characters.

Ah, the possibilities... ;)

Back