Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Thread

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Threa

I know this is probably abit naive and a really stupid question but do mob families and such still exsist?? I've heard stories and stuff but I just wondered how intense the whole Mob culture was?? Does it just pass down through the family name or some other way? Do they have initiations like they showed with Tanglewood! I'm just really interested into what really goes on??

Mob families do exist. There's probably not as many as there used to be but something like that doesn't die very easily. Same thing goes for initiations.

JDonne, great post, I enjoyed reading every word of it! :D What you said about Danny's mother actually being the one with a mob link is something I've been wondering for a while now and it makes perfect sense. Now we just need to learn if Papa Messer was just along for the ride or decided to take the next step seeing as he already had the right connections. ;)

Orison said:
Mob families do exist. There's probably not as many as there used to be but something like that doesn't die very easily. Same thing goes for initiations.

JDonne, great post, I enjoyed reading every word of it! :D What you said about Danny's mother actually being the one with a mob link is something I've been wondering for a while now and it makes perfect sense. Now we just need to learn if Papa Messer was just along for the ride or decided to take the next step seeing as he already had the right connections. ;)

I think it's about time we saw Momma Messer on screen. Because she's been built up in my head to the point where she's terrifying. She must surely be like Momma from The Goonies.

^ Somehow I can't picture that mom from "The Goonies" cooking meals or serving his son's friend mozzarella... :lol:

Orison said:
^ Somehow I can't picture that mom from "The Goonies" cooking meals or serving his son's friend mozzarella... :lol:

Can't you?! I could, She'll feed you til you DIE. You can just see Hawkes unable to face mozzerella ever again after she's done :D

So Ma Messer is like Ma Goonie so I wonder who we could describe and compare Pop Messer too!!!

^^^ I'm afraid I've always pictured him looking like Danny de Vito....

Danny De Vito and Ma Goonie made a child like Danny!! Well stranger things have happened??

Twinkletoes said:
^^^ I'm afraid I've always pictured him looking like Danny de Vito....

That made me laugh!!!

Actually I picture him a bit like the guy from the Sopranos - James Gandolfini, or whatever his name is ...cliched I know!! I reckon Danny's the real odd one out in his family.....they're all tall, broad, dark and ugly and Danny is....well, none of the above....

One other thing.....and I know this is going to be an unpopular suggestion...but I wish Danny would put some more clothes on!! Isn't it supposed to be February in New York City...cold or what??? And he's running around in those little short jackets and skinny tops!!! Where's that nice green winter coat from last season???

I agree about the clothes things!! He always looked stunning in his suits in season one and then in season 2 I reallyed liked the jeans and shirt combo. They are really dressing him casually and it's not how I'd expect a CSI to dress. That green coat was so nice and wintery.

Yeah I'd expect Pop Messer to be a big guy too. Danny would totally be the odd one out. Kinda the black sheep of the family. Doing well at school, top of his class at the police academy. Danny and Louie are the total opposites. I wonder if Pop Messer is actually proud of Danny and talks about him like normal parents do or if he actually hides the fact that his son and more importantly a Messer is a cop.

I think Danny and his Dad aren't on good terms with each other. We know he's still around - cause Danny mentioned him coming down to the hospital in RSRD, but like you said, I get the feeling Danny is the black sheep of the Messer family - he's obviously smart, sensitive and seems to be trying to make something of his life, which is more than you could say for Louie...

I wish they'd re-visit the whole Louie storyline again - if he's alive he's presumably going to be in the frame for being involved in the murder of that kid who was buried at the stadium - and it was the fact that they found Danny's DNA on the cigarette that led them to Louie in the first place......what if the Dad reappeared and in some way blamed Danny for Louie getting beaten up and/or arrested for that murder. It would be interesting to see where Danny's loyalties ultimately lay ....

That would be a great storyline! it's obviously that Pop Messer and Louie would be close - if Louie followed in his father's footsteps.
I could imagine that being a great storyline if Pop Messer blamed Danny. Ultimately if Louie hadn't gone to see Sonny and been wired, he would never end up in intensive care. Thst would be such divided loyalty. I wish they would just mention Louie. Surely if the whole Tanglewood Case went to court Danny would have to give evidence and whatnot with it being his cigarette found in the hole. Ultimately he would give the evidence that would send his brother to prison.

Exactly!! This whole lack of continuity really bugs me.....one minute there's Danny crying his lamps out over his half-dead brother and the next minute the guy has just disappeared without a trace......actually maybe they can do a crossover with Without A Trace and Danny Taylor can try to find out where Danny Messer's brother has gone...oh, and also where Danny's winter coat is...and where Anna Belknap's acting skills are....all gone without a trace!!

AnotherPlanet said:

One other thing.....and I know this is going to be an unpopular suggestion...but I wish Danny would put some more clothes on!! Isn't it supposed to be February in New York City...cold or what??? And he's running around in those little short jackets and skinny tops!!! Where's that nice green winter coat from last season???

It's not Danny I'm worried about so much as Stella. All those low-cut tops - she's going to get a chest infection if she's not careful.... :lol:

AnotherPlanet - you do make me laugh!!
The lack of continuity does suck - more so than any other show!! It doesn't take much for anyone to say, Danny, How's Louie??
Stelle does dress kinda risque for a CSI, She'll make one of the victims blush one day I'm sure!!

Back