Cancellation of a CSI series

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by ComicCollect_NL, Dec 11, 2010.

?

I would cancel....

Poll closed Jan 10, 2011.
  1. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. CSI: Miami

33 vote(s)
    56.9%
  3. CSI: New York

9 vote(s)
    15.5%
  4. Neither of them

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Boycott new CBS dramas if ever a CSI is canceled!

2. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Well, if you don't have a Nielsen box, boycotting is pointless.

I think it's likely they'll all be renewed for next year.

3. Meadowhawk

Meadowhawk Victim

I would probably watch a CSI set in any city. CSI Phoenix? Bring it! CSI Augusta? Why not?

Actually, I've always thought it would be cool to see a more regional CSI. I always enjoyed the Las Vegas episodes where the crime was in a smaller, outlying town and they sent the evidence to the big city crime lab, or the CSIs had to go to those smaller towns to collect it themselves.

The biggest concern I would have with more CSI spinoffs would be having original storylines. Three CSIs going at once, especially in conjunction with all the other CBS crime dramas, means there's a lot of overlap in stories. I hope there remains at least one CSI for years to come, but I do get overwhelmed with three. They start running together.

4. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

NBC tried that with Law & Order LA and it's tanking in the ratings. I truly think adding another city when one or more of the current CSIs end is a bad thing.
    It'd be just another CSI for the sake of having another CSI. I think with any franchise,3 is the limit. Beyond that, shows will start to falter.

5. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

Is this poll attracking the wrong people? It appears that the facts for the years 2011 - 2012 shows something else than preferred. Are many CSI: Miami only focused on its own forum?

6. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

Guess, this is it. I believe this topic can be closed. Nobody is replying anymore.

7. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

As a csi miami fan I do go to other threads just not so much as csi lv are csi ny thats because I dont watch them....I do hope that csi miami gets a new season

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

We'll leave it open in case anybody comes into the forum and wants to comment (whether it's an hour or a month from now) - if a thread becomes inactive, it will eventually fall off the main page. :)

9. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

they make that much per episode huh!?! Man thems big money. I am not going to tell you how LITTLE I make LOL :guffaw: :lol:

10. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Why did you all vote CSI: Miami? Its my favorite one! NOOOO! :(

11. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

In all truth, I didn't vote but I also don't want to lose any of the CSI shows. I know I said previously that I am done with CSI:M but I really don't want it gone at all. I just get tired of so many repeats and not much continuity of past members such as Susie and Madiosn and so on. But I love all three CSI shows regardless.

This may not be the place to mention this but we lost Medium,Ghost Whisperer. Or at least we don't get them on the station it did come through before. But you know what I mean here, right?! I don't want to lose any good shows of the CSI franchise.

12. danlynsey011

danlynsey011 Civilian

cancel csi!! what sacrilidge!!!

13. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Many fans are almost going batnuts over the possibility of a CSI being cancelled. You know CBS, if you want to potentially eliminate the threat of CSI:NY being cancelled, please move it back to Wednesdays and rescue it from the infamous Friday Night Death Slot!

You won't save the show by moving it to Fridays in the first place!

14. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Rescue all the CSIs. The ratings show that none of CBS's potential replacement shows can perform better than the CSIs. Blue Bloods is a good show but I don't think it's strong enough to replace CSI: NY as the Friday anchor show. Same is true with Hawaii Five-0 for CSI: Miami and The Mentalist for CSI. CBS thought they already found the perfect replacements for the CSIs thus the time slot moves but in reality they are wrong. Why don't they just accept the fact that their network still relies on the franchise.

In short it doesn't make sense to cancel a show that was performing way better in its previous time slot versus its current ratings and the new show currenty occupying it.

15. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Well, it makes sense if it's cheaper to maker with around the same results. If Blue Bloods and Hawaii Five-0 do about the same without the overhead of the Sinise and Caruso, CBS will have no problem cancelling the shows. They got rid of Without a Trace and Cold Case despite pretty decent ratings due to rising cast costs.