Cancellation of a CSI series

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by ComicCollect_NL, Dec 11, 2010.

?

I would cancel....

Poll closed Jan 10, 2011.
  1. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. CSI: Miami

33 vote(s)
    56.9%
  3. CSI: New York

9 vote(s)
    15.5%
  4. Neither of them

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Let's avoid name-calling, guys.

I think there will be a lot of things to consider when CBS decides whether or not to pick up any or all of the shows for another season. Technically, NY seems most likely to get cancelled at this point in time, but that's not the point of this thread. This is about what you would cancel if you were in charge - none of us are, so it's all down to personal opinion. ;)

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

CBS execs already said that they were not planning on canceling any of the CSI shows this season.

I think each one will get at least one more season.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Sorry Faylinn I was just making a point on the ratings, and on Miami vs the Oscars. It was also shown from 5:30-8:30 in Nevada, which had no bearing on Miami which aired at 10:00 A old friend called about quarter of nine and we talked about it, till about 9:00. Anyways out here, the dip in ratings on Miami was not due to the Oscars. And then there's the taping/recording option as well. Now across the country, I have no idea. And I also think that GNRF is right about NO cancellation till who knows, but not now;)

4. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

You are wrong. Why do you insist on saying this?

5. Desertwind

6. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Okay, you are still wrong. West Coast...this is the times:

5:30 pm - Red Carpet Event (Oscars) start
    8:30 pm - Actual Awards start
    10:30 pm - Awards end, show is over

CSI: Miami starts at 9 pm there.

CSI: Miami aired its full 1 hour during the Academy Awards/Oscars EVERYWHERE. End it.

7. Desertwind

Our Red Carpet started at 3:00 pm with Ryan Seacrest on the E! channel and Robin Roberts on ABC. We all watched that, till the Oscars came on at 5:30, shall I have all the people who were here come on and post it. Didn't you read the link, is that wrong too? about the 3 hour difference? and BTW vegaslights who also lives here and is a moderator will verify this. so enough already:rolleyes:

Another link that states it started at 5:00 at the Kodak theater, actually the opening ceremonies did start at 5:30, scroll down and it says the TIME, after the Anne Hathaway fashion part~

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/8327806-anne-hathaway-oscars-looks-

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  8. Faylinn

The Academy Awards started live at 8:)30) ET/5:)30) PT, so the effect on Miami's ratings depends on which part of the country you live in. It had an effect in some areas, and it didn't have an effect in others, but there's no denying that the award coverage did lower Miami's viewers to some extent. There's no need to keep arguing about this. There's a ratings thread in the Miami forum where the ratings can be discussed, so let's try to keep this thread on topic.

I opened this thread if anybody wants to continue the conversation about the actual likelihood that a show will be cancelled. I think part of the problem in this thread is that some people are taking it as a serious discussion of what will be renewed or cancelled, while others are just offering their preference for which show could (or should) go. Now we have separate threads for each one, so hopefully that'll keep things more peaceful.

Back on topic - if you were in charge of CBS programming, and you could choose to cancel one of the CSI series, which one (if any) would you choose and why?

9. Desertwind

Sorry Faylinn I just don't feel it's right for an almost 6 yr. fan on this site to be called a fool and a liar, by a new person. It's rude, insulting and way out of line. I do realize what your saying is correct, but to be called "wrong" continually, is not the thing I want to hear, it's so derogatory and so dreadful. I was just standing my ground on the time. And not trying to start an arugment. And on a cancellation of one of these, it's a hard call, as I like them all. I hope they all continue. Thank's for posting the time, again as I did with the other links:bolian:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Well, right there your "facts" are wrong. Being that the show was 3 1/2 hours long, there's no possible way the show was over at 10:30. On the east coast, it finished around 11:45; while over here on the west coast the show was over by 8:45.

11. Faylinn

As I said earlier, the name-calling is unnecessary. Nobody should be insulted over a misunderstanding, and I hope words like "fool" can stay out of a discussion thread. I don't want this to be an issue, Hardline Pro. We're all here to talk about CSI, not toss insults at each other over when the Oscars aired.

I don't think anyone set out to start an argument, but the confusion over the time zone issues was creating an argument in any case. Now that several people from the West Coast have confirmed the timeline for the awards show, the misunderstanding should be resolved.

12. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

I'm pretty sure, I have mentioned this earlier.... I'll keep mention this as long as it takes. At this, to opinion, CSI NY is not unique compared to the others.

CSI Las Vegas is scientific based.... No matter what cases we're dealing with, this will always be based on scientific based evidence.

CSI: Miami is action based.... CSI is still CSI... There's always room for some science, but main core is always action.... bombs and shootings...

CSI: New York.... was profiler based.... at this point a mix between action and science.... Basically, a rip off of CSI: Miami.... One way or another.... Profiler based or not.... CSI: NY really needs something unique compared to the other shows....

Other programmes, interfering show are, to me, just an excuse that an episode is badly. We all are human beings, who sometimes have a bad mood. That can happen.