Can I ever put my past behind me

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by sarahSidle1981, Jul 24, 2007.

1. melbel

melbel Pathologist

sweet

2. sarahSidle1981

sarahSidle1981 Lab Technician

Chapter Six: A Fresh start for Bethany
    Sarah and Bethany go to the mall after they had lunch. When they first get to the mall Sara goes and gets a wheelchair for Bethany to use. Bethany set down in the wheelchair and Sara start push Bethany through the mall.

Sara: Where do you want to go first?
    Bethany: Jcpenney so I can buy bedding set and other bedroom items. Sara what size is the bed I will be sleep on?
    Sara: A full size bed.

When they get into Jcpenney, Once they get into the store Sara gets one of the shopping carted that hooks onto the front of wheelchairs. Sara hooks it up to the wheelchair Bethany using. The first place the two of them go and look at is the bed and bath department. Bethany spots a set of three hanging butterflies and butterflies wall tattoos, so she hands the wall tattoos and hooking butterfly sets to Sara who put them into the shopping carted. The butterflies in both set are purple, pink and light blue. Bethany and Sara then both spot a bed set that would go great with it. It was called Bye- Bye Butterfly. The bed set light lavender with butterflies on the blanket, sheets and pillow cases. The two of them then go and look at bedroom accessories. Bethany take one of the Hanging Shade Lamps with Eyelash Fringes off the shelves and show it to Sara.

Sara: What that lamp Bethany?
    Bethany: Yeah, I like how the shade is off-white but it has pink beads on the fringe.

Sarah put the lamp into the carted next to the bed set and the butterflies wall tattoos and wall hooks. Bethany then points to some Tassel Floor Cushion and Sara grabs a pink, purple, blue and black one and puts them into the carted. As Sara is put, the floor cushion into the carted. Bethany grabs a light blue, purple and pink Shaggy Chic Accent Pillows and reaches up and over and puts them into the carted. Sara walks up to Bethany and shows her some purple Mod Squad Window Coverings.

Sarah: Beth how about these for your bedroom window?
    Bethany: Yeah I love them.

Sara put then into the carted and Sara starts push Bethany down the row again, and they look at more stuff. Bethany then gets Patrice Lamp in purple to put on white Abbigail Nightstand that Sara just put into the carted. Bethany and Sara pick the Nightstand because it has a drawer. Sara also had work from the store put the match Abbigail Dresser on the rack of the carted.

Sara: Bethany let get you a new bed frame, the mattress is new but the bed frame is really old and fall apart.
    Bethany: Ok, let go look at the bed frame now.

Bethany finds and hardboard and footboard set called Bethany Bedroom design to looks like a tulip on the inside of the frames. The two of them then head over to the clothing. Bethany picks out several outfits to try and puts her favorite ones into the carted when she comes out of the fit room. Then the two of them go to the check out counter and pay for everything. The two of then go to homedepot and Bought a White Computer Desk that on sale for twenty-three dollars for Bethany room. Sara also picks up lavender paint for the walls of Bethany bedroom.
    When they get back to Sara apartment the two of them get out of Sara car. Bethany grabs couple of the light bags from Jcpenney and Sara gabs and few with each hand. They take the elevator up to the fifth floor and Sara leads Bethany to apartment number 504. Sara opens the door and set the bags she carrying down at the sometime her boxer Ali jumps off the couch and comes run towards the two of them. Bethany smiles as the mostly brown dog with a white spot on her chest and black on her nose stop in front of her and wiggle her tiny tail.

Bethany: What the dogs name?
    Sara: Her name is Ali, how about the two of you get to know eachother while I go and bring the rest of the stuff will bought up.
    Bethany: Ok, Sara.

Sara goes back down stair and start get the rest of the thing out of her car. At the sometime Catherine pulls up into the park spot next to her. Catherine, twelve- year-old Lindsey and Lily Flynn ( Catherine mom) gets out of the car and walks over to Sara and each grab some of bags out of Sara car. Sara and Catherine put, the nightstand box on top the dresser box, which is set on top of the desk box. The two of them each take a end of the long desk box and carry inside. Lindsey and lily grab the rest of the bags. Lindsey opens Sara apartment door and Catherine and Sara walks into Sara apartment and set the three boxes down. Sara sees she sees Ali lay on her back and Bethany rub Ali stomach and she is wiggling her tiny tail none stop. Sara grabs her camera and takes a picture of the two of them.

Bethany: Sara who are these three ladies and girl?
    Sara: Lindsey is the pre-teen girl that just set down next to you. Lindsey mom Catherine was the one help me carry your desk, Dress and nightstand in and the old lady Is Lindsey grandmother Lily. Catherine, Lindsey and Lily this is Bethany, my fostered daughter.
    Bethany: Lily, the lady who watch me when you are at work right?
    Sara: Yeah, I’m going to changes into some old cloth then the five of us are going to start you bedroom.
    Catherine: The four of us will go get started on the bedroom.
    Sara: Ok

As Sara change Lindsey, and Bethany take apart the old bed frame. Lily pulls the mattress out of the room and set up against the living room wall, while Catherine wipes Bethany, bedroom walls off to get them ready to be paint. Sara come into Bethany bedroom carry the paint and paint supply. Bethany, Lindsey, catherine and Lily looks at Sara and sees she change into a pair of old jeans that had holes in both knees and a old black tank top. Sara and Catherine paint the bedroom walls lavender, while Lindsey, Lily and Bethany works on put the desk, Nightstand and dresser together. Catherine and Sara had just finish paint the room when it was time for them to get ready for work. Sara goes into her bedroom and changes and Catherine goes into the bathroom to get ready for work.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

That sounds nice :) It's sweet Sara's helping her.

4. melbel

melbel Pathologist

caitlin - daughter or niece

5. sarahSidle1981

Caitlin is Sara niece in the Longest months of Sara Sidle life.

6. Fearlessness

Fearlessness Civilian

Good story. I like the plot. Couple suggestions, though. You should have someone beta this for you. It's easier on the reader that way. Also, writing the dialogue with quotes, rather than breaking the story up and switching formats when someone speaks is distracting.
    Just a couple suggestions. Great story so far.

7. sarahSidle1981

Chapter Seven: (part one) First real tests as a fostered mom!
    Sara’s alarm clock buzzes in her ears. Letting her know it time to get up and met Bethany at the door of the apartment build so the bus drive will let her off the school bus. It is December17, 2003 and Bethany has been live with Sara for two whole weeks as of yesterday. Both of them are getting along great and Bethany has made several new friends at Vegas Verdes elementary school and is already at the top of her three-grade class. She gets up and grabs her keys and head outsides to meet Bethany. When she gets outsides she is not surprise to see its raining again, seeing that it been run at lest one a day all month. Sara only been outside for five minutes and is already soak wet and shivering seeing that its only forty-six degrees outside. The bus pulls up in front of the build at four p.m. Normal Bethany is the first one to get off the bus, but today the other six children that live in the apartment complex come run off the bus first. And into the three different builds. Sara walks up to the bus door when everyone else has got off and Bethany still has not got off the bus. The Bus drive looks at Sara and points to the seat behind her. Sara steps onto the bus and sees Bethany has just start to pull the water proof Cast Covers over her right ankle. Sara kneels down and helps with the leg one so she can get the Cast Covers on her left wrist.

Sara: Why did you not leave them on when you get onto the bus?
    Bethany: It was not raining when school ended.
    Sara: Oh, let get off the bus so the bus driver can drop off the rest of the children.
    Bethany: Ok

As Sara talk to the Bus drive Bethany walks off the bus and starts walking towards the doors of the build, they live in.

Annie (bus drive) Miss. Sidle Just to let you know Bethany fall asleep on the bus rides. Bethany, only wake up when Cassie, the girl that lives in the apartment three door down from the two of you wake her up when I pull into the park lot.
    Sara: Thanks for let me knew Annie.
    Annie: Also Bethany teacher Miss. Korn asks me to tell you Bethany act sluggish all day, and the lunch lady write Miss. Korn a note to told her Bethany hardly touches her lunch before she gets up and throws it out. The teachers also get a note from the recess lady that said Bethany lay down on a bench and take a nap instead of play with her friends.
    Sara: Anything else I should know?
    Annie: No, That all I know.

Sara walks off the bus and met Bethany at the door to the build they live in and unlocks it so she can go inside and out of the pouring rain. Bethany does not say anything to Sara on the way up to the fifth floor or even once they get into the place. Bethany just heads start for her bedroom with Ali right behead her. When both of them was in her bedroom she closed the bedroom door. Then take off the cast covers and changes into some dry PJ top and bottoms not care that tonight the night Lily watchers her and Lindsey’s at Catherine house. Sara knocks on Bethany’s bedroom door, when Bethany does not answers her back. She open up Bethany door and looks into see Bethany curl up on her bed and her left wrist is rest on Ali back.

Sara: Bethany, What do you want for dinner tonight?
    Bethany: Go away
    Sara: Come on Bethany you need to eat some dinner, It will give you energy so you can finish the school you did not get done at school.
    Bethany: Fine, How about cream of potato soup.
    Sara: Ok, Bethany
    Bethany: Can I just lay here and rest to dinner ready?
    Sara: Yeah

With that Sara close Bethany door and goes into the kitchen and get out two cans of cream of potato soup. She open the cans and pours then into the soup pan then puts and can of water in the pan and stir the water so it mixes into the soup, as it slow heats up.

8. MacsGirlMel

I wonder what's up with her. Please tell us soon!

9. sarahSidle1981

Chapter Eight: (Part two) First real tests as a fostered mom!
    When the soup is ready Sara, walks over to Bethany’s bedroom door and knocks. Like early she does not get an answer. So she opens Bethany’s bedroom door and looks inside her room to see her sound a sleep. Sara goes over to the side of Bethany bed and light shakes her.

Sara: Bethany, the soup is done, so you need to get up now.
    Bethany: Leave me alone!
    Sara: Come on Bethany, you need to eat!
    Bethany: Whatever, I’ll be out in a few minutes

Sara walks back out of Bethany room and puts soup into two bowl and set them on the breakfast counter. Meanwhile, in Bethany bedroom she set up in her bed and rubs her eyes, thinking why do I feel so wear out and why am I not hunger, I never loss my appetite, I’m always hunger by this time of day . She stands up and limps towards her bedroom. Sara has just put some spoons next to each bowl at the sometime Bethany comes out of her bedroom. Bethany takes a set in one the stool. Sara set down in the stool next to her and starts eat. She looks over at Bethany five minutes later and sees she only eat a few spoon fulls so far. She looks at Bethany really carefully and sees she look flush, she puts her left hand on Bethany forehead. Sara gets a little worry when she feels that Bethany is run warm. Bethany pulls Sara hand off her forehead.

Bethany:( Voice sound scratchy) Leave me alone, I do not feel like be touch or eaten all I want to do is gone to bed.
    Sara: Does you throat hurt, or any other anything else hurt?
    Bethany: Yeah, my throat hurts really bed and I’m ache all over.
    Sara: I want you to finish eating, then go lay back down.
    Bethany: It hurts too much to swallow.
    Sara: Ok, go back to your room and lay down, I am going to go get the thermometer out of the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. Then I be into took your temperature, and I am going to grab my min meg light and take a look in your throat to.

Bethany just shakes her head yes then slides off the stool and heads back into her bedroom, Ali picks her head up off the living room floor and looks at Sara with her big brown eyes. Sara bent down and pat Ali head on her way to the bathroom.

Sara: (Pat Ali) Go into Bethany bedroom and keep her company.

Ali gets up and runs into Bethany bedroom and hop up onto her bed next to her. Bethany pat the top of the dog head. Sara walks into Bethany bedroom and sits down on the edges of the bed and put the thermometer into Bethany mouth. It beeps thirty seconds later and Sara takes the thermometer out of her mouth and looks at it.

Sara: You have a fever of 101.9 degrees Fahrenheit, Can you open you mouth up so I can look at your throat.
    Bethany: ok

Bethany open up her mouth really big and Sara shine her flash light in inside Bethany mouth and looks at her throat. Sara sees that Bethany has swollen tonsils both her throat and tonsils are red. Sara then feels Bethany neck and feels that her lymph are also swollen.

Bethany: What wrong with me, Ah-Choo?
    Sara: Your tonsils are swell and red. Your throat is also really red, also you lymph are really swollen. And have cause you have a fever.
    Bethany: Coughs, do I have to go over to Lindsey and Catherine house tonight?
    Sara: No, I call Nick up and See if he mind work on his day off so I can stay home with you.
    Bethany: (Sniffs) Thanks.

Sara stand up and head out of Bethany bedroom and walks into her room and grabs her cellphone and dial nicks number. Meanwhile, at Nicks place his cellphone start ring and hr rolls over in bed thinking who call me it my day off. He reach for his cellphone and looks at the number and sees it Sara cellphone number. He flips the phone open and takes the call.

Nick: Stroke
    Sara: Hi, Nick did I waken you?
    Nick: Yeah but it ok, what up.
    Sara: Can you take my shift tonight, Bethany has a fever of 101.9 and her tonsil are swell also red.
    Nick: Is her throat really red too, and does she have swell Lymph?
    Sara: Yeah
    Nick: Sounds like she has Tonsillitis and Strep throat.
    Sara: Yeah that what it looks like, I’m going to see how she feels in the morning and of it still looks like it does tonight I’m going to make her a doctor appointment.
    Nick: Yeah, I cover your shift tonight, but you have the week of Christmas off and I am on call that whole and I need to go see my family in Texas will you cover me that week so I can go see my parents?
    Sara: Yeah I take you week of been on call.
    Nick: Then I cover you shift tonight, tell Bethany I hope she feels better soon.
    Sara: I will.

10. MacsGirlMel

I hope she gets better and doesn't need her tonsils out. *is glad she escaped that herself*

11. sarahSidle1981

Chapter Nine: Should I take Bethany to the Doctor or wait to see if she better in a few days?
    Sara is set on the couch in the living room read a book and listens to Bethany coughing in her sleep. She had tries to get Bethany to take some children Tylenol to help reduce the fever and help ease her sore throat, but she would not take any. Sara falls a sleep on the couch read her book and does not wake up the rest of the night. The next morning Bethany comes limp out of her bedroom with Ali right behind her at 8:40 a.m. she limp over to the couch where Sara is sleep and wakes her up by shake her shoulder. Sara set up and looks at Bethany.

Bethany: (Sniffle and sound hoarse) Sara, I miss the school bus can you give me a ride to school?
    Sara: Bethany, you sound awful and still looking feverish I think you should stay home from school the rest of this week and I should make you a doctor appointment.
    Bethany: But Sara, I have a spell and social study, math today and Friday it’s my class holiday party I cannot miss this week . I feel a lot better and my throat does not hurt anymore.
    Sara: No, you can take make up test after winter break.
    Bethany: No, my teachers do not give make up tests.
    Sara: Fine I let you go to school for your tests today and tomorrow, but as far as Friday goes Bethany, Let wait to sees how you are feeling ok, see that it just a day of partying and no school work at all.
    Bethany: Coughs, Ok Sara.
    Sara: Give me a second to get changes and I will take you to school.

Two minutes later Bethany setting in the backseat of Sara light-blue Ford Focus on her way to school. Sara pulls up in front of Vegas Verdes elementary school and puts the car in park. And looks through the review mirror at Bethany. She has a feel Bethany was lie to her about feel better and her throat not hurt her anymore, but did not say anything.

Bethany: Thanks Sara, you get me here right on time. I have to go school going to start in a minute.
    Sara: Ok, Bethany. But if you start to feel really bad just go to the nurse and ask to come home sick, have the nurse call me and I will come back and pick you up from school.
    Bethany: I will be fine Sara, I really do feel better.

With that Sara watches Bethany run toward the school with her long brown hair blowing in the wind behind her as she running. She wishes Bethany would just walk because she not supposed to be run on her break right ankle. Once Bethany made it inside the school Sara pulls out of the school park lot and head to the supermarket. Bethany stops run once inside the school because her ankle has started to hurt really bad from run on it. She limps the rest of the way to her classroom and gets into the room right before the bell rings to start class. She set down in her desk, which is right next to her best friend Cassie. Bethany unzips her book bag and takes out her notebooks and textbooks. She puts the one she does not need right now in her test and take a piece of paper out of her spelling note for the spelling test.

Miss. Burns: Ok I read the word I want you to write on you test paper for me, Here i go. After., other, very, every, your, were, sure, once, busy, little, friend, would, could, should, people.

Bethany spelling test
    1. After
    2. other
    3. very
    4. every
    5. your
    6. were
    7. sure
    8. once
    9. busy
    10. little
    11. friend
    12. would
    13. could
    14. should
    15. people

Bethany finishes her test and turns the paper over and takes out her social study notes and start study for that test while she went for the rest of the class to finish taking their spelling test and is thinking to herself I know I get a 100% on my spelling test I know the words by heart. She pulls a tissue out of her jean pocket. Then blows her nose and at the sometime starts study the notes. Meanwhile, at the supermarket Sara is in the cold medicine ally looking at all the different types of clod medicine there is for children and cough drops. Because she knows that by tonight Bethany is going to feel awful and her throat will be really sore. She puts some Cherry flavor Halls into her basket and continues to look at the other products in that ally. She puts some Robitussin cough, cold and flu. She then starts shopping for groceries. As she shopping she, starts have a flashback to the week before Winter break in 1979. Eight year old Sara set in her desk in her third grade classroom trying to study focus on write sentences with her spelling words, but her eyes keep close on her. She know she needs to stay awaken she has already be yell out by her teacher Mrs. Dew several times that day for put her head down on her desk and going to sleep and the lunch lady even give her a speech about not wasted food after she thrown her lunch out without eat any of it, but she did not care. Which is normal not like her for her to do when she has a lunch to bring to school. She eats so fast she does not even taste it, but today her peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich look unappetizing. For the first time in her life she wants the school day to ended so she could go home and go to bed. When the bell to end the day rings at the end of spelling she throws all her unfinished schoolwork and textbooks into her book bag and runs out to the bus. Once on the bus she set down in the first seat and closes her eyes and goes to sleep. She knows that she in for a two-hour bus ride before gets home, because she the first person pick up in the morning and the last to be dropped off in the evening. The bus drive pulls up in front of Sara parent’s house and looks through her review mirror when Sara does not get up. She puts the bus in park, she stand up and walks over to Sara. She shakes her lightly on the shoulder. Sara open her eyes and looks around and finds she is on the school bus.

Amy (bus drive): Sara, I’m at you house now so you can get off the bus.
    Sara: Ah-Choo, sorry I fall asleep I have been tire all day.
    Amy: It ok Sara, you have a long bus ride, just head on inside and go to bed early tonight.
    Sara: I will thanks.

With that Sara grabs her book bag and stands up. She slower gets off the bus and walks up the sidewalk to the front door of the house. She unlocks the door and heads inside to see her dad passes out on the living room couch and her mom make dinner in the kitchen. :(

12. MacsGirlMel

I hope she gets better soon!

13. sarahSidle1981

Correct spelling and Grammar vision of Chapter Nine.

Chapter Nine: Should I take Bethany to the Doctor or wait to see if she better in a few days?
    Sara is set on the couch in the living room read a book and listens to Bethany coughing in her sleep. She had tries to get Bethany to take some children Tylenol to help reduce the fever and help ease her sore throat, but she would not take any. Sara falls a sleep on the couch read her book and does not wake up the rest of the night. The next morning Bethany comes limp out of her bedroom with Ali right behind her at 8:40 a.m. she limp over to the couch where Sara is sleep and wakes her up by shake her shoulder. Sara set up and looks at Bethany.

Bethany: (Sniffle and sound hoarse) Sara, I miss the school bus can you give me a ride to school?
    Sara: Bethany, you sound awful and still looking feverish I think you should stay home from school the rest of this week and I should make you a doctor appointment.
    Bethany: But Sara, I have a spell and social study, math today and Friday it’s my class holiday party I cannot miss this week . I feel a lot better and my throat does not hurt anymore.
    Sara: No, you can take make up test after winter break.
    Bethany: No, my teachers do not give make up tests.
    Sara: Fine I let you go to school for your tests today, but as far as Friday goes Bethany, Let wait to sees how you are feeling ok, see that it just a day of partying and no school work at all.
    Bethany: Coughs, Ok Sara.
    Sara: Give me a second to get changes and I will take you to school.

Two minutes later Bethany setting in the backseat of Sara light-blue Ford Focus on her way to school. Sara pulls up in front of Vegas Verdes elementary school and puts the car in park. And looks through the review mirror at Bethany. She has a feel Bethany was lying to her about feeling better and her throat not hurt her anymore, but did not say anything.

Bethany: Thanks Sara, you get me here right on time. I have to go, school going to start in a minute.
    Sara: Ok, Bethany. But if you start to feel really bad just go to the nurse and ask to come home sick and have the nurse call me. I will come pick you up from school.
    Bethany: I will be fine Sara, I really do feel better.

With that Sara watches Bethany run toward the school with her long brown hair blowing in the wind behind her as she running. She wishes Bethany would just walk because she not supposed to be run on her break right ankle. Once Bethany made it inside the school Sara pulls out of the school park lot and head to the supermarket. Bethany stops run once inside the school because her ankle has started to hurt really bad from run on it. She limps the rest of the way to her classroom and gets into the room right before the bell rings to start class. She set down in her desk, which is right next to her best friend Cassie. Bethany unzips her book bag and takes out her notebooks and textbooks. She puts the textbook and notebooks she does not need right now in her test and take a piece of paper out of her spelling notebook for the spelling test.

Miss. Burns: Ok I read the word I want you to write on you test paper for me, Here I go. After., other, very, every, your, were, sure, once, busy, little, friend, would, could, should, people.

Bethany spelling test
    1. After
    2. other
    3. very
    4. every
    5. your
    6. were
    7. sure
    8. once
    9. busy
    10. little
    11. friend
    12. would
    13. could
    14. should
    15. people

Bethany finishes her test and turns the paper over and takes out her social study notes and start study for that test while she went for the rest of the class to finish taking their spelling test and is thinking to herself I know I get a 100% on my spelling test I know the words by heart. She pulls a tissue out of her jean pocket. Then blows her nose and at the sometime starts study the notes. Meanwhile, at the supermarket Sara is in the cold medicine ally looking at all the different types of clod medicine there is for children and cough drops. Because she knows that by tonight Bethany is going to feel awful and her throat will be really sore. She puts some Cherry flavor Halls into her basket and continues to look at the other products in that ally. She puts some Robitussin cough, cold and flu into the basket. She then starts shopping for groceries. As she shopping she starts have a flashback to the week before Winter break in 1979. Eight -year- old Sara set at her desk in her third grade classroom. She is trying to stay focuses on write sentences use her spelling words, but her eyes keep close on her. She knows she needs to stay awake she has already been yelled out by her teacher Mrs. Dew several times that day for put her head down on her desk and going to sleep and the lunch lady even gave her a speech about not wasted food after she threw her lunch out without eat any of it, but she did not care. Which is normal not like her to do when she has a lunch to bring to school. She eats so fast she does not even taste it, but today her peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich looks unappetizing. For the first time in her, life she wants the school day to ended so she could go home and go to bed. When the bell to end the day rings at the end of spelling, she throws all her unfinished schoolwork and textbooks into her book bag and runs out to the bus. Once on the bus she sets down in the first seat and closes her eyes and goes to sleep. She knows that she in for a two-hour bus ride before getting home, because she the first person pick up in the morning and the last to be dropped off in the evening. The bus drive pulls up in front of Sara parent’s house and looks through her review mirror when Sara does not get up. She puts the bus in park, she stand up and walks over to Sara. She shakes her lightly on the shoulder. Sara open her eyes and looks around and finds she is on the school bus.

Amy (bus drive): Sara, I’m at you house now so you can get off the bus.
    Sara: Ah-Choo, sorry I fall asleep I have been tire all day.
    Amy: Its ok Sara, you have a long bus ride. Just head on inside and go to bed early tonight.
    Sara: I will thanks.

With that Sara grabs her book bag and stands up. She slower gets off the bus and walks up the sidewalk to the front door of the house. She unlocks the door and heads inside to see her dad passes out on the living room couch and her mom make dinner in the kitchen.

14. MacsGirlMel

That looks like what you posted before

15. sarahSidle1981

* made up the local of the school nurse station, I have no idea where the nruse station is really at in Vegas Verder Elementary school.

Chapter Ten: Bethany first visit to the school nurse!
    Sara takes her jacket off and hangs her jacket on the coat rack, then takes her shoes off. She tiptoes over to the staircase, as not to wake her dad up. She stops and leans up against the wall when she reaches the staircase. She is all congested and is short of breath. After a few second she tiptoe the rest of the way upstairs. She opens her bedroom door and set her book bag in her room. She then slower walks into the bathroom and closes the door behind her . She open the medicine cabinet and pulls out the glass thermometer. She shakes it until it read below 95.9 degrees, then puts the glass thermometer in her mouth and under her tongue . She set down on the edges of the tub. After three minutes she takes the thermometer out of her month and sees she has a fever of 102.9 degrees Fahrenheit. No wonder I feel so exhausts and can’t seem to stay awake. Stands up and clean the thermometer and puts back away, then heads into her bedroom. She closes her bedroom door then changes into her black nightshirt and black shorts. She has just lay down on her bed when someone knocks on her bedroom door.

Sara: Coughs, What?
    Mrs. Sidle: It’s time for dinner!
    Sara: (Clear her throat) I do not have appetite, and I’m exhaust can I, Ah-Choo, skip dinner to night?
    Mrs. Sidle: No, you know your dad rules you have to come to dinner every night in less you have the stomach flu and can’t keep anything down.
    Sara: But I do not feel good Mom!
    Mrs. Sidle: Sara, you do not want to make you dad mad, you know how he get when he is mad and he already grump.
    Sara: ( Started to sound hoarse) Fine, I will be down in a few minutes.
    Mrs. Sidle: Ok, baby.

Sara sets up in bed and rubs her eyes before stands up. She slower walks toward her door and opens up. She starts to walk downstairs, but she turns around and walks into the bathroom and grabs a box of tissues from under the sink. She then heads downstairs and walks into the kitchen. She takes a set at the table and set the box of tissue down next to her, she grabs a tissue and blows her nose . No soon then she has set down and started blowing her nose.

Mr. Sidle: Sara do you know who a talk today at 3: 17p.m. ?
    Sara: Coughs, no!
    Mr. Sidle: Your Teacher Mrs. Dew, she call and tell me that you do not get any schoolwork down today. She also told me that you keep put your head down on your desk and fall to sleep. You know that school is a place to learn not to sleep! After dinner you are to go upstairs and finish all the schoolwork before you can go to bed.
    Sara: I do not feel goos and I have a fever of 102.9.
    Mr. Sidle: I do not care, your teacher also told me that the lunch lady sent her a note say you threw your food out, without even touch it. I’m not made out of money and I do not buy the food for you to take to school then wasted it by throw away. If you are not going to eat your lunch. Don’t take a lunch to school.
    Sara: I could not eat the peanut butter and grape jelly, coughs, sandwich my throat hurt to much and the sandwich look unappetizing.
    Mr. Sidle: Stop play with you food and eat you dinner Sara!
    Sara: (Crying) I can’t it hurt to swallow

Mrs. Sidle, stands up. She then walks over to her daughter and feels her forehead. She then take Sara right head and Sara grabs the box of tissue with her left hand and the two of them head upstairs to Sara bedroom. Sara set down on her bed and rest her head against the headboard of her bed.

Mrs. Sidle: Baby, what else is wrong beside the fever and not be able to swallow because it hurts too much?
    Sara: I am ache all over, my nose is all stuffed up. Mom can you take a look at my throat it’s really bother me a lot?
    Mrs. Sidle: Sure Sara.

Sara up her mouth and her mom takes a look inside her mouth and at her daughter throat. She sees that Sara tonsils are swelling and has white spots on them. She then feels her daughter neck to found that her lymph is also swelling.

Sara: What wrong mom?
    Mrs. Sidle: Your Tonsils are swelling and have white spots on them and your lymph are also swell.
    Sara: Coughs, can I go to bed Mom, I will finish my schoolwork when I feel better?
    Mrs. Sidle: Sure, baby, you can go to bed.

Sara lays down and gets under the covers. She close her eyes and falls asleep right away. Her mom walks towards Sara’s bedroom door. Mrs. Sidle looks at her daughter one last time before leave the room. Mrs. Sidle close her daughter bedroom door behind her and heads back downstairs to deal with her husband. Sara is brought back to present time when a fellow shopper drops a glass jelly jar and it makes a loud creak sound as it hits the floor and breaks. Meanwhile, an hour and half later Bethany has finish take her social study tests and is half way through taking her math test, when she starts having a cough fit. Her teacher Miss. Korn walks over to her and kneels down next to Bethany desks and looks at her with a concern look on her face.

Miss. Korn: Bethany, are you feel ok?
    Bethany:( Coughing and voice sounds hoarse.) Yeah, my throat just dry is all, coughs. Can I go get a drink of water, coughing?
    Miss. Korn: Sure Bethany.

Bethany stands up and starts coughing again. She slower walks out of the classroom and closes the door behind her. As soon as she is clear of the window that in the door of her classroom. She starts rubbing her throat with her right hand and cover her mouth with her left hand because she is still coughing. She gets to the drinking fountain and takes a long drink of water. Which does make her throat feel a little less sore, but it still hurts. She slower walks back to the classroom and takes a set at her desk and starts take her math test again. It takes her the rest of math class to finish the test. When the bell rings. Bethany gets up with the rest of her class and head to the lunchroom, because it is lunch time. Bethany set down at her normal table she set with Cassie and lays her head down on the table and close her eyes. Cassie came back from buying her lunch and set down next to Bethany, who has started to cough again and is starting to look really flush.

Cassie: Bethany, you not look to good, maybe you should go see the school nurse!
    Bethany: (hoarse) I fine Cassie, Ah-Choo

Bethany pulls a tissue out of her jean pocket and starts blowing her nose and Cassie gives a concern look, the rise her hand and the lunch lady walk over to her.

Suzie Green (Lunchroom lady and Cassie mom): Yes Cassie?
    Cassie: I think my friend Bethany needs to see the nurse she keep cough and sneeze and her voice sounds really scratchy when she talks and she very flush looking.

Suzie Green takes a close look at Bethany who has lay her head back down on the table and close her eyes again. She see that Bethany does look really flush, so she puts her right hand on Bethany forehead and finds Bethany is burn up.

Suzie Green: Bethany Maybell, I am writing a note for you to go see the nurse.
    Bethany: Ah-Choo, I do not need to see the nurse I’m feel fine.
    Suzie Green: You are going to go see the nurse you are run a fever.
    Bethany: Fine, but I do not know where the nurse station is.
    Suzie Green: Cassie will you go with Bethany and shower her where the nurse station is?
    Cassie: Sure, Mom.

Cassie and Bethany stand up from the lunch table, Bethany picks up her book bag which she brings with her just incase the lunchroom lady made her go see the nurse. Then Cassie and her walk out of the lunchroom. They walk to the very end of the hallway and turn right then walk to the first hallway in the build and turn left and walk to the very end of the hallway. The two girls walk into the last room on the left-hand side. Cassie looks at Bethany as she hands the nurse the note from the Lunchroom lady had give for the nurse. The nurse takes the note from Bethany and unfolds the piece of paper it write on and starts read the note.

Caisse: I am going to go back to the lunchroom and finish eating my lunch Bethany.
    Bethany: (sniffling) Ok

Cassie walks out of the room and Bethany takes a set on one of the recovery couch. The nurse walks over to Bethany and put the ear thermometer in her ears. When it beeps, she takes out of Bethany ear and write down what the thermometer say on the forum she has to fill out that state why the student come to see the nurse.

Nurse Pen: You have a fever of 103.9 Bethany. What other symptoms do you have Bethany?
    Bethany: My throat is really sore, stuffed up nose, ache all over and I’m really cold.
    Nurse Pen: I need to take a look in you mouth can you open your mouth for me.
    Bethany: Sure

Nurse Pen, takes out her penlight and shines the penlight into Bethany mouth and find that her tonsils are swelling and have white spots on them. Her throat is also bright red. Nurse Pen, write down what Bethany throat looks like. She then feels Bethany neck and find her Lymph are swelling too. She note that on her forum then looks at Bethany.

Bethany: Can I go back to class now Nurse Pen?
    Nurse Pen: No, Bethany I have to call Sara Sidle and have her come pick you up. You are to sick to be in school.
    Bethany: Ok, Can I lay down then?
    Nurse Pen: Sure

Bethany lays down on the recover couch and Nurse Pen walks over to her desk and takes a set in her desk chair. She then open up her desk drawer and pulls out the emergency contact forum for Bethany Maybell. She then dials Sara apartment number get the answering machine so she try Sara cellphone next. :p