Can I ever put my past behind me

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by sarahSidle1981, Jul 24, 2007.

1. sarahSidle1981

sarahSidle1981 Lab Technician

* Takes place doing season four.

Chapter One: Wish it was Friday
    Sara alarm clock start buzzes in her ears again, she hits the alarm clock snoozes buttoning for the fifth time in a roll. She knows if she does not get up soon she is going to be late for work, but does not care. She lays in bed for another five minutes to getting out of bed. She pulls on a pair of jeans and rubs some deodorant on her underarms then pulls a T-shirt on over her head. She then stumbles out of her bedroom and into the bathroom. Once in the bathroom she slow brush her hair and then pulls it into a ponytail. Sarah gets her toothbrush out and put some toothpaste on it then brush her tooth. When she finishes in the bathroom she walks over to the window and looks outside and sees that it pouring rain. As she looking out the window, she wishes today was her day off and not Friday. She grabs her purse and keys and heads out to her car and leaves for work.
    Sarah pulls her car into the park lot of the crime lab right as a crime lab SUV with Warrick in the drive seat pulls out. She see that Warrick is alone which means it a busy night and she is twenty minutes late for work on Monday, December 1, 2003. She parks her car and heads into the crime lab. The first place she heads to is the break room to see if Gil Grissom was still in there, but the one in the break room was Greg. He had just finish making a pot of his Blue Hawaii coffee.

Sara: Yo, Greg be a doll and pour me a cup of coffee?
    Greg: Sure Sara, but I put it in to a cup with a lid because Grissom looking for you.
    Sarah: That fine Greg.

Greg pours Sara a cup of coffee and puts the lid on the cup. He has just hand Sara the cup when Grissom walks into the break room and taps Sara on the shoulder. She turns around and looks at Gil Grissom in the eyes.

Gil: Sara you are over twenty minutes late for work, why are you late?
    Sara: I’m so sorry Grissom . I over sleep it won’t happen again.
    Gil: It better not. Nick show you come into the lab, you and Nick are work on a 420- homicide At the Palms. Nick meet you out at the SUV. I have to go meet Warrick at the crime scene we are work on together.
    Sara: Ok, Grissom.
    Gil: I also need you cases paperwork by the end of shift see that you case paperwork is also late they were due at the end of last Friday shift.
    Sara: Sorry, I have them to you by the end of shift tomorrow morning.

As she walks towards the locker room to grab her crime scene kit and a jacket out of her locker. She thinks to herself great tonight is going to suck and I am getting a really bad headache too.

2. Lizn8rFoxy

Lizn8rFoxy Lab Technician

Sara is not having a good day so far... keep going!!

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

hmm interested to see where this goes.

4. sarahSidle1981

Chapter Two: The never ended shift part one
    Sara gets to the locker room and set her cup of coffee down on the bench and unlock her locker. She set her purse down inside of her locker and starts looking through it to find some Tylenol, but does not have any. Just then Catherine comes into the locker room and is all smile as she gets into her locker.

Catherine: Sara, you need to get a move on Nick is wait for you!
    Sara: Cath. Do you have any extra strength Tylenol, because I have a splitting headache?
    Catherine: Sure Sara here you go. ( Hands Sara the Tylenol.) And thanks again for picking up Lindsey from school Wednesday when she had to go home sick. Then watching her on Thursday and Friday seen that I had to testify in court on cases on work on all three days.
    Sara: (Swallows the Tylenol) No problem Cath. We just watch tv and Lindsey and I take each take parts of Romeo and Joliet and read out loud the sections she had to read for English class. She also sleep some. How Lindsey feeling?
    Catherine: A lot better. I need to get going to P.D. to interview the rapist from the case we work on this weekend together.
    Sara: I want to do that Cath!
    Catherine: If you did not run late maybe Grissom would of let you do the interview.
    Sara: Great he making me star a new case as punishment for being late. He knows I hate starting new cases before I close the one I’m work on.

With that Catherine walks out of the locker room Sara puts her black forensic jacket on. She then grabs her purse, kit and coffee. She then heads outside to meet Nick in the park lot. When Nick sees Sara’s walk towards the SUV, he jumps out of the SUV and takes her and puts it in the backseat, while Nick doing this Sara gets into the passenger seat and puts her seatbelt on. Nick close the backseat door and walks over to the drive seat. As he get behind the wheel he thinks Sara’s never lets anyone else drive, she had being a passenger, this is so unlike her . Nick starts the SUV up and back out of the park space. Then pulls out of the park lot. Then heads towards the palms.

Nick: Sara, you know Brass is going to be so mad at the two of us for taking so long to get to the crime scene. I don’t want to sound like I’m lectures’ you, but it not very professions of you to run twenty minutes late for work. Plus by run late you have given the killer more time to get out of town.
    Sara: Nick, don’t even think of about continue this speech I’m in no mood to hear it. Grissom already told me not to me late again and yelling at me for not getting my cases paperwork in at the end of shift Friday.
    Nick: Sara, are you ok, you keep rubbing your head?
    Sara: I just have a headache, but I the Tylenol I take should kick in soon and I will be fine. But can we not talk the rest of the way to the crime scene?
    Nick: Yeah, that fine Sara.
    Neither Nick nor Sara talks the rest of the way to the crime scene. Sara leans her seat back and closes her eyes for the rest of the ride. Nick pulls the SUV into the park lot of the Palms and parks behind Jim Brass Car. The first thing Sara sees when she opens her eyes is Jim Brass stare at her through the passenger window of the SUV.

5. MacsGirlMel

ack I wanna know what's wrong with her

6. Lizn8rFoxy

same ^^^!! update soon! :)

7. cherryxoxoxo7

cherryxoxoxo7 Hit and Run

yes yes PLEASE update soon!!!

8. sarahSidle1981

Chapter Three: The never ended shift part two
    Sara turns her head towards Nick and at the sometime reaches into the backseat and grabs her kit. At the sometime Jim Brass opens up the passenger door. Sara and Nick knows by the look on Brass face he is mad at them for being late.

Nick: I was I time for work. It all Sara faulted we take so long to get here. She was twenty minutes late for work.
    Sara: You could of went on ahead without me, I could of meet you at the soon Nick.
    Jim: Sara you a crime scene investigate. When you are late for work not only does it make you look bad, it makes the LVPD and Las Vegas crime lab look bad too. I never would of thought I’ll have to give you a speech about run on time for work seeing that your job is your life. When i called Grissom to see what was take you and Nick so long to get here and Grissom told me you that you oversleep, that why you are late. It made me very mad at you Sara, because oversleep is very un-profession. Never run late again.
    Sara: Fine, I won’t Brass.

With that Sara gets out of the SUV and so does Nick. The two of them fellow Brass up to the penthouse one. Jim Brass opens up the penthouse door and both Sara and Nick takes a look around the scene . The first thing Sara sees is a scary little girl of about eight years old set in the corner with her knees up to her chest and her arms wrap around them and she is rocking back and forth.

Sara: Brass did the girl see what happened?
    Jim: Yeah, Bethany show and hear her father argument and beat her mom up before shoot five time in the heart.
    Sara: I’m going to go try and see if I can get Bethany to talk to me. Nick will you start process the scene?
    Nick: Sure

Sara walks over to were Bethany is setting and set down next to her on the floor. Bethany turns her head and looks over at the young brown hair women that set down next to her.

Bethany: What your name?
    Sarah: My name is Sara Sidle I work for the Las Vegas crime lab. How about the two of us go outside and talk.
    Bethany: Ok, Sara

Sara and Bethany both stand up and heads out of the penthouse. The two of them take the elevator to the first floor and the two of them go outside and set down on the bench in front of the palms. Both of them stare at the night time skyline of Las Vegas.

Sara: Bethany, I need you to tell me everything you show and hear tonight and I’m going to write down what you tell me.
    Bethany: I was supposed to be in bed, but I head to use the bathroom so I get out of bed and walkout of my room. I had just reaches the bathroom door when I hear and show my mom and dad fight again.
    Sara: What were their fighting about?
    Bethany: everything, I’ll start from the first thing, which was my mom went off at my dad for drinking to much again. My dad then call my mom a lie and throw her up against the wall and start kick her several time before pull out his gun. My mom started yell at him to put the gun away, but he, but he would not listen to her and shoot her five times . I stay where I was till I know he was gone and not come back. I start to run over to her, but stops when on seen the huge pool of blood. I called 911 myself. Then went and set down in the corner where you find me.
    Sara: You did the right thing by calling 911. Bethany how old are you?
    Bethany: I turn nine years old today.

Just then the social work walks up to Bethany and Sara. She stops and kneels down in front of Bethany.

Mrs. Hope: Hi Bethany, I am Mrs. Hope I am going to take you, to where you be staying to I can get a hold of you mom sister Amy Yark. Are you done talking to Bethany Miss. Sidle?
    Sara: Yeah
    Mrs. Hope: Ok, let fo Bethany.
    Bethany: (Tears running down her face) Ok, Nice to meet you Sara Sidle. You are going to find my dad and put him in jail for killing my mom right?
    Sara: Ye Bethany
    Bethany: Good

Bethany takes Mrs. Hope hand and the two of them walk over to Mrs. Hopes Suv. Sara set on the bench and watches Mrs. Hope open up backseat door of her SUV for Bethany and then watches Mrs. Hope walk get into the diver seat. Just as she thinking about getting up and head back to help Nick process the scene she start having menstrual cramps. She thinks to herself great when just when I thought tonight could not get any worst. Just then she sees David walk towards the entrance. She stands up and walks over to him.

David: Hi Sara
    Sara: Hi David, You head up to the crime scene?
    David: Yeah
    Sara: Can you tell Nick I will be up to help him up to help him in fifteen to twenty minutes I have to go down the street to the drug store and pick up some tampon and pad. I just store my period.
    David: No problem Sara.

Sara goes and gets into the SUV and drives down the street to the drug store and David heads up to the penthouse one, where the crime happened at. Nick looks up and sees David walking into the main room. But Sara has not come back yet and he know that Mrs. Hope has already left with Bethany.

Nick: David, have you seen Sara around?
    David: Yeah, I have she told me to let you know she be up to help you in fifteen to twenty minutes she had to run down the street to the drug store to buy some tampon and pad really fast. Her monthly start right as she finishes interview Bethany.
    Nick: Thanks for let me know.

David kneels down next to the victim body and take it temperature.

Nick: How long has she been dead for?
    David: For two and half hours.
    Nick: Thanks David, I already take the picture of her at the scene so you can take the body back to the lab. Tell Dr. Robbins to go head and collect the evidence off the body and to remove the bullet and see them to the departments in the lab they need to go to.
    David: Ok, I let Dr. Robbins know that Nick.

Meanwhile, Sara has finish buy the tampon and pad and has use the restroom at the store. She is now on her way to the palms to help Nick finish process the crime scene. Even through she feels awful. The Tylenol has not help her headache and she now has really bad cramps now too. Could tonight get any worst?

9. Lizn8rFoxy

poor sara... she needs to have something good happen! keep it going :D

10. MacsGirlMel

ugh I hope she gets better. *is glad she doesn't get cramps that bad*

11. sarahSidle1981

Chapter Four: Will This Shift Every Ended
    Sara gets back to the palms and head straight up to the penthouse one. Brass gives her an evil look as soon as she walks through the door.

Sara: What Brass?
    Jim: Sara, If you where due to start your monthly you should of had tampons and pads in your purse, so you would not have to run to the store to buy them when you are supposed to be work a crime scene!
    Sara: Too start with I start a week early which never has happened before, so I had no reason to think I would need any tampons or Pads Brass!
    Jim: Fine, but get to work now!
    Sara: Fine
    Sara puts on a pair of latex gloves and gets to work dusty for fingerprints, because Nick’s has not got a chance to dust for print yet. Once she was done dust for print. She help Nick search for the gun to see if Mr. Maybell left it any where in the penthouse, but after two and half hours, but both Sara and Nick come up empty hand. So Nick’s and Sara put the evidence and put it into evidence bags. Nick’s head down to the SUV and puts the evidence into the back of the SUV. While, Sara’s seal the door of the penthouse up and puts a label on the door that says crime scenes do not entry. She walks towards the elevator and push the button for the main floor.
    When Nick and Sara get back to the lab their check the evidence into the evidence room. Nick takes the trace evidences to the trace lab and Sara takes the DNA evidences to the DNA lab for Greg to run. Sara does not stay around to talk to Greg she just hands him the evidence that needs run. She then walks out of the DNA lab and heads to the break room. She gets to the break room and gets a cup of coffee, then takes a set at the table and starts working on her late cases paperwork. Sara lost track of the time while she working on her case paperwork . She does not even hear Nick, Greg or Mia come into the break room and walk up next to her.

Nick: Sara, both Greg and Mia have some results for us.
    Sara: (Looks up.) Greg what do you have for us?
    Greg: The blood swabs you give me to run against a sample of the victim blood, all the twenty swabs that you give me matches Mrs. Maybell the victim .
    Sara: Anything else for us Greg?
    Greg: No, that it.
    Nick: Mia, what do you have for us?
    Mia: The black stuff in the victim right hand was black glass. It matches the wine bottle that also black glass. That all I have for the two of us.
    Sara and Nick: Thanks Mia and Greg.

Just then Bobby Dawson walks into the break room and over to Sara, Nick, Greg and Mia.

Bobby: The gun that Mr. Maybell used was a Sig 9mm.
    Sara: Thanks Bobby.
    Bobby: I have to get back to work I see y’all around.

With that Greg, Mia and Bobby walk out of the break room and heads back to their labs.

Sara: Nick has Brass or patrol office had any luck finding Mr. Maybell?
    Nick: No, it like he vanishes into thin air. I’m head over to the print lab now.
    Sara: Ok, Nick

Sara looks at her watch and sees that there is only an hour left of the shift and gets back to work on the cases paperwork she needs to get done before the end of shift. She just sign her name on the last form when Gil, Ecklie and Sofia Curtis walk into the break room and walk over to her.

Gil: Is you cases paperwork done?
    Sara: Yeah, here Grissom
    Gil: (Takes the paperwork from Sara.) Sara you are pull a double shift today you are work with Sofia on a 420-Homicide/ 426-Sexual Assault.
    Sara: What the victim name or names?
    Ecklie: Amy York was killed and a Bethany Maybell was raped. Sara and Sofia I need both of you to the crime scene. Then I need Sara to take Bethany to the hospital to have SAFE kit done. A social work going to meet you at the hospital. Take two SUV and Sara after you have the SAFE kit, the clothing Bethany was wear and the photos of any bruise head back to the scene and help Sofia process it.
    Sara: Will do, Ecklie.

Sara and Sofia go and grab their kits then head out to the SUV. Sara and Sofia both get into one and head out to the crime scene at Amy York house. As Sara drive to the scene all she could think about was did Mr. Maybell go over to Miss York house and shoot her then sexual assert his own daughter, before take off. She was not up to work another shift, but when she hear Bethany name, Sara knew she need to be there for Bethany and to put her dad behind bars for committing these three crimes. Sara pull the SUV she drive into the Miss. York drive way behind Sofia. Sara put the SUV into park. She then turns the SUV off. She gets out of the SUV and start walk towards Bethany who is setting on the porch steps stare at the road. She sees Bethany wear a shirt that at lest a 2-x in women as a night shirt and that there are bruise up and down her arms and legs. Sofia walks up to Sara.

Sofia: The girl so young and to lose her mom last night. Then to see her aunt kill the next morning by her father and then he rapes her. No nine-year-old should have to go through that.
    Sarah: I know and yesterday was her ninth birthday.
    Sofia: That a awful thing to have to see on your birthday. Do you want me to take Bethany to the hospital.
    Sara: No, I get it beside Bethany already meet me last night.

Detective Lockwood walks over to Sara and Sofia and both of them can tell by the look on his face this case is make him sad and is hard on him, because his daughter turn nine yesterday too.

Detective Lockwood: Bethany come here.

Bethany runs over to Sara and stops in front of her. Sara looks at Bethany and sees she has being crying. Sara knows and understands what Bethany just went through and how she is feeling. Bethany takes Sara left hand.

Sara: You are come with me. I have to take you to the hospital to have a nurse do a SAFE kit.
    Bethany: What that?
    Sara: A nurse is going to colleted the evidence you father left behind on your private parts and take photos of any bruise you have.
    Bethany: That what I thought.

The ride to North Las Vegas hospital was quiet Sara nor Bethany talked the whole drive. Bethany leans her head up against the passenger side window. She close her eyes and falls to sleep and start dreaming about what her father did to her. Sara was think about her ninth birthday and how her father miss her birthday party and when he come home that night he was drunk and in a bad mood. He open up Sara bedroom door and walks over to Sara bed and pull his pants off then make Sara have sex with him. She has just pull into the hospital ER park lot when Bethany screaming make Sara stop think about her childhood. She parks the SUV and opens up the backseat passenger door on the drive side and take a set next to Bethany. And lightly shakes her.

Sara: Bethany, it me Sara wake up you are safe now. Your dad can’t hurt you when you are with me.
    Bethany: Sara, it was so scary. Why would my dad do that to me? Doesn’t he love me?
    Sara: I don’t know Bethany? I don’t think men that rape girls and women are there in the head. I’m sure your dad love you though.
    Bethany: Let go get this over with Sara.
    Sara: Ok

Sara and Bethany get out of the SUV and head into the ER. Both of them walk up to the check in desk and Sara show the nurse her Las Vegas crime lab I.D.

Nurse Peach: Yes Miss Sidle, what can I do for you today?
    Sara: I need a nurse to do a SAFE kit and take photos of any bruise on her body.
    Nurse Peach: Ok, go take a set in the ER wait room and I will go get a examine room ready.
    Sara: Ok

12. MacsGirlMel

oooh yikes, I do hope they catch him.

13. sarahSidle1981

Chapter Five: A break in the Maybell case
    Sara and Bethany has only been wait for two minutes when Nurse Peach, walks over to the couch that the two of them are setting on.

Nurse Peach: Ok, Bethany I am going to take you back to examine room number three and have you put on a hospital gown. Miss. Sidle do you want me to put her nightshirt in a bag for you?
    Sara: Yes please.
    Bethany: Can Sara come back with me?
    Nurse Peach: No, but as soon as I’m done I come out here and let her know she can come back and set with you till the social gets here, which could be a while see that there is a problem at the social service build.
    Sara: Ok, I see you when the nurse is done with takes the pictures of the bruise and does the SAFE kit.
    Bethany: Ok see you in a little bit Sara.

Sarah watch Bethany and Nurse Peach go through the doors that separate the ER wait room from the ER. She then lays down on the couch she is setting on and close her eyes and tries to forget about the fact she still has a splitting headache. Just then her cellphone starts ringing. Sara grabs her cellphone off the hook on her hip and flips it open, but does not set up or open her eyes .

Sara: Sidle here
    Detective Lockwood: Sara, Sofia is going to come pick up the SAFE Kit, film and the girl nightshirt. I need you to stay with Bethany at the hospital, because Mr. Maybell has the social service office hold hostage.
    Sara: That not good.
    Detective Lockwood: The S.W.A.T. unit is try to talk him down, but he has yet to even pick up the phone. I will call you when I have more info for you.
    Sara: Ok, I’ll talk to you then.

Sara flips her cellphone closes and put back on the cellphone hook on her hip. She is not happy that Mr. Maybell has the social service office hostage, but at lest S.W.A.T. and police have him corner. Sarah falls to sleep about five minutes after she hangs up from talk to Lockwood, So she does not hear nurse Peach or Sofia when they both walk in front of the couch she is laying on. Sofia lightly shakes Sara.

Nurse Peach: Sara I have the SAFE kit, the film and the girl bag nightshirt.
    Sara: Hand them to Sofia she is taken them back to the lab.
    Nurse Peach: Bethany went for you to come back, she want you in the room when DR. Shape come to look at her left wrist and right ankle, because they are both really painful and she start crying when I touch her left wrist or right ankle.

Nurse Peach show Sara to the room Bethany is in then goes back to work. When Sara walks into the room she sees that Bethany has went to sleep so she takes a set in the chair next to the hospital bed. She takes a closes look at the girls left wrist and right ankle and see that both of them are really swollen. Dr. Shape comes into the room with a portable X-ray machine and takes films of Bethany Left wrist and right ankle. When he finishes takes the films he takes the portable X-ray machine out of the room and goes to have the x-ray developed. After a half hour Dr. Shape comes back into the room with supplies to casted Bethany left wrist and right ankle. Sara wakes Bethany up and the first thing Bethany does is smile really big at Sara, she then see the doctor is in the room.

Dr. Shape: Bethany, What color of casted do you want?
    Bethany: Do you have Neon Pink and Neon purple?
    Dr. Shape: Yes I do.
    Bethany: I want Neon pink for the wrist casted and neon purple for the ankle casted.
    Dr. Shape: Ok, I am going to casted the ankle first because it takes long to dry, then I casted your wrist. Its going to hurt, so Sara will you hold her right hand and talk as I put the cast on?
    Sara: Sure.

It take Dr. Shape a hour to put the casted on Bethany ankle and a half hour to casted her wrist. Just after the doctor leave the room a social work walk into the room. Sara is surprise to sees it her best friend from elementary school through high school Katie.

Katie: Sara Sidle can I talk with you out in the hallway.
    Sara: Sure

Sara and Katie walk out into the hallway and Sara close the door behind.

Katie: Nice to see you again Sara, how have you been?
    Sarah: Really good. How have you been doing? I see you are marry now and pregnant.
    Katie: I doing great, yeah I have twin girls I just end my forth month. I just move to Las Vegas with my husband Ross Jade who get a Job as chief of surgery in this hospital.
    Sara: So I take Mr. Maybell behind bars now?
    Katie: No, Brass shoot and kill him after he pulled a gun out and killed S.W.A.T. Rob Frog. So has Bethany?
    Sara: Ok for what she been through since last night. She has been raped by her father and he break her left wrist and right ankle.
    Katie: Can you take Bethany in as a fostered child?
    Sara: Won’t the fact I work night be a problem?
    Katie: No, I already talk to your co-work Catherine Willows and she tell me her mom would be happy to watch Bethany when you are at work.
    Sara: Sure I’ll be her fostered parent.
    Katie: Let go talk to Bethany then and have her change into the clothing i bring her.

To Sara and Katie surprise Bethany take the news of her father death really well. Bethany was also happy that she gets to live with Sara, since she does not have any other family member to raise her. She also knows she be save live with Sara. After the Dr. Shape release Bethany. The two of them swing by the crime Lab so Sara can clock out. Then they go out for a late lunch.

14. MacsGirlMel

I forgot, how is she related to Sara? And I thought they adopted her...

15. sarahSidle1981

She not relation to Sara, they just do not have any other place for her. you think of Caitlin from longest months of Sarah Sidle life. and Caitlin is Sarah niece.