Calleigh & Ryan #6: Setting Laptops On Fire - CaRWash

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by _Calleigh_, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

[​IMG]
    Wow... so this is my first post in Miami territory.

And I must say, this thread's been moving slower than a turtle in molasses (I've always wanted to use that line :lol:).
    I lurked around here occasionally and I've decided to post because there's been an air of gloom ever since the season finale. To do a cross-ship comparison: if the Greg/Sara shippers can overlook Sara being in a relationship with Grissom, surely Calleigh and Ryan can get past this little hurdle. Too many triangles can get anyone down, but from what I've seen, CSI:Miami is melodramatic and the characters switch partners more than square dancers! (that line I got from another show :p)

So I guess now's the part where I say why I like this couple...
    Well it's kind of hard for me to explain. Different little things, I guess. They look cute together and I liked their interaction in season 3 (your season 3 was our season 5 ;)) and season 4. While I'm not a full blown shipper yet (honestly Ryan can sometimes be kind of a jerk), I have been smiling over the CPOTD and I've been watching CaRWash music videos (one particular video stays in my mind, it was really fantastic and whenever I got mad at the young Wolfe, I would watch him in this video and I forgave him. [​IMG]. It was a music video by Gnimaerd. the song was "Who Am I" by Will Young. I think most of you may be familiar with it; in fact I think one of you made a lovely banner with a lyric from that song. Must look that up...)

Anyway, glad to be here and post here. You all seem really nice. And I know some of you from the sandle thread so... hi everyone! [​IMG]

BTW: I think it's _Calleigh_'s birthday today, so I'll wish her a Happy Birthday! :)

2. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Hi Hestia. Welcome to our lovely little fireplace. Where we sit down with hot cocoa and a good story, such as Carla's itd, and Nikki's HIWTHI.

Season 3 had its various moment, albeit mostly angsty, and Seaon 4 is where we get the juicy glances, touches, smiles, etc. :) The good old days. *sigh* But you are right. They do tend to jump ships (no pun intended) quite often. So who know's what we might see in the season premiere of Season 6.

Psst. Carla... I wrote it. Here's the link. I hope you and everyone else likes it. I wrote it quite late, so it might be edited in the morning.

Happy Birthday _Calleigh_!

3. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Good story Heather. I joined the community.

Uh, talking about writing...when I said I was going to write a new chapter for HIWTHI I didn't know that I, in fact, was writing the LAST chapter of HIWTHI. :eek: Yes people, I officially finished my first posted multichap! For all of you: here it is!. Thanks for all the support you guys gave me, and there will definitely be more. In fact, I already have a bunch of new ideas now I'm free from this story (which, don't get me wrong, I loved.)

Hestia, you finally posted! YAY for you. Aren't they so perfect? ;)

Yes it's Luna's birthday, and although I'm not sure if she still reads here I just want to say this to her: Hun, you're truly the one and only CaRWash goddess. Your writing is wonderful, your quotes are always accurate and your wicked mind makes my day. You haven't posted here in a while but know we haven't forgotten about you. As you can see, we're keeping the CaRWash thread alive, and I hope you will be here again soon to join us. I miss you and I love you. Happy 20th birthday. *hugs* :)

Which reminds me, last week I was a member on this board for a whole year. Onto another year I say! (besides, it's my bd in 8 days too :p)

CaRWash Pic Of The Day:
    (From Collision: for Lunsie)

[​IMG]

4. aimsavol

aimsavol Witness

Everyone should run, yes, run, and read Nikki's story! *giddy claps* There's nothing like a CaRWash fic to brighten up a dreary day!

carla, Thanks for the poke. My creative juices are finally flowing again, and I'm getting back to writing. We're going to be out of town for a couple of days for a mini-vacation, so I'm going to take a notebook with me to work on stories while we're gone. Does anyone else work better in longhand than at the computer?

I love that picture from "Collision!" I need to write a one-shot about what happens after that scene. It's been on my mind forever. *adds idea to list* Hopefully when I get back from vacation I'll have a little something ready to post!

5. HellsBells

Nikki! Congrats on finishing your story. I know how hard it is to do so. ;) It was awesome, and my stories pale in comparasion.

But thank you for the lovely compliment about First Day Back. ;)

I love that picture too. The thoughts that are running through their heads, really makes me wish that they had thought bubbles on the show every once in a while.

6. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Thanks guys, you rock. aimsavol, when I didn't have my laptop yet I used to write on a notebook, but when I have my laptop on hand I'd rather write on there. I found out that when I don't need to kill my wrist writing sentences, the ideas come to me a lot sooner. But I can still use a notebook when my laptop's not around.

Hey now Heather, no one's stories pale in comparasion. Everyone has their own way of writing, and they're all just as good, it's just a matter of taste. Besides, I've been writing CSI for about 3 years now, and you do not want to read one of my first stories. I still have them, but I don't dare to look at them :p They're so bad.

I've got a few post episode fics I want to write, and another multichap, but I might take a head start on that one before I post it. Wait and see, I guess.

And since this is the CaRWash thread, and not the CaRWash writing thread, I think it's time for a nice discussion.

What do you want to see in season 6?
    But wait! Don't answer that yet. There's a few things that I need to add. I want to know what you want to see, but also what we COULD see. So something that can really happen. That means no steamy (censored) because of the PG-13, and no marriage because that ain't gonna happen on the show anytime soon. (I sure as hell hope :eek:) So, when you think of what could happen on the show, what would you want to see next season? I will give my answer after a few of yours.

7. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Welcome to the CaRWash thread, Hestia! Nice to see you here ;)

I already read Nikki's end for HIWTHI, and what can I really say more? It's just amazing :) I wrote her a review in the meantime, so she knows this already, but I thought I let you all know my opinion, anyway.

In the other hand, and while there are no new episodes of Miami airing in the USA, I just watched "Going Under". The classic "I'm glad you're OK." "Thanks babe"(or something like this) is so simple yet it fits them so perfectly :rolleyes: Not said in a 'love' way, it shows that he cares for her, and obviously friendship is the base of any love relation, so they're already in the right way :p And I just loved the way she caled him "babe" :rolleyes: Oh, yeah, it was so cute :) And I finally saw that Jake. Hmm, Calleigh didn't seem interested in coming back to him in this episode, but in the end, all the good stuff about undercovers was a little suspicious :p

About my wishes for season 6, I haven't seen most of season 5, so I don't really know what was the real interaction in Calleigh's love triangle, neither the finale of Ryan and Natalia, that I have heard was pointing to something, maybe.Plus, I think I also read they are not really well, that Calleigh is kind of mad at him or something. So, I can't really know what would be possible...Anyway, as I stated before, I just wish the little moments between them would come back, strong support between them like we once had, sweet frienship words. That would be ebough for me, for season 6. Because as things are right now, I don't really believe in a kiss between them. It would be going too fast considering everything in season 5. But in a series like CSI:Miami, thigns can change in two or three episodes (or in a summer hiatus!), and who knows how they're going to come back :devil:

8. HellsBells

In season 6 I'm hoping that they resolve their fight, but not in the "IT happened over the summer so we won't get to see it, and everything is back to normal." Calleigh is very pissed off at Ryan right now, or at least she was at the end of the season. I want to see them have to restart their friendship at a new beginning. Calleigh does have trust issues, and realistically she wouldn't right away forgive Ryan.

With that being said, I'd also want to see the flirty friendship they once had. That would be enough for me.

9. CaRWash_Cutie

CaRWash_Cutie Rookie

I agree with Happilyhappy. I think the simple flirty scenes between them are far more enjoyable than a real extra gooey romantic series of scenes. Don't get me wrong, I'm a diehard CaRWasher, but I don't think I'd enjoy the show as much if the Cal/Ryan relationship was blasted all over the screen. I think that no matter how good the C/R scenes were written (when/if they were written into the show), I'd still feel slightly disappointed seeing it all unfold on screen. I like seeing the little flirty moments and going "Ooo, wonder why they said that" or "There is SO something going on between them!" That is what made seasons 3 and 4 so enjoyable. I definitely want to see more flirting in the friendly kind of way next season. Keep us guessing PTB! ;)

I would also like to see them resolve their differences onscreen, although I think TPTB will pull a "it happened over the summer" thing on us. It would be great to see Ryan apologize for the jerk he's been being. I think that Calleigh also deserves a proper thank you from Ryan for all that she's taught him since he became a CSI. After all, she's been there for him through thick and thin.

I think a little commentary from Ryan about the E/C/J triangle would be lovely. I can just see this little scene where Calleigh comes to him and asks his advice and he basically tells her she screwed up in the way that she treated these two guys. Calleigh needs to be humbled a little in that department I think. :lol:

I would also love some interaction with Ryan's family. Ryan has already met Calleigh's dad and helped her through some difficult family situations. I think it would be equally interesting for Calleigh to get a taste of Ryan's life; maybe then she'll understand why he is the way he is. I can see Ryan having this mentally ill mother and being sort of secretive and touchy about it, but then letting Calleigh in and letting her be a part of that part of his life.

Above all though, I wish that we would get a scene where Calleigh breaks down completely in front of Ryan. We've never seen Calleigh in tears or sobbing before, although heaven knows she's had reason to over the years. I like to think that Calleigh trusts Ryan enough to let her guard down in front of him and let him comfort her. I think he would be very understanding of that, and be a perfect balance for her.

10. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

Yes I finally posted. :D And they do look just perfect... Also, hooray for another June birthday! Thank you all for the welcome. I'm sorry Luna doesn't post here anymore. :( (may I ask why?)

Since I'm here, I guess In should add what I want for season 6. Shoot... *puts thinking cap on*
    Okay, as for what i'd like for season 6, I just want the Ryan from season 3. The not-cocky, not-impulsive, eager student of Calleigh's. I don't know if that is too much to ask, but my first choice would be for these two to get together. Yeah... trying to be realistic. :rolleyes:
    And I'll agree with Happilyhappy (let's resolve the fighting, writers, please!) as well as CaRWash_Cutie (I wanna see someone from Ryan's family... just not an illegitimate daughter or something :eek:)

And I found that artwork with the Will Young lyrics! :) It was done by Carla a page back along with tons of other beautiful banners and such!

11. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Hestia I didn't know you were into CaRWash! As for Luna not posting, I dunno. I haven't seen her on MSN either. so I dunno where the woman is, she stole Calleigh, I know that much!

Nikki: As for your question, I see them talking things out that happened this season and getting a sense of where they should've been and where they could go, and if their taking that journey together or if Cal needs to think things through. :)

12. carla

carla Dead on Arrival

hey guys!! i bring a bunch of gifts for y'all, as per usual :) like i said i would, i capped the R/C scenes from "death pool 100" and you can find them here. i particularly like ryan trying to be smart and cal looking like she's about to spit fire. ohohoho, i just find their expressions funny, i swear i'm not rooting for them to keep fighting or anything :p

as i was feeling very fluffy last time-- still am, really-- i went and watched my favorite episode, "legal," and as i was watching i started taking caps. i ended up with 350 screencaps of not only the R/C moments, but the whole episode (wow, talk about being exact. i swear i wasn't going for that number!), so go on and take a look at them! i figure since we've been talking about how much we miss season three, you'll be appreciative of each flirtatious comment, each shared glance, all the words of comfort... my personal favorite, besides the usual "that's hot" and such, is ryan's oh-so-funny "death to all airheads" expression. remember it from "shock"? this is the original, baby ;)

also, since everyone's finishing their fanfics this week, i figured i might as well jump on the bandwagon :D chapter 7 of "in too deep" is now posted, and it's the last one :) please read and if you do, review, if only because it's done now... :D

welcome to this thread, hestia! i'm carla, aka the annoying eternal optimist. nice to meet you! :) yes, we do seem to be rather slow lately. it seems filling up two pages takes us the same time it takes other ships to go through one whole thread :eek: i guess season 5 took a bit of a toll on us. however, in my defense, i haven't lost hope at all-- just been really busy. that, and the fact that i write so much on one post that i have nothing else to say for like a week after that :lol:

that's actually true, now that i think about it. i've been watching NY lately and i don't particularly think it's as character-focused as miami is. neither is vegas, IMHO. funny, this brings me back to corey miller's reply to nikki's email... because things in miami are getting closer and closer to grey's anatomy by the second :rolleyes: hopefully TPTB will realize which direction they're going soon, and hopefully get back on track.

...have you guys ever get the feeling that somewhere the writers are just laughing their heads off because they know we weren't expecting their plot twists and they think they're geniuses? love them to death, the writers, but there's surprise, and then there's surprise. jumping ship in the scope of just one episode, from out of the blue, is hardly a good surprise for most people. i rather prefer backstory. but oh well; like i said, other shippers gotta have their party as well. we can't hog all the joy to ourselves ;)

and hestia, i've seen the video (i re-watch most R/C fanvideos about once a week. i just love them) and yes, that banner is one of mine. more of that coming soon, too.

happy belated birthday to luna, wherever she is! :)

i think this deserves to be said yet again: if you haven't read heather's "first day back" and nikki's "home is where the heart is," do so now. they're absolutely wonderful fanfics. same goes for carwash_cutie's "darkest days," which was also just finished today :)

amy, i actually think i do better on paper, as well. however, i tend to forget where i put my notebooks so for that reason (and in the interest of saving trees as well, i guess :p) i've taken to typing directly. but i know what you mean. and i shall be waiting for those fics. hope you have a good mini-vacation! :)

dani, the season finale ryan/natalia thing was pretty much non-existent if you're not a ryan/natalia shipper, really. they talked, she helped him with the files he was going through-- what was that, like half a second before the credits rolled? pretty tame and friendshippy, IMHO. i wouldn't worry too much about that, at least until season 6 starts.

i'm going to have to agree with basically everybody else in saying that what i want to see and expect to happen (and HAD BETTER happen :devil:) in season 6 is the bubbles going back to their easy & flirty friendship. it's what they need right now, really. ryan to stop messing up for once, calleigh to go a little easy on him for once (the death pool thing wasn't as much of a disaster as she made it out to be, i really think she went too hard on him). i want to see them comforting each other like they used to (think "legal", "driven" and such).

not to say i want them to remain that way forever or that i don't want them to get together ever in the show. i think they should get together at one point. after grissom & sara in vegas and danny & lindsay in NY, i don't see why it would be weird at all. i just don't think it's going to happen in season 6, and if it does i'll most likely be pissed, even if they are my favorite couple. the timing is just not right, they haven't resolved their issues and they need to build up their background again. maybe towards the end of the season, if all their problems are dealt with early on, but i doubt they'll be.

other things i think will happen in season 6? well, my gut tells me jake's going to kick the bucket, though i don't want him to :(

things i want to happen but i don't know if they will? like carwash_cutie said, i think ryan needs to say something about the whole calleigh triangle thing. or at the very least voice his opinion about jake. he did it with hagen and with peter elliott, i think he should do the same with jake. and i would looooove for him to tease eric about it, maybe in a "hmmm, i guess you'll have to do" sort of way, but i know that won't happen :rolleyes: i also want to see calleigh be happy again. like season 1 happy. the two plaits hairstyle should come back as well :D (and that's entirely your fault for reminding me, nik!)

i've been reading "harm for the holidays: misgivings" these past few days. i'm about halfway through. not as shippy as "riptide," but i've read some cute R/C moments, and the book overall is just absolutely HILARIOUS :lol: <<"and your assistants don't have to dress like showgirls," calleigh said. "which is probably just as well. i mean, i'd look great in fishnets and a top hat, but i really don't want to see ryan wearing anything featuring sequins...">> ack. killed me right there! :lol: highly recommend it so far.

i'll be back soon with some graphics and caps. because now that my fic is done, i've nothing but free time to watch episodes and play with photoshop... ;)

13. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

nice pics!! and Rio is on tonight!! yay!! i love the whole little "Large and In charge" moment :D

14. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Need4Speed, please, you know I've warned this thread so many times for not posting enough. I'm not a mod. I understand it's summer hiatus and it's hard to talk about something with all the anti-CaRWash moments happening. I do know. But please, if Carla can post a half page (you know I love you hun), surely you can post more than 3 lines right? You have to understand I'm not attacking you personally, but the last couple of posts have all been long and in depth, we do want to keep that up. So can you help us? :)

On another note, I love Rio ;) And Carla, you know I love the ending of ITD, cause I reviewed it. But I'll just say it again: loved it. I'm already starting some new fics, can you believe that? (Yeah, I bet you can :p)

I've been in contact with Luna! She's still alive, she's just busy with a new job and doesn't have internet. Or that's what I understood from her e-mail. I bet she'll be back as soon as she can. Or else I'll make her! :devil:

Yeah, it's time I answer my own question. So: what do I want to see in season 6? Well, actually it's nothing that hasn't been said yet. Like almost everyone here, I would like season 6 to start with Ryan struggling to fit in yet again, and, of course, Calleigh helping him with that. While doing this, they can grow closer to each other again, like they were during season 4. Next I'd like the subtle hints, comments and jokes back, those moments that made us go *squee* and believe something was there between them. Somewhere in the second half of the season I'd want a big moment, kind of like Deviant, yet not the same of course, to give us real hope again. I wouldn't want them to get together just yet. It would (if ever) be too soon. Another I want for season 6 is Jake to disappear. I don't really care how, he could die (gives us Angst, Ryan can comfort Cal) or he can just go away on a mission or whatelse, as long as he's far out of sight. And I want Calleigh to decide whether or not she likes Eric. If I'm honest, I say she doesn't. I think that her reaction to Eric getting shot was because it reminded her of Speed, and she didn't want to lose another close friend. I don't believe she really loves him. But yeah, I'm a CaRWasher, so I wouldn't even believe she loved him if they married and had 3 kids :rolleyes:

That's what I HOPE will happen. What I THINK will happen? Calleigh having to decide between Eric and Jake, totally ignoring Ryan who searches company in Natalia while Horatio saves the world on his own. Yeah, I think that's pretty close.

CaRWash Pic Of The Day:
    (From Deviant)

[​IMG]

That's what I want back. Glances, smiles, just...hints.

15. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

Hey CathStokes [​IMG] (I'm sure you have a name people call you...) Next thing ya' know I'll be popping up in the CatNip thread! :lol:
    Actually, I've talked to Dutchie (Nikki) about it briefly and I've been watching CSI Miami recently, and there's been alot of different things that appealed to me about this couple which I won't get into... yet. :D
    .... Wait a sec - Luna stole Calleigh!? But I wanted my very own Bullet Girl! I'll let it slide because it was her birthday. :p

And I'll just say that Carla is a posting queen. (Looking forward to seeing your new CaRWash fan art) I wish I could post as much as she does but I'll definitely try to do so. (I really don't want to incur Nikki's wrath on the 3-line limit! :eek:)

I didn't get to see Rio but I assume the scene you all refer to is where Ryan says she's large and in charge then sort of backpedals and calls her beautiful. Awww.

Nikki, your mixture of pessimistic optimism is intriguing! Don't get too down, hun. Have some positivity cookies and remember the good times (the CPOTD is a great start!) Plus be proud you've coverted so many to CaRWash (seriously, I went back and read some older threads; you've convereted alot of people!) [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.