Calleigh & Ryan #6: Setting Laptops On Fire - CaRWash

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by _Calleigh_, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

I liked Legal. There waas so much flirting!! plus thier case was the main one so there was lots of screen time!! and i love the whole "you took my class thing"

Ryan:the visiting lecturer said "a CSIs job is to think outside the box and sometimes the best tool is the stud on her earring", she said. those are nice earrings by the way. *Calleigh smiles*
    Calleigh: you took my class.

i just loved that part! it made me *Squee*

2. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Nikki-Yeah I figured there were elevator stories somewhere. ;) The elevator idea isn't new, just how you do it. :D

:devil: I love that photo of those two. I don't know why. They aren't even happy in it. I guess it's the "behind closed doors" idea.

P.S. NIKKI! OH how I missed thee!

3. jelian

jelian Dead on Arrival

Hello, I'm new to this forum, but not new to this ship. I've LOVED Ryan/Calleigh since..well, since 'From the Grave', ever since I saw the little flirting moment between them after they met Natalia. I was SO upset after watching 'Burned' when Ryan got fired, but I am NOT giving up hope for them. You never know, Ryan could pop up in season six and just get his job back, either that or Calleigh will feel sympathy for him (and THEN get his job back, :p) Well, I hope to have alot of fun here. :)

4. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Welcome Jelian! It's a good thing you're not giving up hope, I'm not either, and there are more shippers that are not. The ones that are...well it's their own decision, but they probably don't know the concept of a show very well. Everyone dates everyone, so it doesn't really mean anything if your ship isn't happening at the moment. Yes of course I'm disappointed, but we're looking to season 6 with a bright look of expectation, aren't we? ;)

Heather, thanks babe, I missed you too :) Oh and yes, CaRWash elevator stories are as old as the first CaRWash thread.

Need4Speed, Legal is my favorite CaRWash episode. And it's not even that special, they just had many scenes together.

Inge, I do know why Calleigh and Ryan drifted apart after 'Man Down'. As Corey Miller said in his e-mail to me, 'Calleigh and Eric have always been close, and even more after he got shot.' It's simple, as the writer's explain it, when Eric got shot, that was the point Calleigh realized he means more to her than 'just friends'. Or so say the writers. I still say she just wanted to be there for her friend, and her other friend kind of got in the back thanks to that.

Do you think Ryan getting fired is a result of him feeling left behind at work? Of course, Valera and Natalia had the whole Nick thing, and Calleigh had Jake and Eric to worry about...Horatio his usual hero business...is it possible he felt left out?

CaRWash Pic Of The Day
    (From The Score)

[​IMG]

5. HellsBells

I can see Ryan felt left out and went out to release pent up anger, which resulted in his dismissal. He messed up so many times in this season though, and with Calleigh busy tending to Eric, he had no where else to go, no one to talk to. Then with Eric getting shot, he seemed to distance himself even more from the team, barely was at work, hardly ever in the lab. As he said in Kill switch, he lost his way.

In the upcoming season, I think that Ryan and Calleigh need to have a sit down. Actually, I think they should have had it in Born to Kill. She's his mentor, was his first friend when he joined the team. She should have been there as sort of the sign that "Everything will be ok, the team has your back."

6. inge

inge CSI Level Two

yes, more than ever.
    I wrote somewhere (someone's LJ) about my thoughts.
    Ryan had/has a lot of things to cope with too -> the nail, the eye problems, fearing for his job, the mole, forced to lie to his friends, jessops death, Eric getting shot.
    and as Nikki said, the others had problems too.
    He didn't know to whom he should talk, maybe he didn't want to bother him with his - comparing to the others - 'small' problems.
    He said to Calleigh in 'Burned' (don't know the correct quote, sorry) that he gambled because his job is so stressful.
    He tried to help Eric, but Eric refused his help. :rolleyes:
    I think the others 'forgot' about Ryan.
    sorry this was more Ryan and not so much C/R.

Happilyhappy, I agree with you, they should talk to each other and this
    would have been sweet.

I think Calleigh's speech in Kill Switch helped Ryan to open his eyes and to think more about his actions. She still has an influence. I think she was also hurt, sad and disappointed, because she said:

Look at Ryan's face, ouch, that hurt!

Did anyone else noticed that Emily tug at her clothing constantly at the end of the scene?
    It's nothing special, but it made me 'nervous'. :lol:

7. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

You know, I think CaRWash has ALOT of Elevator Sex. *nods* They seem to have alot of fun near that elevator.

I agree, they definately have to have a sit down and discuss everything thats been going on, her thing with Eric. His thing. and just actually see that they DO still care about one another, and not just all of that, just for her to say that she is proud of him and knows that he did wrong and knows that he could fix it, and that she has his back.

8. carla

carla Dead on Arrival

hey, guys! glad to see you're all starting to look up from the apparent debacle that was the season finale :)

as promised, here are some caps of their argument in "kill switch.". inge, i noticed as i was capping that she kept tugging at her clothes! i don't know if it was on purpose or not, but the first thing that went through my mind when i noticed it was that it was an anger thing more than a nervous thing. kinda like some people clench their fists when they're angry-- maybe she fiddles with her clothes to keep herself from smacking him :lol:

also, chapter 6 of "in too deep" is now up... but let's not talk about that now. *sigh*

best R/C episode? i'll have to agree with need4speed and nikki in saying "legal". i might be biased on this, because legal is my absolute favorite CSIM episode, but i honestly think they were flirting from beginning to end. and i can't forget about the scene when he tells her he took her course-- he's had a crush on her for that long! they have a history. you just gotta love that episode. "shock" would come a close second, though, if only for the way ryan's eyes were shining and the tone of his voice when he told her she's fantastic. damn, that was some good acting :D

dani, i noticed the watch thing too. struck me as weird because ryan handles his gun with his left hand. but yeah, they do assume similar positions often, don't they?

elevator scenes! you gotta love that one in "nailed." OMG i squeal every time i recall calleigh saying "you. in the elevator. with me. we're leaving now!" talk about a one-way ticket to gutterville :devil: and talking about elevator scenes, my personal favorite is this one from "identity". it was really sweet how he was all confused and she leads him to the elevator by his arm :)

welcome, jelian! glad to see our ranks are still growing even though the writers' interest in our ship has gone down :) i'm carla, resident annoying optimist; nice to meet you.

nikki, oh, it's so sad to hear that about maze :( another one who falls victim to the second half of season 5, i guess *shrugs* but i'm sure you'll take good care of the C2, so no problem there :) and the whole ryan feeling left out thing, that's a very interesting theory! yes, he could be feeling left out. cal's attention is focused on eric and jake, he's reluctant to get close to natalia after "one of our own", and horatio's being really impersonal lately... he had no one to turn to, so he turned to gambling, which in turn got him fired. yes, i can see that. see? if he had been able to let it all out to calleigh, none of this would have happened ;)

inge, i think his exact words were "doesn't this job ever get to you?" yep, he definitely fits the profile of feeling left out. and i agree with you, calleigh was definitely very angry, but it was out of disappointment. her expression says it all.

heather, they definitely need that sit down. heck, they needed it in "kill switch." which is why i'm so eager to see it written on a fanfic :) *pokes fellow authors* anyone? please? i'll give you cookies :D

i know i should probably ask this in the jon/ryan forum, but did anyone else think it was weird that ryan tells peters (i think it was in "silencer") that he failed organic? i'm assuming he meant that he didn't pass it and had to retake it, since he's a chemistry major and no university would let him graduate if he failed organic chemistry altogether, of course. it sounded like he didn't care much for organic at all. it just sounds weird to me, someone who's pursuing a genetics graduate degree and doesn't like organic. *scratches head* never mind, that's just the chemist in me speaking. but they really need to get ryan's background together! i mean, i'm still waiting for that "it's in his blood" comment in "under the influence" to come back up...

totally OT: i just saw "broken home" half an hour ago. poor eric :( water always goes first! *shakes head* i feel so much for him right now.

will be back later on in the week with some icons and stuff. next up in my to-watch list is "rio" and the "beautiful" comment, so i expect a weekend full of R/C goodness ;)

9. jelian

jelian Dead on Arrival

I just hope that in season six, we'll have at least a scene like this, because it would be just too cute. I imagine Calleigh saying something along the lines of "everyone makes mistakes, it happens" and with Ryan replying "mine ended up losing my job", Calleigh's words of comfort, and Ryan coming to the conclusion that she really does care about him, and anyone who's seen season 3/4's episodes of them together, knows that that won't change.

10. HellsBells

Carla- I actually watched Under the Influence with the commentary on the other day. It turns out that David ad libbed that line. Meaning the writers/producers might never indulge us in a continuity of that phrase.

Also, if I get my other fiction half way done I might write a one shot of that scene. ;)

11. CaRWash_Cutie

CaRWash_Cutie Rookie

Hi everyone! I'm back from my little post season finale sulk and I'm feeling much better about the whole CaRwash situation. ;)

Let me say also how refreshing it was to come in here and see some actual discussion and depth happening. A lot of other ship threads (no offense to anyone) are all about seeing the characters jump one another and how pretty they are together. I love that us CaRWashers are so much more mature than that! ;)

As for fics, I'm working on a couple of really good ideas at the moment, but it might be a little while before I actually get to post them. As a preview to my next CaRWash fic let me say that you can look forward to shootouts, missing persons, a CaRWash kid :D, and of course, LOTS of Calleigh and Ryan interaction! I'm getting so excited telling you about it I think I'll go write it right now! Talk to you soon!

12. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

hey guys here's an icon i edited for CaRWash. some credit goes to the original maker :D

[​IMG]

and i'm glad they are showing S3 here in the US because that is the best CaRWash season. tonight is one of my fav eps! Shootout!! i just love Ryan with taht little girl!! i think he would make a good father. can you just imagine what Calleigh and Ryan's kids would look like, if they had kids together?

13. aimsavol

aimsavol Witness

I think you all are totally right with Ryan feeling left out. It does seem like everyone forgot about him after Eric got shot. Perhaps he turned to gambling to handle the stress of Eric being shot and Calleigh's leaning toward Eric? Hmm...I think I smell a fanfic topic there. *handing out brownies as bribes* I'm working on something myself, but I've been under the weather the past couple of weeks and haven't felt like working on it.

As for Calleigh and Ryan's sit down...let me throw some questions out there...who should initiate it? And should either one of them apologize? I'm not sure as to who should initiate it, but I would lean toward Ryan approaching Calleigh, especially since she seems "preoccupied" with Eric and Ryan. And I really think Calleigh should apologize to Ryan too. She was a little harsh with him went she went to visit the t.v. station. I'm still a little miffed at everyone in the lab...why didn't someone ask him if there was a reason behind it? "Ryan, honey, what's going on? Do you need someone to talk to?" It just seems like everyone has been too busy with their own problems to notice what was going on with him, and as his mentor, Calleigh should have been the first person to notice.

14. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Didn't Horatio ask him in 'Burned' about it? I always have the feeling that Ryan feels uncomfortable near Horatio, so he didn't want to talk about it.
    but Calleigh or Alexx could have asked him.
    maybe they tried, but Ryan hid from them.
    but it would have been nice to see a scene where someone asked Ryan, I agree.

They should both apologize to each other. Ryan for letting Calleigh down and Calleigh for being to harh to him.
    I also think that Ryan should approach Calleigh first and then Calleigh would cut him off and start her speech.
    and then everything would be alright.... :D

15. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Please be mindful about comparing fans of different ships, as this can create bad feeling. It is fine to briefly say why you dislike another ship, but please respect the fans of other ships. There are also multi-shippers who read many threads here. Thanks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.