Calleigh/Jake #1 - "Some things never change!"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Leela, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Re: Calleigh/Jake #1 - "Some things never change!"

Well GNRF
    if they brought back my dear Duke for a possible plotline like the one you mentioned, TPTB would regain my favour :lol:. Seriously that would be cool. He can easily be involved with the russian mob and we don't know anything yet.

mj
    well the only logic reason why she's been targeted is Jake's UC career. I just can't see any other kind of connection between her and the russian mob.
    As you said, he took lots of firearms from the gang to her, for her. Obviously someone had to discover something, it's impossible that noone noticed some firearms missing from the gang :lol:.
    So yep they could have found him and maybe they want to punish him by taking/hurting his Calleigh.

mj....you know it not that hard for me to imagine you like that :lol:

Love your thoughts about Calleigh being distant :thumbsup:.
    She's not distant from the team as if she didn't care about them anymore, it's just that she knows the life outside the lab is far more important than the one inside.

I do miss the old Calleigh, but this one is just :shifty: I don't know, she's just more human :lol: and I like it.

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm always for the characters acting human, I just wish TPTB knew how to combine the 2!!

Anyway, when she skipped out on having drinks with the team because she was "tired", she didn't even go for a raincheck or ask if they were going again that night - nothing that came out of her mouth sounded as if she wanted to have casual time with her buds. ;)
    It's kinda sad because I'd love to have seen them all there, but it definitly spoke volumes about Calleigh. I think she's having a tough time with everything including Jake being away U/C.

Onto Calleigh's targeting situation -
    Ok, Jake messed with the gang by getting thier firearms for Calleigh, so, I wouldn't think he's still with the same gang. Maybe Jake is u/c for something different this time & members of the gang are targeting her to get Jake out of "hiding" so they can kill him?!
    If Jake finds out that the Crypt Kings are spying on Calleigh & could likely hurt her then you know he'd rush home.

See, PTB, there are all kinds of scenarios to bring back our man, so please do it - Calleigh's becoming a homebody, I can almost see her knitting now :shifty:

3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Not to mention that didn't warn anybody about the fact she wasn't coming.
    They just didn't see her and they thought something had happened to her
    and something bad will happen to her :guffaw:. Ok ok I have to stop it, but I'm still too excited by it.
    So she obviously avoided all of them.
    How to blame her, though? I mean she must have a real bad time at home, alone without her Jake being ther for her and helping her.
    I really understand her, poor girl.

I really wish Jake will be mentioned in the next episode!The more we see her without him, the more we see her depresses except for the little horse funny time.
    I'd really hate to see her trying to commit suicide just because she's alone :p

see? I told you I so can imagine her knitting :lol:. It's not tha bad :lol:

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

The horse scene in the last epi was the same old Calleigh smile that we haven't seen in AGES!!! The horse made her smile, Terrance flattered her - I have to admit she looked like she used to. Was it just the horse or the new guy? Who knows really, but personally I think she was just flattered by him...in fact the first thing I thought of was how funny that he resembled more of a man like Jake :lol:

Anyhoo, have no fears, FLO - I doubt she's suicidal...she's knitting yes, but not ready to jump off a bridge. ;)

I imagine it being one of those end of the day moments in the locker room where they all said "hey, let's go to Brennans" (Bens, whatever it was callled) - & Calleigh probably just stood there while everyone else went "yeah ok" - then she went home instead.

The heavy question on my mind is what forced her to stay at home & pass up drinks with the team!!?? I know it's likely, & unlikely, that Jake is already back but It'd be a surprisingly pleasant shock if it turned out that he was there with her & that's why she didn't go to the restaurant. Of course that doesn't explain her interaction with horseman - that I believe could just be TPTB giving everyone shits & giggles though. :shifty:

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well I have to admit that the guy really reminded me of Jake. I mean he loves horses and I'm pretty sure Jake would perfectly suit with horses. I just can't see him "hating" them :lol:

:shifty: well if she wants to jump off a bridge, I can see Jake saving her :lol:.
    Let's remain to the knitting image in our mind.

That's exactly how I can see things happened that night;)

Well I still think he isn't back, but I'm sure she's waiting for him and maybe she got a phone call that night :devil:. Who know who was phoning her.

Seriously, she also preferred passing an evening riding a horse with a new guy. As for the guy I'm not worried at all since it was too evident she was concentrated on the horse (btw what a lovely horse :adore:). She also said "poor baby :adore:" with little hearts on her eyes to the horse.
    Seriously ,Terrance was just the guy who let her ride a horse. That'll the guy represented in the episode.
    She needed to find a new activity, something to cheer her up instead of being always at home waiting for him or being with her team who maybe questions her about him (I can see Natalia asking her how the situation is).
    She just need something else and Terrance gave her this opportunity. I can also see her going back to ride every now and then just to think about something else.
    I do think it's a good thing for her to ride a horse so that she can yell out all her "tension".

Girls, I've got a news for you...in the last issue of CSI:Magazine we're gonna have an interview to Johnny Whitworth who talks about Jake and his way to behave as a detective and UC agent. ( I already have the preview oage pic :p )
    Basically he tells how Jake tends to obtain everything he wants (infos and other stuff all about a case) in every possible way and how this may sounds pretty bad for his character, but still it's his way to be/behave.
    As soon I have the actual page, I'll scan it and I'm gonna post it here for you ;)
    This thing also got me thinking how his character is not dead at all for our lovely TPTB and yeah I'm more and more positive about his possible return :p

**did I make sense with this post? I guess no but you'll have to cope with it for a long time :p **

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

YAYYYYY!!! Thanks for that :p Ya know, it DOES make me even more suspicious that our man is not gone for good cause why else would they still talk to him as if he's a regular recurring character?!??! ;)
    IMHO, if the idea of Jake was a done deal then no magazine or any kind of media would have any reason to interview him. In most cases when a character is gone (especially a love interest) then they are just GONE, they fall off the map...so....this is great to hear :thumbsup:

Well, you're probably right about him being back because if he was back in her life she wouldn't be so distracted looking all the time. There's just something off about her lately. :shifty: It'd be nice if TPTB would let us actually hear it strait from her (her missing him) but I honestly think they want the fans to believe that she could care less just so they can pull thier tricks, as always. Don't they know that we don't buy this stuff?!!:lol:

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

And this is exactly why I feel positive about this thing.
    What's the the aim of this interview? Who knows, surely not to say he's gone forever :p

She's way too distracted!!! I just think it's pretty impossible for him to be back. Otherwise she'd be happy and cheerful, like the dosed Calleigh from "Dispo Day" :guffaw:
    Nah thre's no way she'll admit her situation in front of the audience. That would be so unCalleigh.
    Though I'd love her mentioning him at least once :p

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Exactly. Though I think she'd be more like the happy & cheerful Calleigh like in 'Dangerous Son', 'Deep Freeze', 'Sunblock' ...those epis with Jake when she was actually smiling at the crime scenes ;) Especially in 'Dangerous Son' because she looked so refreshed after them vacationing together. It's not just my love for CAKE that keeps me optimistic, it's all the mush & cheese that TPTB put into that relationship that tells me it was meant to be incredibly significant in telling us Calleigh's side of the "triangle".
    We've all discussed how we never would've imagined her to act this way around a man, so it's just so evident that Jake is/was a huge factor in her life - gone or not - dead or alive - it doesn't matter! I think there is just something very telling about the way they played CAKE in comparison to other relationships.

9. Kiane

Kiane Lab Technician

I can't wait to read this. They make it sound as his character is bound to return, since they talk about him in the present as he still exists.
    Johnny needs to bring his fine self back. Calleigh is missing her Jake, and so are we too. :D

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well the doesed one was just too hilarious for me and I'd love to see her like that at least once again :lol:.
    But yep those are the episodes when she was really happy with Jake around her. You never saw Calleigh smiling at a crime scene except for the times she was with Jake.
    Again I haven't seen her smiling at a crime scene except for very stupid scene like the Ladies room one (btw it was hilarious :lol:).

So as we have already told thousand of times, she's happy and all cheerful just with Jake!!!

Kiane welcome back :beer:
    **hugs**
    I'm too optimistic because of this interview and I so can't wait to read what he has to tell us ;)

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

ME TOO!! The only thing that sucks though is that I have this thing with the actors & whether or not to take what they say seriously. I hope this is just Johnny speaking & he's not playing TPTB's games. We'll have to see.
    All the same, the mere fact that our boy is "surfacing", even if it's just in the magazine, has me THRILLED! :p

The expression was a hoot, but I actually thought it was unlike Calleigh to be that "Ugh" about it. I think old Cal would've joked more, but she seemed very blahhh with the whole thing - am I making sense? :vulcan:
    I don't know what it was, it was (again) just something off about her character & how she deals with things lately. Maybe it's me, but it almost looks like she doesn't even like the job anymore. Methinks it's all about her missing Jake.

Oh, & welcome back Kiane. Mimosa for you, my dear. :)

BTW, *cough*FLO*cough* We could use some pics of our dear couple to brighten up our party here :D

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I know that lots of these interviews are coordinated by TPBT, but seriously, IMO the interviews in "CSI:Magazine" are the most honest.
    Do you remember EP telling "with Jake she's learning to love again". When have you ever heard other words like these in all the other interviews especially the ones for TV Guide or something like this? NO!
    So I don't think TPTB put their hands on this interviews, otherwise we would have never read that sentence from EP 'cause they always make her tell "Eric is always with her, not matter what the trouble is. He's there for her". It's the most common phrase I've ever heard from her about this theme.

Well let's say that if she had been the real Calleigh, the cheerful one, she would have gon in that Ladies room without problems, even laughing.
    Plus I just can't see her as serious CSI anymore. Don't get me wrong. I just can't see her loving her guns and all the forensic stuff anymore, as she used to do ;)
    Once Jake left, it looks like she lost a part of her, also the one concerning her career.

I'm always involved. But since my day just ended like hell because of RL, I'll post 2 pics :p
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Are they good enough? I hope so :p

Let's all drink our lovely mimosa :beer: I just need it, right now!!

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Oh thank you!!! I needed to see those...I must add how lovely Jake's biceps are looking in that photo ;):drool:;) no wonder Calleigh has that look on her face !! :lol:

That is one quote that I do not forget...& that picture of them **sigh** beautiful couple!! You're right though, I don't read those magazines much but I've seen some of the articles & they do seem more honest...it's just lately ya know...well...you know - lots of garbage seems to float around. ;)

I agree completely. There was a time when I absolutely would never have put Calleigh as the type to put love & life before career - I just wouldn't have ever believed it. I always thought her & Horatio would rot there in the lab :lol: But when Jake showed up it proved me wrong. Seriously, if Rick Stetler had told her & John Hagen that they couldn't see each other then she wouldn't have thought twice. "it's been fun, nice knowin' ya" - that's what she would have said.

Anyhoo, is anyone keeping track of our new title suggestions? I can't think of any right now...

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well the perfect captation for Calleigh's pic would be "And I'm jumping on him immediatly, am I not? :drool:" :lol:

And trust me they're so refreshing for my eyes 'cause they looks just objective, they never express a subjective opinion. At least they look netural and they aren't like "oh look at there, she's jumping on this guy in a moment and they'll surely make out". Unless she's a frog or a cangaroo she's not jumping on anyone....well maybe Jake, let's say she already jumped on him and they had already made out :devil:

Well knowing what happened with Hagen, I think she would have been more than happy for a rule like that in that period :lol:.
    Anyway she put love before career more than once with Jake and I'm pretty sure she's going on like this since I don't see her love for forensic stuff anymore.
    So Jake must have have done something too god to her to make her like this, a person sho prefers love than career.....oh yeah she made her smile (like the cheerful one) more than once. :p

Oh gosh....I'd love to find it before the great opening of the new thread I have in my mind :devil:.
    What about Waiting for a new mimosa party :lol: ?

**goes back to visit her mentor Duke** :beer:

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm positive she was thinking - " yeah, I'm gonna get me some of that".
    & Jake has this arching the back thing goin' on that says "check out my pecks!" :D
    Anyway, MJ must escape from gutterville. :alienblush:

I'm all too curious to see what TPTb would do for his return...would there be angst....would Cal just be so happy he's alive that we'd get another cheese-soaked CAKE scene?!?
    After 'Resurrection', I think it was more clear they're making him a good guy. At least they didn't leave it making anyone wonder if he's up to no good, like in 'SYG' -so- I would hope that they just make his return a happy one & leave out all the wonder of if he's done something bad....that's annoying & overdone. Plus, that would be just dumb at this point to try & have him "go bad" 'cause he was all too sweet in the last epi doing something to help Calleigh. The point was made quite clear I think. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.