Calleigh/Jake #1 - "Some things never change!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Calleigh/Jake #1 - "Some things never change!"

mjszud great ideas for the icon:guffaw:

Lambchop I know what you mean. I always watched all three CSIs without shipping any couple cause in my opinion it was a crime show.
But when Jake came in Miami I was "OMG!!!! Such great boy for Calleigh!!! This could be an amazing couple!"
Yeah they're a couple no matter for their problems but they're a couple...not a normal ship like others are and they don't have just "fluffy momets". This is why I have no worries for them.

As for Jake lighting Calleigh up...this is so true!!!! No matter of what happens but she always has that smirk on her face when she sees him. Also in "Stand Your Ground" yeah she was mad at him....but still I could notice a little smirk on her face. Why????? That's my question. And this is my answer...."he is her boyfriend the only other person she LOVES with her father".
Do I have to remember she broke the rule only for her dad (in "Under the Influence") and only for Jake???? But I'm sure we all know she did it!;)

Last edited:

What I don't get are the people that get so pissed off when their ship doesn't work out. I remember all the people that wrote in about the GSR thing on CSI. OR all the people counting how many episodes that Calleigh and Horatio didn't work together. People got down right nasty. :evil:

I guess I just don't think in the shipper point of view.

But there was an existing relationship with Jake and Calleigh and it made it easier to relate too. If Jake doesn't come back, I'm back to watch for Emily and the crime show part of the show. No ships for me.

I guess I'll have to work on the CaKe Avatar.

:lol:It looks awesome LAMBCHOP!!! Love it!

Hmm, well I have to admit I am one of those people ...to a certain degree. I really don't understand why GSR fans are dissapointed,(im not one, but don't really care either) I mean they got it made, Grissom seems to be madly in love w/ her, so whats the big deal?
My "fun" ships I don't really make a fuss over, but my OTP that has been CANON & written by TPTB is much different, its like ":wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:". So that does tick me off when they play around w/ that crap, much like they are doing w/ CAKE right now, & others.:rolleyes:
Its too overwhelming, dramatic, & it takes away the whole concept of the show. They said they aren't Grey's Anatomy & won't ever will be, so again :wtf:!!
to me the "love stories" on this type of show should be subtle & "in the background", so to speak. So yeah, sometimes it is irritating, but I REALLY just want this to be settled cause it has been dragging out too long.
If CAKE makes it ...FANTASTIC! Its what Im hoping for, if not, then Calleigh will fall back into my "fun" ships. That is if Im not forced to turn the damn channel.:)

That you mjszud!

I know what you mean about turning the channel!! There are a few storylines on CSIM that I could do without. LOL!!! AND a few people that they seem to focus too much on. All I'll say is, seven dead in the first 5 minutes and no problems getting out of the country and back to the USA. LOL!!

Usually I love CSIM for its cheesefactor, but....

I'm with you about just answering the question: CaKe ~ yes or no.

It will make it easier on me when I try to decide if I still want to take the time to watch. With CaKe, I'm all over it. Without CaKe, I could become an on again, off again viewer. Only watching the episodes that interest me. Which kinda saddens me. I've been a fan since the pilot episode on CSI. I have seen every episode dozens of times. But, like I said, some of the story lines are getting old for me.

Maybe TPTB are waiting to find out if Johnny's pilot gets picked up or not.

Hmm I normally tend not get into shippy things:rolleyes:...but with CaKe for me it's very difficult to say "oh well they won't exist...no worries".
If they hadn't gone too much into CaKe (including the coffee machine scene) well that would have been much easier for me to be the same as you.

I know it's a crime scene and still I think they exaggerated with everything especially the shipping scenes...CaKe, Ducaine, Hiphugger, Carwash...but when people always show shipping moments and what kind of shipping moments...you can't easily go without them.
Obviously I'm not that kind of person who writes to TPTB to know what will happen to their ship or to tell them theyr'e disappointed with plots....but obviously now I'm a little bit disappointed with their choices about Jake and Calleigh.
If they hadn't used them so well...I souldn't be here wanting them.

That's why I hate this kind of things...it's a crime show...it would have been better if they hadn't started with it:rolleyes:

Now I'm here waiting for Johnny's future:cool:

Lambchop I love it!!!!!:thumbsup:It's too cute!!!

Last edited:

I don't worry much about Johnny's pilot. It shouldn't make a difference. Sophia Milos has another show but stil makes it back to guest star, so he could still do both & just pop back in Miami every so often.
Right now its just up to the writers to do whatever the hell they are going to do with his character. I can't say im at all impressed w/ this season. Beside all the over dramatized shippy moments, the stories have fallen flat. Theres been a few good, but overall, this season has just plain sucked w/ including the whole cast. Im about over it completely.
Ill give them a chance to make it up next season & let them get this out of thier system, but if I don't see anything good on other characters by the first 5 epis of next season...then sorry, stick a fork in me Im done. Toodles to Miami.

So back to an on topic subject since I just felt the need to bitch there a minute.;)
There was something about that coffe machine moment that was either saying "they are living together" or...Calleigh wants to live w/ him.
Either way, that one tiny little comment just seemed to say alot about Calleigh & how she felt about him. That last scene in "sublock" SAID IT ALL!:p

Toodles to Miami. LOL!!! Very funny! I love it!

I feel the same way about it. I would rather have Calleigh single then with one of the regular cast members. That's why I love the character Jake. He was an outsider and has a history with Calleigh, but not the rest of the team.

I think of the team as a family and you wouldn't date your brother. Yuck!

As far as Johnny's pilot, it depends on what network it is on. ABC and NBC aren't going to allow Johnny to visit Miami. It would have to be a CBS show and they would have to work something out with the new show. Sofia's show was not on a major network, so there wasn't a conflict with CBS. Plus the film schedule is different then Miami's. That's why Rex Linn was able to do a guest spot on 'Saving Grace' last year. They film at a different time and it was for a cable channel show.

What other seasons does Jake appear (Icon reasons) -- I thought I'd be nice to MJ and make icons for Cake and Eden. *smirks*

haha toodles to Miami; but I'm going to have to agree with you and I have to watch anything like last weeks Tuesday ep. I will scream and throw things at the screen. and then I will chase down Jake and drag him to Calleigh's house. *nods*

@ LAMBCHOP, ok, I guess that would be a problem, hadn't thought about it. Any idea what network it is? BTW....DITTO on the top portion of your last post!!! Family/Brother.....EWWWW.

@ CATH..... you're a doll, thank ya so much. What? ...is that my "going away" gift? CAKE & EDeN icons? WHAT ARE YOU GETTING AT CATH??:lol: Im not saying toodles YET! I seriously doubt I will have to anyway, so bring 'em on my dear:p

S5 Going Under, Going Going Gone, the finale the kiss?? (epi name) I just remember it sucked, except the kiss;)
S6 Dangerous Son, Deep Freeze , Sunblock
Those are the only CAKEY/Jakey ones I can think of. FLO will let ya know of any that I missed.;)

You are close on the episodes mjszud. Here they are.

Season 5
Going Under
If Looks Could Kill (though I have never seen him)
Going, Going, Gone
Internal Affairs
Born to Kill (kiss episode)

Season 6
Dangerous Son
Bang, Bang, Your Debt
Deep Freeze
Sunblock
Stand Your Ground

CathStokes

I will scream and throw things at the screen. and then I will chase down Jake and drag him to Calleigh's house. *nods*

Can I just say I laughed so hard I fell off my chair. :guffaw: But I'm with you. I'll even help.

Here I am although Lamchop actually told it;)

5X02 -"Going Under" Jake is introudced as an under cover agent:drool:. And what kind of introduction with Calleigh slamming him on the ground :devil:.He was the victim's partner. Plus they let us know that he and Calleigh had a love story during their academy time....but let's say he was a little bit busy with his carreer.
I was just thinking about this time after they showed Calleigh's ID in "All in". They showed she was born in 1975 and she entered in the police in 1991. OMG she was 16 when she entered. They were children during the academy time:eek:

5X09 -"Going Going Gone" Their most flirting episode in s5:devil:. Jake comes back after he became a normal policeman during this atmosphere of danger because of possible terroristic acts in Miami.
We have a scene at the park.....while she's confronting him about his choice of using a young girl during this case, he practically says they didn't let him use a beautiful cop like her. BAD BOY:devil:
Then after they shot at Calleigh we first have his worried face and then their dialogue which was pierceless
C: I can't believe I took a bullet for you.
J: I can't believe I shot a man for you.
C: I'm the one in pain!
J: I've got the emotional scars!
C: You're not loosing any sleep over this
J: Hmm maybe you're right
C: what?!?!?
J: You're right Calleigh
C: nice to hear
J: you must admit it.... we are a great team.
C: we have our moments
and right after it these smiles :D CAKE
I was really giggling after it :D :D

5X12 - "Internal Affairs" They actually didn't have any interaction exept for the fact she was shocked when she saw him bringing Natalia with handcuffs inside the department.

5X23 - "Kill Switch" Eric catches Calleigh while she's at the phone with Jake trying ot organise their first appointment. She's smiling as little child would do with her candies:p......Jake is her candy:devil:.

5X24 - "Born To Kill" I have nothing to say about the episode...cause it was disappointing. But if you ask me about the kiss I'm all for:drool::devil:

6X01 - "Dangerous Son" with the "Good morning officer pretty"...Too cute!!!

6x04 - "Bang Bang Your Debt" The coffee machine!!!!!! Please Jake buy her a coffee machine!!!!:guffaw: This scene cracked me up.

6x05 - "Deep Freeze" Jake wants to slow down their relationship after what happened with the rule. You can see he didn't want it to happen and Calleigh's face was just "give me a hug or I'm going to cry here!!" :(

6X06 - "Sun Block" We know their broke was just a cover for my frined Stetler:devil:. The end of the episode.....I love it!!! The best ending ever!!!.

6X09 - "Stand Your Ground" It's their last episode. We know they're still together and they're having fun enjoying a brunch. After Calleigh's accident there's a little bit of argue between the two because he lied to her...but at the end we know that without Jake's help Calleigh wouldn't be at work right now.

Cathstokes you crack me up!!!!:guffaw: This was too funny. I'm here to help you!!!!

Last edited:

Here I am although Lamchop actually told it;)

Didn't mean to steal your thunder Florry89! :(

mjszud: The article about Johnnys pilot says it was being filmed at the ABC Studios for CBS. But if CBS doesn't take it, they will show it to the other networks. So you never know.

No worries Lambchop;)....you didn't steal anything....it's just that I needed to recall them just light my day up:)

Hmm let's hope CBS will take it. I need him at least as a guest star for some episodes:(

Okay...yes...you both have put me in my place..so..BITE ME!:lol:

Thanks for the beautiful CAKE summary FLO, :p ahh yes...good times. Yummy cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back