Broken (Vegas RP)

"No" Sara piped up. "Their foster father is looking for them, I mean it would only make sense for us to watch them." she quickly added.

"That is procedure Nick. They have no other relatives, so child services will be arriving shortly," he gave Nick a look, "Why?"

"Well like Sara said, their foster father is looking for them.. And I feel responsible for them if anything happens." Nick looked over at Sara for a moment before wrapping an arm across her shoulders. "Why don't you let us look after them? It'd probably be safer, and they know us atleast." Nick almost had a pleading look about him, knowing Grissom may give him a talk about becoming emotionally attached.

Catherine just sat back and watched. "They could come spend some time at my house, I'm sure Lindsey would love a few playmates." Catherine offered.

(Yup, he's definitely giving him that talk :D)

Grissom looked at his CSIs, they were all acting like it was no big deal!
"I'm surprised at you all. You've become so attached to the two little girls," he hated being the bad guy but it had to be said, "You should know better. I already called child services, and I know that they won't hand over the girls to the people who are investigating their mother's murder." He emphasized the last point strongly.
"If Ecklie or the sheriff find out about this, do you realize what could happen?" He couldn't stress it enough. It was not just him who objected to it.

"Grissom they've been through the system before and I doubt they want to go back. Social Services can't protect them like we can. " Sara said.

Catherine felt angered by Grissom's heartlessness. "GOD Grissom! How can you be so heartless? Would you rather have these girls come back in here dead? Come on Grissom, you knew that the foster father is looking for them. If they go with child services, and those girls are killed by that man, then I guess you are the murderer aren't you?" Catherine said, getting up in his face.

"Griss, please.." Nick was supprised at his own voice, "Let Cath, Sara and I take care of them. I know Brenda doesn't want to go with them, I saw the look on her face." And screw Ecklie and the Sheriff.. Nick thought to himself, even though his facial expression said what he thought.

(They all totally ganged up on him! :lol:)

Grissom frowned as he explained, "I'm sure you all have your points. There's some truth to what you say," he gave Catherine a look as if to say 'yes even you', "But you obviously don't understand the bad PR we would get. Ecklie can explain this much better, but it would look bad if CSI took care of the girls. The father's lawyer would have a field day! All the jury needs to hear is 'special interest' and he would get off scott free," he was getting aggravated, knowing the the three wouldn't budge.
"I'm not doing this intentionally, but if you do this for these girls then you would have to do it for every child."

With a sigh, he tried to bargain, "If it makes you feel better, you can visit them in foster care, and make sure they are well taken care of."

Catherine just sighed and sat down on the bench behind her. She knew Grissom was right. She just wished that for once, he was wrong. "He's going to kill them Grissom, I can feel it." she told him as she put a hand to her forehead.

"It's been done before. A child has been put into police custody until they were safe." Sara commented. "Its not special interest, our interest is protecting these girls." she added.

After Grissom finished speaking, Nick went ridged, dropping his arm from Sara's shoulder and clenching fists at his sides. He felt as if he could shatter one of the glass walls of the lab right then and there. Taking a step towards Grissom, Nick growled, "You do realize, if you let Child Services take them away that you might be condemning them to death right? C.S. agents don't know danger untill they have their heads shoved of their asses and shot."

((..I.. May have crossed the line there. ^^; ))

(Nah, angry Nick is cute. ;))

Grissom didn't even flinch. He looked at Sara and Catherine who provided no help.
He understood their point of view, and as supervisor he hated doing this... but he had to do something. He cleared his throat as he saw child services behind the CSIs.

"We're here for Brenda Collins and Cassie McBride."
Two young women were standing by the door.
"Is one of you Mr. Grissom?"
He hesitated before answering, "Yes, but can I speak with you for a moment?"
He led the C.S agents to the side, away from the other angry CSIs.

"Is it possible for two of my CSIs to take temporary custody of the two girls. Of course they would be hands off the case."

(See, he's not all bad! ;))

(( :p Nick's still going to be pissed off by being put off the case. :lol: Just because I can.))

Nick glanced over his shoulder at the agents before taking a deep breath and biting his lower lip. Keeping his back turned he suppressed his anger for another time when he could take it out on an inanimate object. I'm probably going to be reprimanded for that.. he thought.

Back