Broken (Vegas RP)

With that, Catherine walked out of the room. She passed Greg and Grissom and stopped at her office. She was still clearly in veiw, but no one could see her face. She balled up her fists and rested them on the glass wall and then pressed her forehead against it.

(who is playing Grissom? lol)

(Well, I guess I could. I'm already playing him in two other R/Ps! :lol: I don't know why, I'm not even half as philosophical and brainy as he is! :p)

Grissom was doing the 'dreaded' paper work, and he saw Catherine walk past his office.
He let her take the lead in the case with the dead woman, knowing she could handle it. At least, he hoped she could. Judging by her expression, he wasn't so sure.

(Cool!)
Catherine slid her hands off the glass and then stood back a bit. she wiped her face with her hand and then turned around and leaned her back on the glass. She didn't know how much longer she could take this. She had to though, she wanted to catch these sick people, and put them away for good. She sighed and rubbed her forehead in preperation to re-enter, but she hesitated, and stayed in the same spot.

Grissom got up, making sure they were doing alright on the case. Besides, it was a good excuse to take a break from all the paper work.
He saw Catherine standing by her office, and she looked upset. He was a little puzzled, so he went to check on her.
"Catherine? Are you alright?"

(This feels like deja vu... probably because of the other LV R/P where Cath is thretening to quit and Grissom is clueless as usual! :lol:)

(Nick was in the interrogation room with Cath and Sara, silly :p)

Nick followed Sara out of the interrogation room and stared at her with a very shocked expression before it hardened to a cold steel look. "Yeah, they were brought in because we couldn't find the husband. Why kind of guy would kill someone infront of children like that? Let alone turn and hurt them as well?" Nick sighed, but really inside his played exterior, he was breaking at the seams. By this point, he was sure he was going to see this case to the end.

(Oh! But ilovegrissom1 wrote:
With that, Catherine walked out of the room. She passed Greg and Grissom and stopped at her office. She was still clearly in veiw, but no one could see her face. She balled up her fists and rested them on the glass wall and then pressed her forehead against it.
Now I'm confused. :confused:)

(Oh well, we will say that Sara walked out too lol)

Catheirne turned her head to face Grissom. "I'm fine." she said, with absolutely no truth behind it.

(Alright. So.... Sara's with Nick behind the two-way mirror? Hope someone is with the poor girls! :()

"You don't look fine," Grissom gave her a disbelieving look, "Does this have to do with the case?"

"I'm not backing down off of this case." she told him feircely, but then she lightened up. "It's just...I can't beleive someone would do this to such little girls, and it makes me think of Lindsey, and would could happen to her, just because I wasn't there for her."

Grissom nodded, "I can understand that, but Nick and Sara are working the case and if it gets to be too much..." he didn't push the issue. Once Catherine had her mind made up, he knew he couldn't change it.
"I guess you should check on the interrogation. Page me if there are any leads."

"Yeah, thanks for your help Grissom." she said almost in a scolding tone. She hated how he always acted so professional, couldn't he be human just once?

Cassie got up shakily and walked away from Brenda, trying to regain control of herself.
Brenda stayed quiet, tracing a shape on the desk. Meanwhile, Cassie, in her distress, forgot about the mirror. Gently pulling up her shirt sleeve she examined something on her arm.

It was rapped in toilet paper, held on by duct tape, a blood stained bandage that was fastened tightly around her shaking arm.
"We're gonna have to change it soon Brenda, it's getting bad again..." She muttered to her sister

The movement through the two-way mirror caught his eye. Turning his head he looked over and saw the makeshift bandage of toilet paper on her arm. Mentally wincing at the bruises that also was on her arm. Christ.. What the hell did that guy do to those two girls? Nick thought before he looked to Sara again.

"Sar.. I'll meet you back in there in a few." He muttered before stepping out of the observation room and jogging down the hall to the locker room. He always kept a small first aid kit in his locker, with disinfectants and bandages. Removing that from his locker, Nick returned back to the interrogation room and walked in, a soft smile on his lips.

"Can I help you with that, Cassie?" He asked as he set the first aid kit on the table and sat on one of the chairs. He kept his tone nice and light and didn't let any of his 'pissed-off' side show.

Cassie almost fell over backwards...
"Y-You saw that?" Then she hit herself in the head, "shit, the mirror." Swears were heard all the time in their foster home...Cassie almost didn't realize she had said anything wrong.
Knowing there was no point in fighting it, she gently held out her arm.

((At age eleven.. she's in grade six. I'll let it go :lol: ))

Nick's eyebrow rose at the use of the swear, especially at her age but then he shook it off. Pulling a pair of latex gloves from his pockets, he asked; "You don't mind me using these, do you?" Nick pulled on the gloves and soon opened up the first aid kit. Pulling out some scissors he gently held her arm in one hand and began to cut off the duct tape, making it easier and quicker than pulling it off. "Tell me if I hurt you, okay?"

Back