Broken (Vegas RP)

(yeah but imagine where she is coming from...I mean countless houses where all they do is scream and swear at each other, watching someone be killed...and lots more that they haven't told yet, I bet any kid would swear. Actually, my friend who worked in a child care center told me about this one little boy that would swear all the time..and he was five. It was because his parents called him things like 'little shit' so he didn't know any better. sorry, just had to share that lol.)

Cassie winced, but didn't move or speak, she had felt worse.
"Kelly stabbed me...she got mad and stabbed me." Might as well tell them everything.

((Yeah, very true..))

Nick soon stood and knelt down on the floor so he was more eye level with her. Setting the bandage on the chair, he took out some gauze and rubbing alcohol, starting to clean the wound carefully. "Why did she get mad at you?" He asked. "And sorry if this stings a lot."

Cassie started to cry again, ashamed that Brenda was watching her,
"B-Brenda said she didn't want Kelly to leave, because she didn't want the men over. So she slapped her. I told her to get away from her and stood in front of Brenda...and she picked up a knife and..."

((*topples off the chair* This is becoming a sad story.. But it's true in some households..))

Nick lied down the piece of gauze and picked up a new piece. Placing it over the wound he soon wrapped a different strip around it and taped it, keeping it semi-tight but not so tight that it would cut off the circulation. Removing his gloves he soon lifted her head some and wiped the tears away. "It's okay, Cassie. No one can hurt you while you're here." Sitting back on his heels he looked from Cassie to Brenda and back again. "Is there anything I can do for you two? Something else that needs a re-bandaging?" he asked kindly.

Cassie almost smiled, "No, Bren's ok. I made sure of that." She smiled at her little sister, reaching out to her and ruffling her hair, "Right?"
Brenda nodded shyly.
"We just need a place to sleep tonight..."

Nick gave a warm smile to the two girls before standing, putting the first aid kit together again, also gathering the makeshift bandage in an evidence bag along with his gloves. "I guess I never really intoduced myself to you two did I?" he said. "I'm Nick. You either of you need anything, give me a shout."

Nick pondered for a moment on what Cassie had said about needing a place to stay. "I'll see what I can do about getting you two a place for tonight." He frowned then thought he mind as well say that C.S. will want to come get them. "Knowing the department, they've probably called for Child Services to come get you two.."

Brenda wimpered...no, please no, Cassie just sighed.

"I know who you are sir. I remember you, you were on the case with my family--" she trailed off, no, that was to hard to talk about.

Nick started to mentally kick himself, having the whole case come back to mind. Just like a child in distress, I tried to forget it.. "I'm sorry Cassie." He sighed then looked up at Brenda's whimpering. "Is there a place you two would rather stay? Or someone that you'd know?"

Nick's throat started to develop a lump when he let his mind trail to the past cases of the two girls. He especially remembered interrogating Cassi in the hospital. Swallowing the lump in his throat in his thoat, he spoke again. "And there's no need to call me 'sir'.."

"We don't have anyone..." Cassie trailed off, "and sorry, uh, Nick."

Cassie was remembering what it had been like for her back then..she was inocent, and patient, and a fighter. Now look at her...

"All right.. I'll see what my supervisor has arrange and what I can do." He smiled kindly at the two girls again before he gathered up the kit and stepped out of the interrogation room. Taking the first aid kit back to his locker first then dropping the evidence off to DNA/Trace, Nick soon started to head towards Grissom's office.

Finding there being no Grissom in the office, he looked down the hall and spotted him and Catherine talking. Walking over to them Nick nodded a hello to both of them and kept quiet till they were both done. Letting his mind trail back to meeting Zoey and Greg for a moment then thinking back to Sara and how she looked when he left the observation room.

It took a moment for Nick to pull his mind from his thoughts when he realized Grissom had asked him a question. "Ah, it's getting there. I found out that their foster mom sliced Cassie's arm open so I just rebandages it for her. I sent the makeshift one she had on before to DNA and Trace." Nick took a breath and took a couple seconds to think out his next question. "What have you arranged for them? Child services to come pick them up later or what?" Nick began to fidget with the case file in his hand, almost in a nervous way.

Back