Broken (Vegas RP)

Catherine was still on the ground. Her throat was now sore and there were bruises around her neck from his grip. She felt like she couldn't breathe, yet she was breathing fine, her breaths were just a little heavier and quicker. She stayed low on the ground as she watched the man get taken away.

Cassie froze, half way between the door, where she had peeked out. She would know that voice anywhere...James Selko...the man that had made her life a living hell. She backed away slowly, not taking her eyes of the door,
"B-Brenda, come with me" The fear in her voice was un-mistakeable, her hand shaking when she took the smaller girls in hers.
"He's here isn't he?" Brenda murmered
Cassie just nodded, leading Brenda to the door. Quietly they slipped out and walked down the hallway, flatten against the wall. Cassie looked in every door they passed, wondering where they could hide.

Finally she came up upon a quiet, dim room, where four tables were layed out, as well as drawers along the side of the room. She realized that the two large lumps covered by white sheets in the middle of the room where bodies---dead bodies. It's the best place to hide though...it's the only place they won't look..., So she put her hand on the handle and turned to Brenda,
"Bren, I want you to close your eyes, and promise me you won't open them till I tell you to...I will guide you, just trust me." Brenda closed her eyes obiedently, and Cassie went inside, sister in tow.

The two girls walked across the room to a corner, where they crouched down behind a table and sat very still in quiet,
"Don't worry, we'll be ok now...I hope" Cassie whispered to her sister quietly.

(ok i got to go to soccer, be back a little later!)

Grissom was surprised at the sight he saw. Catherine was injured.
"Catherine, what happened? Are you alright?" He leaned down, putting his hands on her shoulders.
"What happened here?" Ecklie wanted to know as much as Grissom.
An officer came and informed him about the suspect.
"He attacked her?" Grissom was upset. 'How could this have happened?'
"Damn, she'll need to get herself checked," Ecklie spoke outloud, but Grissom was unaware.

(Uh oh, does Grissom CARE is he showing EMOTION? This calls for drastic drama lol)
Catherine finally stood up and collected herself. She looked a little shaken, but nothing she couldn't handle....or could she? She grabbed her throat, and then looked in the glass to see her reflection. She had black and blue bruises around her neck, and a big bruise on her face from where he punched her. She turned back around and sighed at the two men. "I'm fine." she said, looking like her tough old self again.

(Drama showdown! :D)

Grissom looked grim. "Catherine, I'm taking you to the hospital. Right now," he turned to Sara, "It seems the father of the two girls attacked her. I'm driving her to the emergency room."
He grabbed Catherine's hand, "Greg will have to handle this."

(Flashback)

"Thanks Sara. That was Cassie and Brenda's foster father, whatever you do, don't tell him that you are taking care of them, keep them safe for me please." she told Sara as Grissom dragged her out.

(ok all good)

Catherine took her hand back. "I'm fine Gil." she told him, whipping out the first name. "I just have a few bruises, nothing I can't handle." she told him, getting overly defensive.

Nick looked at Catherine for a long moment with nothing to say. Looking at her bruises in an examining way. God only knows what he might have done to other people.. he thought, thinking back to the rough shape the girls and his deceased wife were in. "I'm sorry Cath..." Nick said quietly as he watched Grissom and Catherine leave the building.

(Looks like Catherine and Grissom are out in the parking lot.)

"Catherine, you need to get checked for broken bones or fractures, this is no time to be stubborn. You're going or I'll call an ambulance to come and strap you onto a gurney," he chided.
He motioned for her to get into the car.

Catherine nodded and got in the car. She looked scared. She wouldn't admit it, but she looked terrified. She got into the car and buckled herself in as Grissom walked around to the other side of the car. She never let her eyes meet his, she only trained her eyes on the floor.

Grissom drove with a steady determination. He was angry that he left her alone. If he just stayed a minute longer, he could've prevented this...

Catherine kept her eyes on the floor while they drove to the hospital. She wanted to tell him that she was scared, but the image she upheld wouldn't allow it, besides, it's not like Grissom really cared.

(oh, burn lol)

"Ok even more the reason to get this paper work done and get the girls home. Wait where are they staying your place or mine?" sara asks.

"We're here," he parked as close to the waiting room as he could as he led Catherine inside.
After he made sure she was taken into a room by the nurses, he sighed and went to fill out the necessary forms.

He was a few questions in when he got a phone call.
It was Greg and he was a little over his head.
"If you need to, get Warrick to help you. I'll be there as soon as I can."
He hated to leave her alone, but he figured she would be in good hands. He finished up and left, informing the nurse where to contact him and what to tell Catherine when she got out.

(Aw man, she's gonna be pissed lol)
Catherine sat in the doctors office for a few hours while they ran some tests and check her out. They gave her a few pain killers and told her to get some rest. She talked to her nurse as she was getting ready to leave. "Where is Grissom?" she asked her, he was no where in sight.

Back