Broken (Vegas RP)

Catherine was left standing there staring at the floor. "You should be the last one asking me if something is wrong Grissom." she said in a shakey voice as a tear slid down her face. She sat down on the bench behind her, wondering what she was going to do with herself now.

Grissom just watched the two men leave, wondering why everyone seemed so upset today. Then his focus turned to Catherine.
'Was she crying?'
He didn't know what to do. Out of everyone, he always thought Catherine was the strong one. She never cried in front of him. Not even when Eddie died.
He had no idea what to do, so he did the only thing that he could think of.
"Catherine, take the rest of the day off. It looks like you need it." As soon as he said those words he could tell it was the wrong thing to say.
She was not happy.

"I'm fine Grissom." she stubbornly said, more tears forming in her eyes. She kept her eyes trained on the floor and never looked at him.

"Catherine, you're crying. That is not fine. What's wrong?" He was confused and tried to find out what was bothering his CSI.

Catherine didn't know how she was going to get around this. He was going to dig at her until she told him everything, all her secrets would be revealed. She didn't want to tell him, because she knew that there was a slim chance he felt the same way. "Nothing is wrong Grissom." she said stubbornly, with a weak cracky voice. She knew that he would press further, and she desprately tried to think of an excuse.

"Grissom, did you or do you have feelings for someone who doesn't have them back? That's the situation I'm in okay? I've been stressed out all day because of it, and nothing is going to make it any better."

(I'm tempted to use the 'ol "sparkle in the eye" bit again lol)

(Hmmm... I could go in a different route with this, you know maybe he doesn't feel the same... how sad. Too sad! I couldn't do it!)

Grissom understood the feeling, but he also realized it was no time to be showing emotions. Especially at work.
"I know what you're going through. But you can't be acting like this at work. We should talk about this later, Catherine. I strongly suggest you go home. You'll feel better." He offered her a comforting smile and walked to his office.
He didn't want to leave her there alone, but he had too much to do.

(arrrrg! GRISSOM AND HIS STUPID WORK! lol)

Catherine sighed as she left for her office. She sat there at her desk and did paperwork for the next 4 hours. She looked at her clock and realized that she was now in her 2nd hour of over time. She stopped what she was doing and walked to the locker room to get herself a change of clothes and her purse. She wanted to ask Grissom if he would come to her place and talk, but he was probably working, and didn't have time for that. She figured he would call her when he was ready...or at least she hoped.

(I know, right? :D)

Grissom went over the evidence with Greg. Brass already contacted him and told him the court appointed lawyer was ready, but Grissom wasn't ready to speak to him until they had a solid case.
Heading over to Greg, he watched what the young CSI was doing.
"We got any prints off the murder weapon?"

Cassie and Brenda looked up when Sara walked up to them. "Hi Ms. Sidle." Cassie said, crawling onto Nick's chair and sitting down. Brenda soon crawled up to join her, still in her usual quietness.

Grissom just sighed, "Keep trying. I have to check on the blood in DNA. Keep me updated," Grissom told him and walked off to the DNA lab.

Before he could ask, Wendy gave him the results, "The blood on the weapon did not belong to the wife or the husband."
Grissom thought it over, "Try comparing it to the DNA of the girls.
"Yes sir."

"Yep.. Nick gave us a couple things to do." Cassie replied.

((I can't RP the girls.. I suck :lol: ))
---
Nick walked back to his work area to check on the girls, seeing Sara with them. "Hello pretty ladies." He grinned.

(You're doing fine. ShuriyuCSI I'm trying to be too scientific! I'm bringing back some drama. :))

Grissom found something probative in the photographs they took of the house. He spotted something and felt he was ready to face the father again.
"Brass, bring in the guy."
"Alright Grissom," he shot a look at the tense entomologist, "Don't make it personal."

(Bring in the father! :D)

Back