Broken (Vegas RP)

Catherine looked back at Grissom for a minute and then looked back to Greg. She looked at him before smothering him in a hug. "I just needed someone to help me, that was it." she told him. "Thank you Greg."

Nick looked over and saw the father get dragged back into interrogation. Nick's brow furrowed before he looked around to see Greg and Catherine. He looked to Sara for a moment before saying that he'll catch up with her later. He walked over to Greg and Cath, his head tilted to the side with a curious expression.

(Who knows what Grissom thinks! Well... I guess I should :lol:)

Brass just glared at him, "So you attack a CSI and expect a lawyer? I don't think so pal."
Grissom shot one last look at Catherine before he walked over and sat down, "How about you answer some questions? Where were you on the night of your wife's murder?"

"Err, your welcome," He patted her back awkwardly, "No prob. Just go home get some rest if you need it. It might be a good idea to get away from Gri-- work."

----

"Isn't it true that everyone has a right to a lawyer? Isn't that going against my rights?" He said angrily his fists clenched, "That bitch was getting in my face what do you expect me to do? She's telling me I can't see my foster children, the ones I adore" He cringed a little going over the top, "And no I had no idea she was murdered." He lied, avoiding their real question.

Catheirne pushed away from Greg and looked up at Nick. "Grissom took me off of the case." there was no more that needed to be said after that, they all knew how Cath could get over things like that.

(oo, he called her a bitch....uh oh lol)

Grissom glared at the guy. He didn't particularly like that he insulted his CSI.
"Alright. You'll get a lawyer - would you like to pay for one or wait in jail for a court appointed lawyer?"

Nick looked at Greg once and saw his slightly awkward-feeling look. Soon he looked to Catherine and gave her an appologetic look. "Sorry Cath.."

"Hell, do you think I'm rich? I ain't paying for a damn lawyer." He said and stood up, "Bring me back to my cell, officer."

Catherine sighed and looked down. "Thanks Nick." she told him as she looked back to the interrogation room. "If only Grissom was as caring as you guys were." God, could she make it any more obvious that she had a thing for Grissom? She hoped the two CSI's didn't notice, but she was pretty sure that they already knew.

Nick nodded before his suspicions were confirmed. Grissom, what the hell'd you do to her? he thought to himself. Nick hugged Catherine when she looked down at the floor. He quietly whispered to her. "He'll realize what he did.. And he'll realize it was wrong to dismiss someone like that.. Time, Cath."

((I can sort of see why Grissom did it too.. Conflict of interest and attachment to the case.))

(I can too, but she knows that there's more behind it lol)

Catherine nodded and rested her head on his shoulder. "Thanks Nick, it just would have been nice to know that he at least cared about something over his job. I thought that was possible, but I guess I was wrong." she told him, now referring to how he left her there for his work.

"Take him back to his cell, Brass"
Grissom was getting annoyed. The guy was hiding something, he just knew it deep down in his gut. But they needed evidence, not gut-feelings.

He stepped outside a little confused at the 'gathering' near the interrogation office.
"Nick, Greg. What are you doing here?" His eyes turned to Catherine who looked upset.
"Catherine - is something wrong? You shouldn't be standing around, we need something to convict the guy."

(And you just witnessed the ole' foot into mouth routine that Grissom is known for. Aka: saying the wrong thing. :lol:)

"We were..." Greg trailed off, looked at Nick and grabbed his arm, "We were leaving." Then they took off down the hallway, "Let them sort stuff out, alone."

Nick smiled to Catherine lightly before hugging her a little tighter then releasing her. "He'll realize it eventually.."

When Grissom came out of interrogation and said that, it just rubbed him the wrong way. "Excuse me, Grissom? One, I work here, two, I'm comforting a friend. Or are we all colleages here and friendship is not allowed?-" Nick was dragged away by Greg, actually happy the younger CSI did that because Nick was now regretting what he said. "Thanks G.. I agree with you actually.."

Back