Broken (Vegas RP)

(That's why I did it. :))

"Oh, the man who brought you in?" the nurse inquired, "he wanted to tell you he was going back to work and he hoped you felt better."
The nurse handed Catherine an envelope, "He left some money for you take a cab." It contained a twenty dollar bill.

Catherine wanted to cry. He was that one that insisted she go to the hospital, and now he left her? She hoped he had gone back to the lab so that she could talk to him. She shook her head as she took the money and called herself a cab. Within minutes she was back at the lab. She walked straight back to her office and stubbornly sat down, looking across the hall to Grissom's office. She couldn't tell if he was in or not. He had pulled the shades down.

(Oh now she's super pissed lol)

(Should've known. But I must address the issue of the two girls...)

Grissom was reviewing the files, he suddenly got another call, "Greg? I thought I told you to get Warrick- what!?"
He was shocked. Brenda and Cassie were not in the interrogation room anymore.
Somewhere between Catherine getting attacked and taking her to the hospital, they dissapeared.
"Where was the cop? He was supposed to be guarding them!"
Greg explained that the cops were trying to detain the foster father, and he was only gone for a minute.

"Damn," Grissom felt his pulse rise. He just talked the Child Service agents to trust him and his CSIs and now the little girls were gone.
"Get Nick and Sara, and find the girls!"

(Catherine to the rescue!)
Cath looked at one of her files and needed to check something out in the morgue. She walked in and heard little breaths coming from under one of the tables. She decided not to do anything about it and just get what she needed and left. She walked to Grissom's office. "Grissom, you know that Brenda and Cassie are in the morgue, right?" Cath asked before stubbornly leaving him to his beloved work.

Grissom looked up in surprise, "What? The two girls are in the morgue? Why didn't you get them?" he was relieved and a little upset, not noting how angry Catherine looked.
Following her outside, he contunued.
"Greg is freaking out, Sara and Nick are trying to page me, asking me what happened... Are they still there?"

Catherine turned around in an angry flare. "I didn't get them because they looked scared, and I didn't want to force them out of the morgue, and yes, they are still there. It's not like they are going anywhere Grissom I.....they don't feel safe here." she said, correcting herself.

Grissom just absorbed the information and left to find Nick or Sara. He made sure to say a quick thanks before leaving, and he decided to call Nick, "The girls are okay, they're in the morgue. If you want meet me down there." he quickly hung up before the Texan could reply.

Grissom got to the morgue, spying the girls in a corner....
'How do I get them out?' he wondered as he avoided their gaze, and pretended like he didn't notice them. He didn't want to startle them.

Cassie saw the second figure enter the morgue,
"Just stay quiet Brenda, he'll go away like the last one, just stay quiet" She whispered, to the little girl who's eyes were still slammed shut.

Grissom cleared his throat, "I wonder where those two girls are? Nick and Sara would be awfully sad that they ran off. Brenda and Cassie shouldn't be alone by themseleves - especially since Nick and Sara agreed to take care of them for the time being," he spoke outloud hoping to get the girls to come out on their own.
He walked closer to where they were hiding, just in case.

Catherine looked around, she wondered where the heck Nick was. She brushed it off, letting Grissom handle it on his own as she sat down at her desk and buried herself in paperwork, thinking about what she was going to say to Grissom about leaving her at the hospital.

Cassie was shaking, as was Brenda,
"W-we can't come out...HE'S here..." she muttered, quietly, just loud enough for Grissom to hear.

It finally dawned on him why the ran off.
"I hope the two girls aren't worried about their father hurting them. He was taken away and locked up. He won't hurt them anymore... Nick and Sara care about the girls... and they would do anything to protect them."
With that, he leaned down and stared right at the two girls.

(I gotta get going! Sorry, but I'll be back as soon as I can. If someone wants to be Grissom until then, be my guest!)

Cassie looked straight at him,
"Um hello." She said, inside she was terrified, but of course, being Cassie she would never show it, "We were--playing hide and seek. Um, your turn!"
Brenda's eyes stayed shut...

(sorry i have to share this thought...what if Grissom agreed to play hide and seek with the girls, and started hiding and Catherine walked in? That would be too funny..C: What are you DOING? hehe :lol:)

(She's pissed at him, she would probably just shrug it off lol. And when I say she's pissed, I mean she's PISSED. Next time she comes in contact with Grissom will not be pretty lol)

Back