British Fans... Who would you cast in CSI: London?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by JimJiminy81, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Horatios_Shades

Horatios_Shades Prime Suspect

LOL I can just see him 'nice to swab you, to swab you... nice!' anyone who hasn't had the pleasure of watching Brucie for what feels like the last 100 years has NO idea what i'm talking about now.... :lol:

2. Bluntforcetrauma

Bluntforcetrauma Witness

I love the idea of Andrew Lincon as the ebnglish version of Nick Stokes, you want to be careful you dont chose people with dodgy accents who will turn it into a guy richie cockney version of the show.

3. wibble

wibble Corpse

^ :lol:

That would be fun :p

How about Peter Firth as a supervisor? (the guy who's in charge in Spooks). I also wouldn't mind seeing Ken Stott, who played Det. Red Metcalfe in the Messiah cases on BBC1, as an Ecklie figure :lol: And have I mentioned Sean Bean yet? :devil:

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Does anyone remember Dominic Keating, who played Malcolm Reed on Star Trek Enterprise? He was born in Leicester, England. Do you think he would fit in to a CSI series? Maybe he could use his tricorder to examine the crime scene.

5. Astrid

Astrid Rookie

OOohhhh Good choices...love both spooks and Ken Stott. Adoring him at the moment in Rebus...although the series has just finished.

No soap stars for me......Stephen Fry would definately have to show up at some point as some expert.

I'd want it really dark and a little sinister.....no corkerneyyyyyssss like you guys said before. If you believe half of the movies or soaps you'd think theres only mobsters in London! :lol:

6. dove

dove Hit and Run

i know i said bruce but what about others with the comedy flare - i don't think i could see ricky gervais doing this. i also think that puting the show in london is a good thing but you need to have people who can do different language and i don't know many british stars who have.

7. talyra

talyra Hit and Run

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
    "We've got a 415 on Jones' farm!"
    The team drop their packs of cards, put down their cups of tea/slices of cheese on toast, wake up etc. and go into action, grabbing CSI kits and hopping into Hummers
    Next scene:
    Team get out of their Hummers and start walking as they can't get them round the corners in the narrow Welsh lanes
    Next scene:
    Hot Younger Male CSI: "My God, who would do something like this?"
    Glamourous Older Female CSI: "The first thing you learn in this job is that people are capable of anything."
    Enigmatic Boss CSI: "Let's get to work. Hot Younger Male, you're on the perimeter, so sod off. Glamourous Female, you come with me so we can indulge in some mild flirting and innuendo while we process the scene."
    Camera pans around to show the body of... a sheep.

(I was, by the way, born and raised in Wales.)

Mmmmm, that sounds like a pretty good idea :D

8. Elbystar

Elbystar Rookie

hee hee thats like the best idea!

9. Astrid

Astrid Rookie

Could the farmer please be could 'Old MacDonald' for punning purposes. ;)

10. talyra

talyra Hit and Run

^^ I was going for the Welsh thing, but that's funny too :D

No, not Ricky Gervais, he can only play one part and it's annoying. Unless we can have him as a guest star, getting killed, or playing a particularly obnoxious suspect. Can we also kill Jimmy Carr?
    Someone suggested Bill Bailey as a mad lab tech. I can see that working :D

11. hamstermoon

hamstermoon Hit and Run

I would cast Roger Allam as the lead CSI - seen him many a time on stage with the RSC, he's the right age and he can do angst wonderfully.

Couldn't they somehow do a crossover with our Waking the Dead or Slient Witness?

p.s I got so fed up of everything

12. dove

dove Hit and Run

what bout the blocks who do little britan - that would be a shock - them doing serieous -

i'm also welsh and mad - ha ha ha !

13. dove

dove Hit and Run

sorry i mean the bloaks

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Or what about Colin Firth?! He is soo sexy but I am not quite sure who he should pay...any ideas???

15. dove

dove Hit and Run

no colin should be baddie - he's always typecast as a goddie