British Fans... Who would you cast in CSI: London?

Advance apologies if a similar thread has been posted in the past, but I didn't see one, and this has been something I've wondered about for a while.

Imagine a fourth CSI show was commissioned and set in London... it's your job to create the team? Forget that crime scene investigators in Britain are referred to as Scene of Crime Officers (or SOCOs), and please play along... :p

One stipulation - the cast cannot feature any bigtime actors who are successful in movies right now. Ideally, my lead detective would be in the Clive Owen mould, but he's a megastar right now...

That being said, my team would be as follows:

LEAD INVESTIGATOR: Ray Winstone (a bit of a stretch, because Ray is very in-demand and reportedly turned down The Wire because he didn't want to be committed to a tv show for the amount of time it would require, but - dammit - it's my fantasy!)

LEADING LADY: Susan Lynch

JUNIOR INVESTIGATORS: Paul Nicholls, Emilia Fox and... help!

MAIN DETECTIVE: Jack Davenport...

OK, I'm running out of ideas, it seems, but that's sort of the fun of such an activity. I'm interested to hear other people's thoughts. Apologies again if I've stepped on someone else's territory, or bored you all to death! :p

OK i have never heard of any of the people you mention, so do the people you would cast have to be English?

Yeah, they are all English actors, mostly television based. I was trying to be realistic with the cast. For example, a dream English cast could include actors and actresses like Clive Owen, Kate Winslet, etcs, but if a London-based spin-off was commissioned tomorrow, the likelihood would be that the cast would be drawn from television regulars and unknowns… They preferably need to be British, unless you’re aware of any American actors who would definitely be able to pull off the right accents! :D

For the medical examiner, I would pick Patrick McGoohan or Patrick McNee. For the head supervisor, Diana Rigg or Patrick Stewart. Shift supervisor, Ian Ogilvy. Labrat, John Cleese. Since David McCallum is tied up with NCIS at the moment, I guess we can wait.

ooo, nice thread! My ideas would be...

Supervisor: Anthony Head (i know he's well known because of Buffy, but you sometimes need a big name to pull in the viewers!)
Detective: Andrew Lincoln
Lab techs: David Tennant, Claire Goose
Coroner: Richard Wilson/John Nettles

I agree with Horatio, I'd love to see ASH in the lead. I think Alexis Denisof could pull a role off too even though he only fakes the British accent.

Mel23 said:
I agree with Horatio, I'd love to see ASH in the lead. I think Alexis Denisof could pull a role off too even though he only fakes the British accent.
DOES HE FAKE HIS ACCENT OMG !!!!!!!!! i never knew but he would be good and anthony head would be good too

Antony head would be good also David Frost would be great too. Am not sure about rest of cast as we don't have good actors that have not been in TV soaps like Eastenders. Ahhhhhhh!!!

I just joined so I could post on this thread!

Some of these have been suggested, and I agree with them, so cheers to the original suggestors (is that a word??)
Shift supervisor (Grissom/Mac character): Patrick Stewart or maybe Helen Mirren? I know she's done Prime Suspect but everyone goes on about that as the one modern British cop show worth watching, and I'd like to see a woman in charge for a change, and this is a dream cast anyway :p
Leading lady: Meera Syal!! She's ace, we need a token ethnic minority, and she might not even kill me for making that comment ;) Not sure about males if we get Helen Mirren though - I don't really watch enough British-made TV.
Younger Male CSIs (there are always two): Yes please, I'll have David Tennent - not just for the show :devil: And maybe Marc Warren, who was Danny Blue from Hustle?
Younger Female CSI (there's only ever one): Keely Hawes? She's been in a lot of stuff, but I remember her as being pretty good in Spooks.
Coroner: Tony Head. I just think he'd be ace as the coroner :D
Main Detective: Umm. I've run out of British TV actors from stuff I like. I really, really should watch more British TV...

Back