British Fans... Who would you cast in CSI: London?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by JimJiminy81, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Rupert Penry-Jones, nice choice!

I actually think Trevor Eve (Waking the Dead) would be the perfect Grissom/Horatio/Mac character. He definately has the right intensity for the part.

2. wibble

wibble Corpse

Thanks! I think he would make a good Danny/Nick/Ryan-type character :)

Oh yeah, I can just imagine him as a lead CSI, stalking around the lab with his brooding epxression, barking out orders to the other CSIs :lol:

3. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

Sue Johnston would be good as Catherine Willows, don't you think?

4. wibble

wibble Corpse

^ Maybe we should just move the whole Waking The Dead cast into a new CSI: London show :lol: Of course, they would bring back Claire Goose as a Sara-type CSI :) I'm not sure if I can imagine Sue Johnston as a CSI though. At least, I don't think she'd be as well-suited as Trevor Eve to Gil Grissom. I can't really explain why at the moment. Just that her personality doesn't fit the role, or maybe I am just biased because she is older than Marg :confused:

5. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

How about Charles Shaughnessy (Maxwell Sheffield on The Nanny) as the Grissom type, and Daniel Davis (Niles the butler) as the Hodges type. Just as long as they don't bring Fran Drescher with them. (Owwww. My ears hurt every time I read or hear that name. Or voice.)

6. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

Does age relly matter? I was thinking more in terms of experience.

7. wibble

wibble Corpse

No, I'm not saying age matters - I think my explanation there is a little hazy (and still is :p).

I was commenting that personally, I find it difficult to envisage Sue Johnston as a CSI and was speculating as to why this might be. As she is older than Marg and looks very different from her, I was merely saying this may be one of the reasons why I cannot picture her in the role. Perhaps if I saw Sue playing the part of a lead CSI, it would help me with my decision on her suitability for the part. Of course, age doesn't actually matter, and I'm sure Grace's experience as a character would more than qualify her as the role of a lead CSI. :)

8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Sue Johnston just doesn't look like she would get her hands dirty, although maybe she could be more of a support role rather than a CSI?

Moving from Waking the Dead to Silent Witness, how about Emilia Fox? She could be a good Calleigh/Lindsay type character. Eager to please, pretty, but likes getting her hands dirty and is really as tough as nails.

9. talyra

talyra Hit and Run

Dear God, not Billie Piper, please!

We could do CSI:London, CSI:Birmingham and CSI:Glasgow with all the names we've got! :D

10. moosai_girl

moosai_girl Victim

I totally agree about not letting Billie Piper on the show. I think she got enough screen time in Dr. Who... acting with David Tennant. So unfair! Also we should do CSI:Nottingham because everyone says it's rubbish but it's really not. Sorry, I'm slightly protective of places :lol:

11. midnight_song

midnight_song Dead on Arrival

When I read talyra post I had the same thought , we should have CSI:Nottingham. All the shows go to London or Glasgow and Notts would be a interesting place for the CSI's

12. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Don't forget CSI Sheffield! :lol:

Sean Bean! Need I say more?

13. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

Yes, Grace Foley would play the part of Sara extremely well, don't you think? That still leaves the problem as to who would play the role of Catherine!

14. dove

dove Hit and Run

i think that the -
    director of lab - patrick stuart
    Coroner - stephan fry - hes got the manner for it
    csi leader - anthony head - got class
    the twin girls from hollyoaks - the lab people
    the dci - david tennent - scot - you need one !
    the lady who played chrissie watts - complete opposite of leading ladd
    andrew lincoln would be good
    and the zoe lucker - from footballers wifes

that would be my idea

a few years back i did a post but on this but not many answered i hope this gets through more
    please please please i hope they make a extra which ends up with them all over here

15. moosai_girl

moosai_girl Victim

me thinks we all have a bit of an obsession with David Tennant!!! I really think he'd be good 'cos he's got a really calming voice. he'd be kinda like Horatio, sort of.