Bones *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by allmaple, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I normally enjoy Bones, but this ep ticked me off. :scream: I hated the fact that they pretty much assassinated Zach's character before writing him off. It did seem to come out of nowhere for me, and yeah, I thought it was fairly sloppy writing, too. I wish they would have given Zach's character a little nicer send-off, instead of suddenly turning him into a killer... :(

2. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

I agree with you MBGrissom, he does deserve a much better send off. I love Zach and it was horrible that this happened the way it did.

BUT because this is what happens I will just have to deal with it. What I don't understand is why people are going off the show because of one bad episode. I am still going to watch it!

Did anyone else find Hodgins slightly creepy? :lol:

3. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Wow. That was really a "jump the shark" moment for "Bones." :scream:

Nothing, NOTHING in Zach's character indicates that he would have done that. :mad:If he had been approached by Gormogon, he would have talked to somebody about it, Probably Hodges.

It's really an insult to the viewers' intelligence to go there with it, for one, then, it totally assasinates Zach's character in the worst way.

Then, it reduces Gomogon, the villian that they've been looking for all season, into some cardboard psychopath noshing on people in his basement, A la Leatherface.

One of the things I've noticed about all the shows' finales since the strike is that the writers have been either smoking something they shouldn't, or have been shopping at ClichesRus, or the Lame Idea Emporium for their ideas.

It's been nothing but "Cops in Danger" and "When Good Cops/scientist/whaterver Go Bad" in all the shows I've watched. It's getting old. I can understand how the writers want to keep people interested, but this is just horrendous writing. About the only one I've liked is "CSI," I think the way they did that was really good. It was respectful and true to the characters.

I've been into "Bones" pretty much since the beginning. It actually got me into CSI and CSI: New York and some of the other forensic type shows. However, I'm not sure I'll be watching it anymore. This is just too far.

What I'm hoping is that this was all a bad dream. A delusion Booth had after he was shot, and he wakes up in the hospital saying that he'd had the weirdest dream. Then Sweets can be Gormogon's assistant, and they can bring back Gordon Gordon.

Just my $.02

4. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I haven't seen the ep yet so I can't really comment, but I'm absolutely shocked and astounded- I mean Zach, it's just so not like him... I'm just speechless...

5. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Ok don't get mad at me, but if the writers wanted to boot someone from the show, I'd rather it be Zach or Cam. And well it was one of them. Maybe they just wanted shock value, you know the last likely person to be an apprentice to a deadly serial killer.

But I agree I didn't like that they reduced Gormagon to a couple of minutes of screentime, only to have him shot by Booth. Like Sweets said, he was a nobody.

I don't think it was a "jump the shark moment". I still love the show. But I also agree Zach deserved a better send off. But I don't think it warrants people getting put off the show and stopping watching Bones.

Still I loved the ending scene too. B&B sitting on the steps awww... so sweet. :)

No, but I loved that he came clean about the lead levels in the water even thought that made him a suspect.

6. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Oh, I'm not mad at you, or even that mad about Zack being booted. Yeah, they had to boot someone. It could have been worse. I do agree, I liked Dr. Goodman from Season 1 better than I liked Cam, but oh well.

However, what I'm upset about is the way they did it. Completely OOC for Zack to do that, IMO. If they were gonna boot him, I'd rather that they had him be one of Gormogon's victims.

Zack worked really hard to get the full time position at the Jeffersonian. He cut his hair, changed his look and put a lot of effort into ensuring that juries would take his testimony seriously. Too much for him to throw it away just for Gormogon. I do agree he was somewhat of a weak personality, but not that weak. He was somewhat of a loner and socially awkward, but put a lot of effort into trying to belong to the team. They were his family in a real way. I also don't think that he would have rationalized murdering people that way.

That's why I feel it's a "Jump the Shark" moment. I know people can surprise you, but there was nothing I'd seen of him that would indicate him going there.

7. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i thought that was fabulous, nice to see bones let a little bit of emotion out.

that would have been great. they could have done a lot with that story, how the team couldnt solve the case before losing one of their own. although they do technically lose zach...

exactly, if gormogon had approached him he would have gone straight to booth. or bones. he would have been seen as a hero.

8. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

So, I'm a little unclear as to why they had to boot someone in the first place? Budget constraints? Can someone please enlighten my foolish brain? :lol:

9. eveninstarz14

There really hasn't been any reason (good enough in my mind) for why he was let go :rolleyes:. It just happened....seriously someone needs to bop the writers on the head for the lack of good television *sigh*

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I was a little upset to see Zach go. I liked him best next to B&B. But, I kind of like Sweets too. I would have rather Cam been the one to go. I didn't care much for her from the moment she came on the show. I too liked Dr. Goodman better. Although, I did like Cam's reaction when B&B told her Zach was the assistant. I don't think anyone saw that coming. Hodgins was doing that crazy-eyes thing and was a bit creepy, but I knew it wouldn't be him... was just too obvious.

However, when they mentioned that thing about a strong personality (Gormogon) finding a weak one (Zach), it did kind of make sense. Zach seems kind of self-concious. Remember how he couldn't believe that he had missed something on the skull in the last episode and was upset that Clark knew a trick he didn't know. I wonder if they are going to bring Clark in as Zach's replacement. He's been on the show twice now and was Zach's replacement when Zach was in Iraq. Speaking of Iraq, I think it would have made more sense if they had used Zach's time in Iraq as a reason he was so mentally weakened. It would have made more sense. Many soldiers come home from wars damaged mentally. I believe Zach even mentioned that it was too hard over there seeing all the horrors of war or whatever. It could have caused him to slowly have a mental breakdown or something and that's how he was weak enough for Gormogon to get to him.

The bathroom scene was hysterical. I laughed about Booth reading a Green Lantern comic book because David Boreanaz did the voice of Green Lantern in the animated Justice League movie recently.

Did anyone else notice how Bones kept her eyes on Booth's face during the whole bathroom scene after he stood up. She never looked down. I thought that was funny. I don't think most people would be able to help themselves from looking down. It's almost like an instinct. :lol:

The episode before the finale, I just have to say that it was so good to see Ace Young again and to hear him sing. He's got a nice voice and it very easy on the eyes too. :drool:

Back to the finale: I saw that whole "Bones hitting Booth" scene coming as soon as I saw him in the cemetary. I thought it was funny that she was mad at him for not telling her he was alive, but then when they found out that Sweets was the one who was supposed to decide who to tell, she didn't get mad at Sweets for not telling her. :lol: Booth being like "Why aren't you mad at him?" was too funny.

On another note: What is it with these shows and similar names? Bones has Hodgins, CSI LV has Hodges and Criminal Minds has Hotcher. It can be kinda confusing. :lol:

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  11. eveninstarz14

Exactly! While it may of not been the most well written episode, I found the logic that Zach and Brennan engaged in to be mind stimulating (although I had to watch it a second time because I was too much in shock of it being him!)

Brennan was probably telling herself "don't look down, don't look down..." over and over to herself :devil:

Writers and creative names just don't mesh! Don't even get me started on Dan, Danny, and Daniel as well as Jack! :lol:

Oh, and I am not going to stop watching this show because of one bad episode. As much as I love Zach, it made the most sense for him to go. Not the best way but I saw it coming eventually.

12. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: She probably was! And did I mention how funny it was that Booth was wearing a beer hat? Brennan's reaction to that was priceless. I was doing this: :guffaw:

13. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Really? Now I understand why he was reading that comic :lol:

Yup great self-control I know I'd have looked :devil: Bathroom scenen was way too hilarious.

Yeah I was wondering about that too.

14. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, I noticed it right away only cause I had just recently watched that Justice League movie. :lol: I love it when they do things like this on shows though. Like on that one ep of Numbers, they had Alan (Judd Hirsch) and either both sons, or just Don watching TV and then you hear the theme from Taxi (which Hirsch was in). I didn't pick up on that one though cause I was probably too young when Taxi was originally on (if it even was on after I was born), but my Dad pointed it out to me (and I have seen a few eps of Taxi on Nick at Nite :lol: ) and it made me laugh.

15. eveninstarz14

So turns out Bones is following House's lead and there are going to a group of graduate students to try to take over Zach's place (BTW did we ever figure out the exact way to spell Zach? or was it Zack? :p) I don't know if I like this...

Writers really need to start getting more creative :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.