Bones *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by allmaple, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i was just wondering if anyone had seen the new fox series 'bones'. its based on the books by forensic anthropologist kathy reichs. its really interesting because it focuses mainly on the forensic side of solving crimes, although i think it does have the potential to be even better but its just getting started.
    ive enjoyed the episodes so far and wondered what anyone else thought.
    and just a little link to csi, alex carter who plays detective vartan was in an episode of bones a few weeks back

2. Jaer

Jaer Police Officer

Re: Bones

I have loved the Kathy Reichs books and even though the TV show isn't like them, which actually makes me happy, I have loved the show. They don't dumb down the forensics for their audience. I wasn't sure I'd like the series...not a huge David Boreanez (?) fan, but he actually does a really good job. He and Emily Desc--something or other that I can't remember how to spell...Deschanel? --anyway, they play off each other really well.

I really love the accuracy of the forensics...even though they're played with a bit for TV as well. So stoked that it's on tonight. Last weeks ep was awesome.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't mean to be rude, but we have a topic on this already somewhere.
    But the search had been disabled for the past two days, so I can't search for it. :confused: :confused: :devil:

4. allmaple

allmaple Judge

sorry, didnt see it when i looked through this afternoon

5. GilGrissomCSI

GilGrissomCSI Coroner

I will link you to the thread when I can get the darn Search to work.

But Bones has been very good so far. The reason I started watching it was because David Boreanaz is on it (hoootttttttt!), and it turned out really good. I love it.

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah, I like it more and more every week. It has a good cast and the writing's much kookier than I expected, so I', quite liking it. :)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Don't worry, I have started way too many posts that are already there. ;) ;) :)
    I love Bones too, I originally started watching it for David Boranaz also, but then I got into the show, its a lot better than I originally thought it would be.

8. BabaOReilly

Last night was a good episode. it was cool to see the forensics scientist under a different sort of pressure in the courtroom. Despite having solved the murder early in the episode this time, I still found the rest of the show really entertaining and compelling.

I think Bones may very well be one of my favourite new shows this season. :)

9. Jaer

Jaer Police Officer

I loved last nights ep. This is easily my favorite show on television right now. The writing is so different from a normal crime drama, but they manage to make the crimes interesting too. Last week with the guy about to be executed was just great.

I'm such a nerd, but I love it when they start carrying on two conversations at once, once personal and the other technical. And the guys sizing up her old professor last night was just funny.

10. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i get really involved in the shows that i like, so when the temerance's teacher was twisting the evidence to make the jury think she was wrong, i got very angry at him. its sad to think that there are people out there who actually do that. this situation was similar to the csi episode 'secrets and flies' where the other entimologist rigged his experiment to make the jury believe the man on trial was guilty.

11. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

This looks interesting, but I haven't watched it because it conflicts with "NCIS". If it moves to a different day or timeslot (unless it moves opposite Lost or CSI:NY) I'll probably start watching it.
    Got a question, though: does anybody know how the woman who plays the lead is holding up? Because it seems that every new show I started watching last season (i.e. "Numb3rs" and "CSI"NY") had one of the female leads leave after the end of the first season. If they're just going to be recasting the show next summer, i think Ill wait to start watching until the "real" lead actress joins the cast.

12. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

The main character, Temperence Brennan, was created for a series of books, based on the life of the writer and one of its producers, Kathy Reichs. If the actress decides to leave, they would have to come up with a whole new character. Though it is possible, that seems unlikely. Emily Deschanel probably knows that she is carrying the show and is not used for just set decoration, like some female regulars in other shows.

13. allmaple

allmaple Judge

thats why i tape it and watch it after!

14. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

From TVGuide.com online, November 30:

Bones relocates to Wednesday at 9 (ouch) starting Jan. 25

(Now it will be up against Crimial Minds and Lost.)

15. BabaOReilly

Ih oh. That's going to be a problem. I'm already taping LOST while I watch Veronica Mars... Hmmm...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.