"Big Shots" Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Tananda I fixed your quote problem in your above post. Also you have 24 hrs to Edit your post if no one has posted after you and you want to add something in, double posting is considered spam. For more help please see the "Help Guide" tacked up in this forum. :)

Tananda said:
Agreed on the continuity thing but disagree on the assumption that everyone else deserves continuity before Greg. After all, TPTB owe him continuity since Season 3.

And I have to disagree again. :)
Compared to the other characters Greg got some continuity to the lab explosion.
In my eyes the lab explosion was the hour of birth of CSI-Greg.
Catherine felt quilty for what happened and she began to involve Greg more and more in the cases. For example the episode "After the Show", where she chose Greg to help her with the case.
And we had the Grissom/Greg scene in the lab, where Greg's hands began to shake and Grissom told him that his door is always open if he wants to talk.
Do you know what I would give for such a scene between Nick and Grissom? :(

I think when I would be a Greg fan than I would also say that he deserved more continuity, but in my eyes he already got more compared to the other characters.

I agree with Bine,; Greg's always gotten contiuity, plenty of it. Nick are the big losers on that department. Nick gets thrown out a window, breaking ribs and his wrist. Then they all walk out on him while he stands there, looking at the man that nearly killed him. Next week there's not a sign on him. At least Griss talked to Greg about his ordeal. has anyone ever bothered with what happened to Nick? Nope, it's a team that's friggen stone-cold and downright scary wih their dismissal of a team membeI. it's starting to remind me of harrassment, Nick surely is not worth the same as the rest of the crew.

After what I've seen about the team dynamics and their treatment of Nick (all except for Warrick that actually seems to care), I've learned to dislike the lot of them.

that's not how you treat a colleague.

I wish they kill Nick off so GE can get out off this stupid soap. His talent can take him anywhere, he just needs to get out of this soapy thing - formerly known as CSI.

It's about time Greg got some screentime. How long has Eric been a show star and yet he's hardly in most eps. In fact, I think we saw him more when he was only a recurring character. I just think it's about time. CSI is coming to the end of its 7th season, how long is it going to go on? It's only fair that we get to see more character development for Greg before the show ends.

I'm not saying you're wrong about the continuity though, I think you're probably right. I just think that out of all the others, Greg has the least screentime, so I think it's fair. Anyways, off my soap box now.

Back to the topic, I feel sorry for Greg. It's not his fault that both Mrs James' children are criminals.

Vegas has always been terrible with continuity, so it isn't just Nick they are picking on. I like Nick, but I am glad they took a break with storylines with him, because Greg never gets any! Now they need one for Warrick!

S_Bright said:
At least Griss talked to Greg about his ordeal. has anyone ever bothered with what happened to Nick? Nope, it's a team that's friggen stone-cold and downright scary wih their dismissal of a team member. it's starting to remind me of harrassment.

After what I've seen about the team dynamics and their treatment of Nick (all except for Warrick that actually seems to care), I've learned to dislike the lot of them.

that's not how you treat a colleague.

I wish they kill Nick off so GE can get out off this stupid soap. His talent can take him anywhere, he just needs to get out of this soapy thing - formerly known as CSI.
Wow, lets have some fun with hyperbole. :)

Seriously now, If you don’t like the show then what are you doing here. Personally it seems to me like what you really what is a soap opera since you seem to be advocating having them all stand around and talk about their feelings (well, stand around talking about Nicks feelings at least), which just isn’t the way CSI is. They say one or two little things here and there, and that’s usually about it when it comes to characters being all supportive of each other, like what Grissom said to Greg after the lab explosion or Sara’s little talk with Nick in Shooting Stars, or Catherine’s concern for Nick when he told her about that babysitter thing (I might be tempted to give more examples of other characters being nice to Nick but pretty sure at any rate that the team doesn’t actually hate him) if your looking for anymore than that your gonna be disappointed.

xfcanadian said:
Vegas has always been terrible with continuity, so it isn't just Nick they are picking on. I like Nick, but I am glad they took a break with storylines with him, because Greg never gets any! Now they need one for Warrick!

Who's Warrick? :D Oh the one that had an episode centered around him in S3? I'm all for equal screentime, but not all Greg/Gris/sara under one seanon. There has got to be ways to spread it out.

Greg has had 3 episodes centered around him this season, and there will probably be more. He's right up there with Cath!drama. It's simply too much to have in one season, especially when itäs personal drama.

nic's had what 1 of personal drama, GD, and the team was very much involved in that ep.

Nick's not really had a storyline, he's had episodes, And Gum drops he had to take over becaus WP had to take some time off. I don't know any Nick story line like Greg's becoming a CSI took ålae during the entire S5 and S6 or his civil suit in S/, Sara's tormented childhood and her romance, Griss hearing loss and the romance or Cath's family- and male problems.

The closest you come to a Nick's storyline was the hooker in S1. warrick had his storyline in S1 too, then nothing.

They promised a Warrick arc this year. I've waited but enough is enough.

GE and GD need to get off the sinking ship.

Wow, lets have some fun with hyperbole.

Seriously now, If you don’t like the show then what are you doing here. Personally it seems to me like what you really what is a soap opera since you seem to be advocating having them all stand around and talk about their feelings (well, stand around talking about Nicks feelings at least), which just isn’t the way CSI is. They say one or two little things here and there, and that’s usually about it when it comes to characters being all supportive of each other, like what Grissom said to Greg after the lab explosion or Sara’s little talk with Nick in Shooting Stars, or Catherine’s concern for Nick when he told her about that babysitter thing (I might be tempted to give more examples of other characters being nice to Nick but pretty sure at any rate that the team doesn’t actually hate him) if your looking for anymore than that your gonna be disappointed.

Sorry I had no idea I wasn't allowed to spek my mind or be here. I'm lost. So sorry for speaking my mind and having an opinion. But thank you for telling me what I want, I had no idea that's what I wanted. I stand corrected. I want the soap. :rolleyes:

And I must have totally missed sara's little talk to Nick in Shooting Stars. My bad.

Well, I see everyone has his own opinion and when people won't admit that Greg got far more continuity than the rest of the cast, then I can't change it. People will think what they want.

Seriously now, If you don’t like the show then what are you doing here.

Oh, wow, that means we shouldn't post if we had something negative to say.
That would be wrong in my opinion, it's a discussion board and lets face it a lot of people (not GSR and Greg fans) are disappointed with CSI right now and we also want to talk about it.

Personally it seems to me like what you really what is a soap opera since you seem to be advocating having them all stand around and talk about their feelings (well, stand around talking about Nicks feelings at least), which just isn’t the way CSI is. They say one or two little things here and there, and that’s usually about it when it comes to characters being all supportive of each other, like what Grissom said to Greg after the lab explosion or Sara’s little talk with Nick in Shooting Stars, or Catherine’s concern for Nick when he told her about that babysitter thing (I might be tempted to give more examples of other characters being nice to Nick but pretty sure at any rate that the team doesn’t actually hate him) if your looking for anymore than that your gonna be disappointed.

It's okay if you are happy with CSI, but others expect a little more from such an high rated show and CSI isn't as good as it could be.

So what ? this thing is strange ... because , for God's sake , Big shots is Catherine centered ! not Greg centered .
And Nick had a lot of continuity : in Bidies in motion , in Shooting Stars , in Daddy's little girl .
And I think you noticed that all season 7 is Greg , Sara and Grissom centered . Because it's logical . If thev finale is about Sara and Grissom , they need to finish the things with Greg too .
And what three Greg centered episodes were in season 7 ? Theree was Fannysmackin and Post Mortem . Only . So , if I'm wrong feel free and correct me .

Well tonights ep IS the third Greg-Centered episode and it was thought to be Catherine centered but it ISN'T.

Can we discuss the episode itself please?

Wojo said:

I knew it, just because some of us aren't talking nice about Greg you want to change the subject again.
This is sad, but I'm anyway tired of this discussion.
So, I'll leave you alone now and you can talk all nicely about Greg.

On the CBS Wiki page they have the opening scenes video up. Personally my computer froze trying to bring it up so I haven't seen it (not that innertube will work for me anyway).

Susan

bine said:
Wojo said:

I knew it, just because some of us aren't talking nice about Greg you want to change the subject again.

First of all the name of this thread is: "Big Shots" Discussion Thread *SPOILERS* So I am simply trying to get us BACK ON TOPIC. Sorry if you have a problem with that.

I'm just going to enjoy tonights episode.

bine said:
Wojo said:

This episode is "Big Shots". If you'd like to talk about messed up CSI is, and how much it sucks this eason take it to the Season 7 thread, why don't you?

As far as this episode being Cath!Drama, many thought it was going to be since we had all thought she had a big part of it, but it turned out to be Greg!Drama. The final episode of his storyline from Fannysmackin'. I'm looking forward to it tonight :D

Back