Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

• Mac Taylor

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Stella Bonasera

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Danny Messer

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Lindsay Monroe

Votes: 80 36.7%
  • Sheldon Hawkes

Votes: 20 9.2%
  • Don Flack

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Adam Ross

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Sid Hammerback

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Jessica Angell

Votes: 90 41.3%

• Total voters
kinkapoodles said:
I think all of these bloody shots of his wedding finger could be significant in indicating that his marriage soon be over when added to the fact they made sure to add in the 'til death do us part' line in 5x17. They could have used another line in the vows but CHOSE to use that one.

I still think it's Lindsay and to me, Danny's bloody fingers and showing his wedding band countless times makes me think he will be there when she dies (maybe she dies in his arms) and he's left with hands covered in blood just like the scene in 5x18.

Til death do us part is the most common thing used in wedding vows so I don't see how that has any significance. Wow, you all are so reading into this or is just cause most of you want it to be Lindsay?

Yeah, a lot of us want it to be Lindsay. Yeah, a lot of us are reading deeper meanings into camera shots and specific lines. That's what people do when they're trying to figure out a mystery. It's part of the fun of speculating. There wouldn't be much need for a thread about it if every one just said, "I think it'll be Lindsay" or "I think it'll be Hawkes." People have been speculating and reading deeper meanings into things to substantiate why it will be other characters as well.

Very well put, PA. ;)

kinkapoodles said:
I think all of these bloody shots of his wedding finger could be significant in indicating that his marriage soon be over when added to the fact they made sure to add in the 'til death do us part' line in 5x17. They could have used another line in the vows but CHOSE to use that one.

I still think it's Lindsay and to me, Danny's bloody fingers and showing his wedding band countless times makes me think he will be there when she dies (maybe she dies in his arms) and he's left with hands covered in blood just like the scene in 5x18.

Til death do us part is the most common thing used in wedding vows so I don't see how that has any significance. Wow, you all are so reading into this or is just cause most of you want it to be Lindsay?

Of course I want it to be Lindsay but that doesn't mean I need you questioning me reading into this just because of that. We all have a right to speculate any way we want to speculate. I do believe Lindsay is the most obvious choice by the FACTS we have about the character (lack of development, not focusing on her during the pregnancy, Anna already being part-time, etc.). I don't know who it is any more than anybody else but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop speculating and yes, most of my speculation will include her.

As for the 'til death do us part', it's not any more common in wedding vows than, I 'insert name here' take you 'insert name' here to be my lawfully wedding wife/husband, or 'with this ring I thee wed', or any other part of the vows. IMO, it's significant because they chose to use that, whether they did it on purpose or not.

kinkapoodles said:
As for the 'til death do us part', it's not any more common in wedding vows than, I 'insert name here' take you 'insert name' here to be my lawfully wedding wife/husband, or 'with this ring I thee wed', or any other part of the vows. IMO, it's significant because they chose to use that, whether they did it on purpose or not.

In my opinion it's not significant and all those parts of the vow you commented on are very common phrases. So that's my opinion that's what I was saying.

^ They are common phrases and personally I'm not one to think they had any major significance if any, but it is curious that during the segmented lines from their vows that they choose to stop the voice over on the "'til death" line.

Last edited:

OK, let's not get personal...people can speculate on whatever they like without their motives being questioned. I've seen plenty do it with Angell as well. ;)

I'd like for it to be Lindsay, but that's not the reason I think she's a strong candidate. Let's face it--this is a TV drama, and people don't get married halfway through a TV drama's run and live happily ever after. That alone makes her a strong candidate. The same can be said of Danny, but he's had a lot more development devoted to him, and he's a popular character. When you add in Lindsay's lack of development outside of Danny for the past two seasons and the fact that Danny is everyone's favorite drama queen--and there's no drama in happily ever afters--well, Lindsay's chances of surviving don't look great.

I don't want it to be Hawkes, but I think the arguments are as strong for him as they are for Lindsay at this point, more because Hill has so much going on and I could see him wanting to leave the show to pursue the many other opportunities open to him. He's a multi-talented man, and I could see him being ready to move on. That, coupled with Hawkes' involvement in the flash drive case which we know is part of the finale make him a strong candidate, too.

Those two are still the ones I suspect are the strongest candidates. I could be wrong, though.

^ They are common phrases and personally I'm not one to think they had any major significance if any, but it is curious that during the segmented lines from their vows that they chose to stop the voice over on the "'til death" line.

Indeed--I hadn't picked up on that, but that could be foreshadowing. Same with the ring. Or they could both be nothing. But the speculating is what's fun--once we find out who it is, we can't do this anymore. :p

kinkapoodles said:

In my opinion it's not significant and all those parts of the vow you commented on are very common phrases. So that's my opinion that's what I was saying.
As you can see above I said that 'til death do us part' was not any more common than the ones I quoted. I still think it's significant that out of ALL of those common phrases they chose 'I Lindsay Monroe', 'I Danny Messer', and 'til death do us part' as the phrases to use. It might just have been random BUT it also may have been on purpose.

kinkapoodles said:

As you can see above I said that 'til death do us part' was not any more common than the ones I quoted. I still think it's significant that out of ALL of those common phrases they chose 'I Lindsay Monroe', 'I Danny Messer', and 'til death do us part' as the phrases to use. It might just have been random BUT it also may have been on purpose.

That is interesting, I never noticed that, as I was in my filtering out tat mode. I'd still put money on it being Danny. Grissom had almost half a season build-up to leaving, it feels like Danny is having a full season build-up to leaving, as everything in season 5 is shown by how it affect the poor little minx.

That is interesting, I never noticed that, as I was in my filtering out tat mode. I'd still put money on it being Danny. Grissom had almost half a season build-up to leaving, it feels like Danny is having a full season build-up to leaving, as everything in season 5 is shown by how it affect the poor little minx.
That's possible too but it's also possible they're building him up to Lindsay leaving. It would make great angst for Danny in season 6 and as well all know, it's all about Danny.

That's possible too but it's also possible they're building him up to Lindsay leaving. It would make great angst for Danny in season 6 and as well all know, it's all about Danny.

It did make sense to focus closely on Danny, as he was an interesting, complex character, played by an excellent actor, people did want to know more about him. But they have gone about it all wrong and have totally destroyed the character, making him less interesting to watch and going by Carmine's apparent lack of focus, less interesting to play. For me, it is unlikely that they can redeem the character, as the very idea of being married / having been married doesn't gel with the character's personality. I know i'm probably alone in this, but the thought of a future of widower Danny would make me turn off. I little Danny angst goes a long way, I don't want to be drowning in it.

^ I agree, even though Danny was never a key compelling reason I got into the show. He was a bonus for how well done it was. The slide he's suffered over recent seasons has been kinda sad to see. Just faded, with the odd moment here and there that hints he could be salvageable. Or might once have been.

I think the first impulsive marriage proposal was in keeping with his character, Danny trying to find a way forward after Lindsay told him of the pregnancy. The chat with Mac notwithstanding, the second proposal was :vulcan:. They don't make sense, never have. Hence the whole quagmire of DL. The thought of a future widower Danny would have been more interesting if I'd bought the Special Unique Bond they supposedly had in the first place.

Perpetually angsty Danny does wear. Especially if only in response to Lindsay. I like quippy Danny, trying to be funny, Danny conversely being the straight man to strange situations or moments, brash Danny, Danny with a bit of fire to him. A little angst at this point does go a very long way. The best case scenario for that kind of fallout would be if they managed to handle it along similar lines to Mac and Claire, with a few concise, poignant moments that help let us in on the character. With Mac that's what it's done. With Danny, it would require believing the Luv shared between him and Lindsay to make it poignant, and I simply don't. Seeing him grieve still wouldn't necessarily deepen or evolve his character. I suspect we wouldn't get much beyond the predictable, and I wonder if it would be all but irresistable for TPTB in going forward to focus on the legacy baby as the latest and greatest character development. How exciting. DL forever tied even then. Til death ain't all it's cracked up to be. If instead Danny's the one to go and we're left with the flip version with Belknap's Lindsay grieving, well, wouldn't bode well, is all I'm gonna say, and leave it at that.

Right now, the DL relationship is not about Lindsay, nor the baby, but Danny trying to figure out if he really can be a changed man in light of it. It's an introverted response that leaves Lindsay and the pregnancy pretty much on the sidelines. Mind you that's another reason it would be so easy to see her as the one to go. I suppose it ultimately depends on what TPTB's goal is for S6.

In last year's off season, it was hinted at they'd done a whole lot of planning and thinking and prep work; I remember thinking that it really seemed to show because S5 started off strongly, polished, sure of itself, and that it later felt somehow muddled or compromised. I have liked the staggered 3-episode arc guest actors have had, I've liked that it's allowed different shows to touch on ongoing storylines, I think it's also allowed a more ambient season, for lack of better phrasing, where each ep can stand on it's own but is also part of a larger NY realm that has it's own background life. I can only hope that whomever dies in the finale, that S6 fares as well for that sort of structure, but fares better for character treatment in the aftermath.

A death could be a catalyst for a lot of good changes, and not just cheese. Hope so anyways. It's pivotal, and will make or break a lot of viewers, I'm sure.

So they kill off Danny and Lindsey stays? THEN what will they do with her???

I don't even want to think about that. :lol: But seriously, TPTB seem to cater to Lindsay/Anna despite poor characterization and poorer acting. I could definitely see her staying and someone else going. Which is a shame, IMO.

So they kill off Danny and Lindsey stays? THEN what will they do with her???

Whist I will be annoyed if Danny goes and she stays, I think I will be more annoyed if Hawkes goes and she stays. If Danny goes it is due to Carmine asking to leave and whilst I can understand he may be not be happy with the way his character is going at least he gets storylines and screentime. If Hill has asked to leave I would part a large part of that down to TPTB neglecting his character in favour of Lindsays, they admitted as much regarding season 2 and as far as I can see it is still happening. Hill is a very talented actor whose screentime is being taken up by, IMO a mediocre actor - a mediocre actor who admits Hill helped her get the part!

I've just read this review at blogcritics.com and I think the person who wrote it has a point when she says:
It seems the Big Apple crime lab may lose another family member. Speculation as to who is all over the map, so I am not going to guess. However, I would caution any reader to expand the definition of family by including characters who have made any sort of impact on the show. Those already deceased can probably be left out though.
I wish Lindsay left, but as time goes by, I think we'll be stuck with her for a long, long time while someone unimportant will kick the bucket.

Back