Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

• Mac Taylor

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Stella Bonasera

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Danny Messer

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Lindsay Monroe

Votes: 80 36.7%
  • Sheldon Hawkes

Votes: 20 9.2%
  • Don Flack

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Adam Ross

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Sid Hammerback

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Jessica Angell

Votes: 90 41.3%

• Total voters
I seriously hope it isn't her character that gets killed, but with her arc over on NY and this news I can see them having it be her. At least one person made the comment that they could kill her off without the character even appearing on screen and I agree with that. Again, I hope not because that would just be beyond lame.

Well, that's one way to "forever change the lineup" or "forever change the show" or whatever they are saying. If that's the case, I'll bet it affects Mac more than he thought possible (or, it just hits a sore spot with Mac, and why wouldn't it?). Ooooh, I hope he doesn't quit over something like that (yes, yes, I know, Gary signed a new contract, but....we all love speculation! LOL!)

And yes, it would be lame beyond lame :rolleyes:

Here's some pilot news from TVGuide.com:

Among other CBS pilot castings, Julia Ormond will play the head of surgery at the titular hospital in Three Rivers, a medical drama also starring one Alex O'Loughlin. Ormond as of late has appeared in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and guested on CSI: NY.

I seriously hope it isn't her character that gets killed, but with her arc over on NY and this news I can see them having it be her. At least one person made the comment that they could kill her off without the character even appearing on screen and I agree with that. Again, I hope not because that would just be beyond lame.

Anything's possible, but that would definitely be an Officer Jessop-style death. And if they did it off camera, like finding her body after the murder the way they did with Aiden, that would be really lame. I don't know what it would bring the show, other than to piss Mac off and make it personal. And maybe that's all they're going for. I still don't see that "chang[ing] the line-up forever" though.

I don't know what it would bring the show,

It would be a way to have everyone talking about it untill the show, and keep everyone happy because they can still have there favorite character. Lets face it the fans of Angel, Hawkes, Lindsey. Danny Flack. ETC ETC. dont want to see them killed and the shows ratings are doing well so kill off someone who has not been really established yet. I saw the article also and if Julia is playing a major role on her own series why promote someone elses?

Here's some pilot news from TVGuide.com:

Among other CBS pilot castings, Julia Ormond will play the head of surgery at the titular hospital in Three Rivers, a medical drama also starring one Alex O'Loughlin. Ormond as of late has appeared in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and guested on CSI: NY.

Am I dreaming or have I read an interview with her recently that she found it funny that all her characters would be killed? :confused:
I can´t find that article anymore.

But if that´s the way it is, it would give us a new definition of lame.

hey i don't know if this has already been asked, but whoever gets killed will they replace that character?? will there be a new cast member for season 6??

hey i don't know if this has already been asked, but whoever gets killed will they replace that character?? will there be a new cast member for season 6??

I don't think we've heard anything either way. If it is one of the main characters (CSI's) who dies then I think maybe they would bring a new person in. I don't know, but I personally think a new face might be a good thing. :)

AJ did an interview with TV Guide - it looks like TPTB made the decision to kill someone, not the actor who is leaving. And the actors won't know until they get the script - which will be in a couple of weeks, so hopefully we'll get spoilers soon after. :p

TVGuide.com: Speaking of things you can't talk about, let's discuss the season-finale death that reportedly will "forever change" CSI: NY....
Buckley:
Literally, when I found out that something was going down, I didn't sleep that night. The god's honest truth is that none of us know [who is being killed off]. We have no idea.

TVGuide.com: You're saying that at this moment [March 20], nobody on the cast knows who's dying?
Buckley:
Not one person. We have all been buzzing on the set, "Who is getting killed?" It's created so much anxiety! It could be any one of us. I'm terrified to open up the [season finale] script when we get it in a couple weeks. This is such a family, it will be devastating to see anybody go. No joke, I will cry, I'll be so bummed.
Knowing that TPTB seem to have made the decision, does that change your opinion of who might be leaving?

Knowing that TPTB seem to have made the decision, does that change your opinion of who might be leaving?

Not one bit. Maybe TPTB were wise and decided Lindsay was not pulling her weight on the show, and decided to write her out.

I still go with Lindsay.

I'm still not totally convinced no one knows. It's entirely possible that the person getting written out knows, either because he/she was told by TPTB when the decision was made or because he/she asked to be written out, but TPTB asked him/her to keep it quiet. Something similar happened when they killed off Katee Sackhoff's character, Starbuck, on BSG in season three. I think literally no one else in the cast knew until that episode, so that they'd react with appropriate shock.

If that's not the case, and AJ is right that no one knows, I'd guess then that is a more minor character--ie, someone not in the main credits. I can't believe they'd just kill of a regular and not tell the person in advance. All the actors and writers talk about how CSI: NY is a big, happy family, so I can't see them pulling the rug out from one of their regs like that.

I don't think it's AJ either way, though. ;)

Fay, thanks for that tidbit. I am in shock. Wow....is all I can say. Yet, they still don't even have the script for that ep yet? Wow, they really do cut it close with filming and such. That aside - wow....

Faylinn Thank you for the info from the TV guide. I am more than sure if A.J. cries then Adam on screen will too! How could the writers do that to him! and more importantly what Adam fan would be first in queue to comfort the little mite? Phew nearly got myself knocked down in the rush then :lol:

Seriously, TPTB are playing with our heads, yes whilst I agree it is fun speculating all this worry is seriously interfering with real life here. My children are starting to be a little afraid and concerned for me as I keep breaking down and shouting at them "there are more important issues at stake here girls, whats for dinner? help yourself!!" Bad mother :lol: "By the way whilst you are in the fridge pass me the wine! What do you mean it's only breakfast time ?":guffaw:

I do not think it will be one of the main leads, although I keep thinking Danny is on the road to self destruction, and obviously Sheldon, although so underused, Hill is so busy with his real life committements. I would be gutted as both characters still have potential for further development. Also rather cruel to keep it a secret from them, Nah who ever it is must surely know! IMHO Come on one big family eh! So naughty! I am not convinced.

But if I should have to make a decision now, I would go for firstly Angell, (i would be sad) and secondly, just because I think that TPTB could be so lame, Gillian. Hardly changes the line up I know, as I really do not think that Mac would be promoted, he don't like the politics in his lab! But my point is that I have found recent storylines that have started out so strong seem to be rushed at the end and I am left with a general feeling of disappointment and am left sitting in my seat thinking "Is that it then?":rolleyes:

These are my opinions and I don't doubt I will change my mind before I know for sure. But for the sake of my health and for the love of my family I should try to keep out of this thread. See you later then? ;)

I think AJ better watch what he says. Talking about how much he loves NY and how lucky he is to work on NY and Supernatural when someone is set to die in NY is risky. ;) :p

That bit is interesting. Nevertheless, I have my suspicions. Truth is, that I don't know jack about it, and it's only theories. I just have two of them.

First one is that the actors really don't know who is getting the kick in the finale, and they are worried and working their asses off just to make good impression. And there is also a possibility that even the writers haven't decided yet who is going to be the future jobless lucky one. But, how can you not know that you might end up unemployed, and I don't think that TPTB would do that, especially to actors that do such a famous show. On one hand, it is very difficult to keep a big thing like this a secret, but on the other hand why spoil the thing that would probably make the finale have sky-high rating?

Like I said in the beginning, I don't know anything, none of us do, and I think it would be fun after the finale to jump in this thread and read the speculations.

They don't know who's getting killed off? Wow... okay now for some reason I'm really starting to worry about Stella. :lol: I don't know why. I haven't heard anything about the Ella storyline wrapping up, so if Ella is obsessed with Mac and she sees Mac with Stella a lot, she may think Stella is a threat and decide to get rid of the threat. Most of me says nah they wouldn't get rid of Stella, but a small part of me is a little worried for her. :lol: But then again, that would still only leave one female in the cast, so I doubt they'd go there, but you never know.

Back