Best villians

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by ladyd10, Feb 15, 2009.

1. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

On any of the CSI franchise, who are your favorite bad guys and why?

Mine has to be from Miami: Clavo Cruz. He was a fantastically written bad guy because he was actually sympathetic. He was wonderfully flawed and sensitively played by Gonzalo Menendez. I was actually sad when they killed him off.

2. MissKraft

MissKraft Rookie

I would choose Paul Millander, from CSI Vegas.

The backstory of the character, and its execution, was brilliant.
    An arch-nemesis, to Grissom, he toyed with him brilliantly. Each ploy was suddle, yet they spoke volumes. It was so enjoyable to see how Grissom became frustrated at Millander, knowing he been had.

It was such a disappointment, wheh this character ended up killing himself. As he could have done so much for the storyline of the show. Up to the now recent departure of Grissom, an ending where Grissom defeated Millander would have been so rewarding.

I find all this so much like the movie, Manhunter, which I enjoy so much...

3. GotGameFAn

GotGameFAn Hit and Run

I loved Suspect X. I don't really know why though.

I loved the chase scene with Mac; especially after she got shot. She said something about killing people because she knows they are going to a better place.

4. csifangurl

csifangurl Hit and Run

My favorite villians are both from Miami, though one of them crossed over to New York.

Clavo Cruz was by far one of my favorite villians on Miami. I liked how he toyed with Horatio, yet he was sympathtic. I was sad when he got killed off. I thought he would have been a really good nemisis for Horatio for a bit longer.

The other is Henry Daris from the Miami/New York crossover episodes, Felony Flight/Manhattan Manhunt.

He was truly twisted and evil. Toying with both Mac and Horatio through the whole thing. He's one of the only villians on any of the three CSIs that actually gave me chills watching him.

5. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

I second Paul Milander as a villian. The scene where Grissom realizes who "Anonymous" is and explodes with anger is a defining one for Grissom. Thru 9 years, whenever Grissom interviewed certain characters (such as the child molester in "Harvest"), one look at his face was enough to remind me of the rage that was boiling just beneath the surface.

Of course the Blue Paint Killer, although we only saw him in one episode, was pretty creepy too.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

One of mine from CSI: NY is Bogdan Ivanov from "Blink." He wasn't in the episode very much, but what he did was just so evil and creepy that it really stayed with me after the episode aired.

Another from NY was the character Joey (sorry, Joseph) Lawrence played. I can't remember his name, but I wish they had done more with him because he was a good nemesis for Mac.

My favorite from NY has to be Shane Casey, though. He was smart and one step ahead of everyone else and he was also a tragic figure because he mistakingly thought he was avenging his brother's wrongful conviction and death.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  7. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Let's see...

from Vegas, I'd have to go with Paul Milander. He's really the only one that stands out in my mind. His backstory, the way he was portayed, and the effect he had on Grissom, his episodes in general, it was all just brilliant.

For Miami, there's no contest. Stuart Otis is by far the best, creepiest, and most convincing villain they've ever had, and I wish we'd see more like him.

There aren't a lot from New York that really come to mind. There baddies just aren't that memorable for me. If I had to pick one, I'd probably have to go with Shane Casey.

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

From CSI/Vegas Natalie Davis, so intense and her psycho personailty and the intricasies of the little spooky minature houses, and we didn't know for ages who it was or why she did this, but when it all came out fascinating taking her wrath from her childhood experiences and her dad & blaming Grissom.. and exceptional acting on actress Jessica Collins, and kidnapping Sara, and it was so well planned out. Then she acted all better, when Grissom when to visit her in the mental facility, but she was still crazy as a loon, and hung a minature of herself.. riveting season, and one of my favorites!

9. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Definitely Paul Millander from Vegas. It was very interesting storyline with good background. Maybe not everything was perfect there but still intense.

I kinda like Natalie Davies and her storyline. The beginning etc. was really food and I liked it. The explonations wasn't that good at the end but I can't say that The Miniature Killer storyline was bad.

I don't remember anything from Miami or NY. Ok, maybe from fourth season Drew (that was his name?) who wanted to kill Mac. I have no idea it was good or bad storylinebut the guy was played by Kerr Smith so I remember him.

10. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

After seeing a few repeats this weekend I realized that I liked Clavo Cruz as a villian on Miami. Why? I like the way he messed with Horatio. He played a good game of cat and mouse with H. And Miami gives their villians some of the best one-liners.
    Clavo: (answering a phone).."Lt. Caine. Now my parade has officially been rained on."

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree Clavo was a great villian.He even had some type of respect for Horatio telling is father that Horatio never gave up,he seemed to admire that.

12. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

for me its got to be paul millander

13. lal

lal Pathologist

hi for me the best villians are

las vegas : miniture killer ( Natalie Davis ) and Paul Millander
    Miami : Stuart Otis
    New York : Suspect X and The Taxi Cab Killer and Shane Cassey

:)

14. all falls down

all falls down Dead on Arrival

Not that her performance was particularly groundbreaking or anything, but I loved the CSI: NY episode where Nelly Furtado was a high-class shoplifter. xD It was just a good episode and she portrayed it well.

15. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

In Vegas, the twin brother "Wolfowitz" (The one who did the Nazi death camp type experiments.) Ends up he tortured and killed Lady Heather's daughter.

In Miami, I'd have to say it was a toss-up between Clavo Cruz and LeBrock. Deep down, both of them were slimeballs but had some sympathy somewhere. LeBrock married that young model in "Chain Reaction." She was safe from a lot of the sleazebags in the modeling industry just because she was his wife.