BASEBALL

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Charisma, Jul 24, 2005.

?

Which TV network will you spend the most time watching this fall?

1. The CW

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NBC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ABC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. CBS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Fox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other (Cable network, don't watch traditional tv, ect.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baba_O_Riley

Baba_O_Riley Lab Technician

I'm a Seattle M's fan, but I'm in hiding this year. Grrrr.

2. awesomeredhead

awesomeredhead CSI Level Two

:lol: They're both really good teams. The Braves always have trouble with the Padres though. A lot of the old Braves players are playing for the Padres now and I think that's part of the reason the Braves have a hard time with them. The Padres know how they play - they know their strategies, how they pitch, etc.

3. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

YANKEES won again.

Shut out the White Sox 5-0

Look out Boston here we come!!!!

4. awesomeredhead

The Cubbies lost to Colorado? *shakes head* Here's hoping they win today. ;)

5. Charisma

Charisma Coroner

how the heck did they lose to the rockies?! is that even possible?! hahaha

yeah..i found out reading the paper that our player Ryan Klesko used to be on the Braves...on their winning team too. hahaha thank god he's with us now! LOL

6. DannyFan05

DannyFan05 CSI Level One

Yep he did. He was my favorite player during the time he was with the Braves. I think I almost cried the day I heard they traded him. And if I remember right, he hit a homerun on my birthday during Game 5 of the WS in 1995, but of course the Braves went on to lose that game (they have a habit of losing WS games on my birhtday).

After my day today, I am just waiting for the Braves to get beat tonight and be swept in the series.

7. awesomeredhead

:lol: The Braves are my 2nd favorite team so I'm hoping they win tonight. ;) But I dunno. We see how it's going so far. :lol: But... I had to watch the Braves sweep the Cubs... :( That was NOT a good night to be at the game... in Atlanta. Next week Atlanta is in Chicago. Go Cubbies! :D

The Braves still pretty much kick ass though. They go to the playoffs every year. Hopefully we'll see them to the WS this year. I think it'll either be the Braves or the Padres. What do you guys think?

Remember when Otis Nixon played for the Braves? He was a really freakin' good player.

I want to kick the Cubs ass right now. They are making me a wee bit mad.

8. GilGrissomCSI

GilGrissomCSI Coroner

Rockies beat the Cubbies last night.

[​IMG]

9. awesomeredhead

:lol: Love the banner GGCSI! And yes, they can do better than that. That's why they're making me a wee bit mad. :lol: Let's hope they beat the Braves.

10. GilGrissomCSI

GilGrissomCSI Coroner

:lol:Yeah, they better! But, no matter what happens, you have to stick by your team, right? :p *proudly wears Cubbies cap*

11. DannyFan05

DannyFan05 CSI Level One

Yes they do!

They do go to the playoffs every year and then I get frustrated when they lose, especially in the first round. At the beginning of the season I wasn't so sure, but just like last year, they've got into gear and become the team we all expect. I would love if they went to the WS, but after the last time they were there, I'm not sure my family would. :lol:

I've loved Andruw Jones since he began playing for the Braves in the 96 WS, but I never would have expected him to do what he's done this season. I never thought he would be leading the league in home runs.

I do hope they win tonight. It sure would brighten my day.

12. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

Yanks lost 6-2 to the White Sox today. They're playing the Blue Jays tomorrow for 4 games. It's gonna be interesting around my house. I'm a Yankee fan and my grandpa's a Blue Jay fan.

13. GilGrissomCSI

GilGrissomCSI Coroner

:Dw0oT! At least Chicago won 1 game ;) Even though Im not really a Sox fan.

14. awesomeredhead

Yay! Braves won!! :D

Remember when they went from worst to first? That was awesome. It would be nice to see them make it to the WS this year. They've had a really good season. Andruw Jones has really had a great year. And Jeff Francoeur. Man, that kid is on a roll. Gotta love him. I hope he gets Rookie of the Year.

15. DannyFan05

DannyFan05 CSI Level One

My weekend just got a lot better with that win.

Due to my work schedule and only being able to see games on TBS, ESPN & FOX, I haven't gotten to see much of Jeff Francoeur. In fact I haven't gotten to see much this season and the other day when I happened to catch a game, I looked at the line-up and wondered who half of the players were. But what I've seen of Francoeur, he is awesome. I hope they can try to keep him around for awhile. (I'm sure he'd love it with him being from Georgia.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.