BASEBALL

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Charisma, Jul 24, 2005.

?

Which TV network will you spend the most time watching this fall?

1. The CW

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NBC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ABC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. CBS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Fox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other (Cable network, don't watch traditional tv, ect.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay I hate when I miss the edit deadline.
    Game Three: Tribe 4 - Oakland 2
    (where is the broom there outta here).

Next is interleague play in Cin. ugg lol

2. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Well the Jays go for the sweep in Minnesota this afternoon. The teams are currently tied at 2 in the 10th. Last night a Matt Stairs grand slam in the first help the Jays and Doc win the game 6-5 :)

Toronto heads to Philadelphia for the weekend. I know some people don't like the inter league games but I do. I just wish they played more of them. There is jsut something about the pitcher getting up and being part of the game rather than just going out there and seeing if he can get three outs. Yes I know there is more to the game than that :) There is also a whole different managing aspect to the game :)

eta The Jays game just ended and they beat the Twins 3-2 in 11. Ryan got the save :)

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  3. Destiny

WOOHOO we rule [​IMG] Congrats on the sweep.

4. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

Oh joy. Yankees fall to the bottom of AL East. Not that it's not totally deserved.

*hands M*ts brooms to start waving tomorrow*

5. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

You guys are lucky!

My Padres are totally sucking right now! :( *sigh* Stupid NL West!

6. Jacquie

Oh I'm really sorry to see the Yankees in the basement :D It couldn't happen to a nicer team :)

I tired to find a broom to give the Mets but I could find one that wasn't being used. I will keep my fingers crossed if that will help the Mets :)

7. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

You do realise that there is probably a Karmic reaction awaiting for such comments, right? :p :lol:

You know, people not liking the Yankees really do not bother me at all. I have no problem with saying that another team played better. The better team always wins.

8. Jacquie

^^ yup I do realize that the karmic forces will be out. The Jays and Yankees go at it next June 3-6 in the New York. They always play good games when playing each other so hopefully that will continue in June :)

And likewise I always say may the best team win :)

9. Destiny

All I know is that we have 1 more series with the Jays, and the Yankee's won't see us unless we would go into the post season. Today starts interleague against the Cin. Reds, thing is the best pitcher with a bat (sabathia) isn't pitching lol and he really wanted to do that. We had to call up Sowers and from what I could find sense he has been in the minors he doesn't have a batting average listed which means this should be fun to watch. :lol:

10. Jacquie

Yup the Tribe are in Toronto August 8-10. So until then we cheer for each other's teams but look out in August :)

Pitching match ups for Toronto and Philadelphia:

David Purcey (0-0, 2.08) vs Jamie Moyer (2-3, 5.02) on Friday
    A.J. Burnett (3-4, 4.94) vs Adam Eaton (0-1,5.40) on Saturday
    Shawn Marcum (4-4, 2.22) vs Kyle Kendrick (3-2, 4.87) on Sunday

Ok you know the Jays pitching staff keeps changing when you haven't even heard of the starter for tonights game.

The Phillies are 23-19 and are 1 game behind the Mets.

11. Destiny

Yep sounds good. :) Lets see the pitching lineup for the tribe..

Jeremy Sowers (0-0, 5.06) vs Johnny Cueto (2-4, 5.91)
    Fausto Carmona (4-1, 2.40) vs Aaron Harang (2-5, 3.32)
    Cliff Lee (6-0, 0.67) vs Edinson Volquez (6-1, 1.12)

We got Sowers because of that double header rain out that time.

12. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Hey, just thought this was the right thread to ask this question in. I'm going to Miami in a few weeks time, and there's a baseball game on whilst we are there. I've only ever watched bits and bobs, never even a full game (it's not very big at all in the UK), and anyway, I was just wondering, is it worth trying to get a ticket to a game?

13. Jacquie

bubbles in my opinion it is worth it to see if you can get tickets. A live game is more interesting because you have to follow the action as opposed to listening to the announcers. Do let us know if you get tickets and what you think of the game :)

14. Destiny

I agree live games are good, just remember if this is your first there are going to be some rough people out there, and some you will wonder where civilized people went. :lol: I am not sure which team your a fan of in FL or going to see, but here are the schedules for both the American League and the National League.

Tampa Bay Rays in Tropicana Field (St. Petersburg) - Marlins in Dolphin Stadium (Miami) You can also get tickets on line at both those links I gave you in advance. At the top of the page to the right will read Tickets.

Well first night out the Jays and the tribe are down.

Game One Jays 3 - PHI 10 :scream:

Game One Tribe 3 - Cin 4 :scream:

ETA:
    Game Two: Tribe 2 - Cin 4 :scream:

Incase I can not edit again, hope your guys do better then us. :)

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  15. Jacquie

Well Destiny we did do better than you guys :) The Jays won 6-3 :) I wonder if in todays game there are anymore ex players from either side to take revenge out on the opposition. Friday's game had former Jay Jayson Werth belt 3 homers, one a grand slam, and collect 8rbi's against the Jays. Last night former Phillies Rod Barajas had 2 homers and one of those was a grand slam. Oh well time will tell what happens today.

Tomorrow the Jays have an off day :brickwall: :censored: and the only reason I'm so upset is that is Victoria Day on Monday and no baseball :scream: It's bad enough that since Sept 11 the Jays hardly ever play at home on a Canadian holiday let alone an Ontario Holiday. Of the 4 holidays this baseball season the Jays only play 1 at home and thats Civic Day in August :scream: Sorry for my rant here but it's been annoying me big time :) I know nothing can be done about it but the rant does help somewhat :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.