Back in business! - Email Carmine Giovinazzo

Well, I know that my print and cursive are totally different looking, so I kind of apply that to him too. I am CONVINCED that it was a man who wrote on the envelope. No self respecting girl would allow her handwriting to be that bad and put capitals in the wrong places. :lol:

Which brings me to another interesting point. People in the states, were there periods between your state abbreviation? I swear to god, N.Y. was written on my envelope. (I forgot to see if it was like that on the address label also) Apparently, someone didn't get the memo that we stopped doing that about 10 years ago. :lol:

When I think about it, when I sign my name/cursive writing it is very different from when I print my name, address, etc. It does look like two different people wrote it. :eek:

While I have no doubt that he signs the pics, I can't really say whether he does the envelopes or not. He may address the envelopes as he's signing the pics. But if it were me, it's just as easy to hit the "print" button and print out all the addresses and let someone else write them out. It would certainly be easier to do and he could sign a lot more autographs that way. :)

I think we should just all be happy that we got a personally autographed pic and not worry about who addressed the envelopes. Does it really matter? :confused:

Kimmy, I love the handwriting analysis's that you do. I think they are very interesting. ;)

ETA: **raises hand** I'm female and I capitalize my r's and n's in my print. Don't really know why. I also make my a's like "a" instead of the circle with the line.

All the a's and n's on my envelope were in caps. My state abbreviation on the envelope didn't have periods between the letters nor does the return address but it is typed. It just has "NY NY".

It's quite possible that someone else writes out the envelopes. I worked in a college and I can tell you that I processed diplomas, letters & bills, but my work study students mailed them. It was easy to just do a screen print & the doc & ask ethem to fold it in a window envbelope or hand print the addy, as was done during peak periods. So what if he screen prints & asks someone to mail them. I'm not a celeb & I couldn't do all the mail myself. Our w-s students handled the mail & mail machine & that part of it for us to free us up to serve students. If it was b/w academically advising a student or writing out an envelope, I HAD to do the advising(the important job), a w-s student couldn't. Carmine chose to do the most important part of the mailing -- autographing. So, it's all good ...

Ditto. The organization where I work does this regularly for in-house mailings. You get the head honcho to sign stuff but the hand addressing is definitely done by the lackeys at the bottom *cough*meandinterns*cough*. Mostly because hand writing stuff is a gigantic and literal pain in the ass and hand, so it's nice to be able to split up the job.

Now, all I want to make sure of is that we see the email response when/if jorja gets a response to the purple hat pic. Maybe you'll get a "naughty girl" response like one of the earliest emails of this thread?

Springmoon said:
Now, all I want to make sure of is that we see the email response when/if jorja gets a response to the purple hat pic. Maybe you'll get a "naughty girl" response like one of the earliest emails of this thread?

I'd love to read what he says! :lol:

I've just been catching up on some Carmine reading when I ran across this string. I have been busy and haven't kept tabs on anything. Let alone any of the new season's spoilers. I saw the string about sending "stupid emails". It made me laugh so hard just thinking about my own silly email. Yes, I will tell you that I myself have sent an email. I told myself don't do it and at my age I shouldn't be sending emails to celebrities, but alas after a night out with the girls and some Light drinking ;-)...Yes I sent an email. To this day I am so embarrased that I actually sent one. I was even more embarrased that he responded. It wasn't anything dirty (thank god!), but of course it was flirtatious and I told him what a great job he's doing. Howevever, I still feel so silly I even sent one. So I feel for those who have sent one and later felt ridiculous. I'd love to hear some horror stories. Send them to my email if you want to share and then and only then will I share the rest of my email story. Oh yes there was more to it than I said above!! ;-)

justfriends said:
Yes, I will tell you that I myself have sent an email. I told myself don't do it and at my age I shouldn't be sending emails to celebrities, but alas after a night out with the girls and some Light drinking ;-)...Yes I sent an email. To this day I am so embarrased that I actually sent one.
Oh don't be at all embarassed! He seems to like the ego stroking... (I said stroking, God help me, my brain went straight to the gutter)

Howevever, I still feel so silly I even sent one. So I feel for those who have sent one and later felt ridiculous.

You should totally share it with us, even if it's just an edited version. I felt like a world-class doofus when I hit the send button, but then he responded and it rocked my world!! And, you're never too old to be a fan girl. I'm north of 30 myself. :cool:

lookaboomerang said:
I've discussed this whole autograph thing with another forum member and we've both come up with the same idea on it. I really think that it IS Carmine signing these things. I also think that he's writing out the envelopes too. Think about this, we email him our addresses, right? Why would someone else be writing them out for him, when he can just sit at his computer with a stack of envelopes and when he gets an email and someone gives him their address, he can just jot it down quick and put the envelope somewhere in a pile with everyone else's addresses. What kind of sense would it make to just write them on a piece of paper and make someone else do the dirty work, when it would take just as much time for him to do it himself?

I think he takes them all 'home' and I believe that his mom/sister/some family member or someone who works for him, has all the pictures. He signs them, sticks them in the envelope and leaves them to be sent out. Only two batches of autographs have been sent out, both times he was in NY. It all adds up for me. This is Carmine we're talking about here, not George Clooney, Brad Pitt, etc. I don't think he has that many fans where it's an overwhelming thing for him to accomplish...yet. :D

^^I think that's a totally plausible theory, lookaboomerang, I can totally see that happening. ;)

Personally, it doesn't matter to me who addressed the envelope, it's what was inside that was most important to me. I will say, however, that on my envelope all the capital letters are in the appropriate place, the first letters of my first and last name, city, etc.

Oh...and to whoever addressed the envelope: Thank you so much for spelling my last name correctly. :D You have no idea how many times my last name is misspelled, even after I've provided (spelled correctly) it to a person or business. And it's not even that hard to spell in the first place. :lol:

lookaboomerang said:
Which brings me to another interesting point. People in the states, were there periods between your state abbreviation? I swear to god, N.Y. was written on my envelope. (I forgot to see if it was like that on the address label also) Apparently, someone didn't get the memo that we stopped doing that about 10 years ago. :lol:

I just looked at mine and the state abbreviation isn't like that. It's just NE, with no periods between the state abbreviation. Huh, I wonder why yours was like that :confused:

I thought seriously about emailing him; my thought was that he would be too busy to read it much less answer, but maybe that's not the case. I did get something into the scrapbook, a happy bday copy of a portrait I drew of him, but I sent the original to the gal who is doing the scrapbook and she said she would forward it on along with the scrapbook. Maybe I should email him and ask him to let me know when he gets the original just to make sure it doesn't get lost in the mail. At least that would give me a reason to email him in the first place!

1CSIMfan" said:
ETA: **raises hand** I'm female and I capitalize my r's and n's in my print. Don't really know why. I also make my a's like "a" instead of the circle with the line.

Lol.... me too.
Anyway, I'm fascinated by all these QD and handwriting analysis. It's nice that we get into these intriguing topics knowing that it all came about from an autographed picture from our boy. :D

If he does write on the envelopes as well, I'm thinking that maybe that can be a stress relief for him ... giving something back to his loving fans. :)

*mind drifts to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets... Lockheart making Harry address his fanmail envelopes*

:lol: No! Don't compare Carmine to Lockheart! That's wretched! :lol:

Really, I don't think the handwriting analysis for the envelopes fits Carmine...but maybe that's just me.

OK, I spent a good amount of time in the ER last night and came up with an amusing thought during my waiting hours (what with all the hacking, vomiting and other biological symptoms surrounding me): Who's going to take the DNA from the envelope flap to confirm if it's male or female DNA? :lol: j/k

^ Dude, don't laugh. I'm sure if anyone at this site had access to that kind of technology, it'd have been done already. :lol:

Back