Back in business! - Email Carmine Giovinazzo

No doubt it is not only the length of the e-mails that slow Carmine down but multiple daily e-mails from the same people probably cause others to fall by the wayside.

Ali

JDonne said:
No doubt it is not only the length of the e-mails that slow Carmine down but multiple daily e-mails from the same people probably cause others to fall by the wayside.

Ali

I agree with the above statement. It is harder to respond to each and every e-mail in a timely manner, especially since Carmine doesn't know whose e-mail address belongs to who and if the same people send him 10 e-mails a day, then other e-mails may not get answered. Just a thought

I've gotta second (or rather, third) what JDonne and Thumpy said. He can't possibly get back through all the old e-mails when the same people keep e-mailing every single day. We do appreciate all the info you guys pass on to us though. Okay, forget patience. I went for instant gratification and e-mailed him about the LBB. Short and sweet. If I hear back from him, I'll post both my e-mail and his reply. Hopefully I didn't miss the boat. The guy may have to back off his e-mails for a while since he's just gone on such a binge.

I was only sending him one thanking email today and didn't even expected a reply, cuz I didn't ask him anything.

I'm with you girls on that one person shouldn't email him every hour, but he certainly is available now to reach out to, so everyone who feels like it, should send a message off to him. Just keep it short and simple and try not to send more, than one to let others have a chance too.

Yeah, after my second e-mail yesterday, I stopped. I too thought about giving everyone else a chance, I'm limiting myself to one a day, and I probably won't do it everyday, but I have convinced myself that I'm going to e-mail him on friday night, so that I can get his e-mail the next morning! (Saturday is my 16th birthday) That would be the best b-day present ever!

Hey guys!! over the moon right now!! got a reply from my first email to him. My prospects of getting a reply were not good after reading that he doesn't reply to long emails. Then, look what was in my inbox!! Well anyway, here's what he wrote:

Believe in the Magic of your dreams and thanks for writing....cdg

ohh... how sweet!! :D He has no idea how much that means to me! :D

:) While e-mailing him is a great way to get to know him better, the truth of the matter is that he is a rather busy person and cannot spend all of his time reading fangirly e-mails. While his fans are very important to him, he does have a life outside of not only acting, but responding to e-mails from his fans.

and to second MrsG, he only has a short amount of time before the hiatus from CSI:NY is over and that time is probably precious to him and he should be doing those other things that are important to him.

One last thing. Carmine gave us, his fans, a privilege : to be able to e-mail him our thoughts on his character and any other things that strike our fancy (within reason). As with privileges, they can be easliy abused. Let's not abuse this privilege that has been given to us :)

I think he's a big boy and he chose to reply to fanmail in the last few days, so I'm thankful for that. We probably won't get many emails from him for a while once he goes back to work, so we should use it to the best. I for one didn't misuse this privilage he gave us, so I don't feel bad about emailing him to thank him for his repsonses (I've been brought up to be thankful for things that matter to me and express it). I'm not emailing him everyday since last thursday (and I could have), because I know he's a busy person.

But I also think he likes to get emails, because who doesn't? I'm sure he likes to read all of our emails, even if he doesn't respond to all of them. And if we wanna show him our appreciation, then why shouldn't we?

I know I wasn't crossing any lines and it's up to everyone to decide if they did or didn't.

Whew, it's getting hot in here. :lol: Like Thumpy, I think e-mailing the guy every day is an abuse of the privilege he gave us. The surest way to guarantee he stops being this cool to us is to flood him with correspondence to the point that he can't keep up. It's really not fair to him to hit him with a follow-up e-mail the moment he responds to your previous e-mail. Plus, here's a tip from an old lady: the surest way to make a guy lose interest in you is to call him everyday. ;)

That being said, we've all gotta love the guy because he's still at it. Responded to my LBB e-mail the same day it was sent. Short and sweet. Here you go:

Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 6:13 PM
To: carmine@carminegiovinazzo.com
Subject: Litte Black Book

Hi Carmine!

I’m the girl who got the sweet gig as an extra in the “Fare Game” episode and gave you the black book. Normally I’m not a fan of posting e-mails to you or any responses on the message board. For that reason, I’ll tell you upfront that I’m writing this one solely for that purpose.

Back in January when I returned from the set, I e-mailed you about how nice it was to meet you, how impressed I was with how hard everyone on the set works and, of course, about the little black book. You’ve been on quite the e-mail spree lately, which all the girls are stoked about, but I’m not sure if you’ll ever be able to get back that far. You're quite the busy guy.

The girls and I are curious as to what you thought of the little black book (we’ve officially dubbed it the “LBB”). Heck, six months later, Hill is still talking about it so we can only hope you enjoyed it as much as he did. =) Whenever you get a chance, it would be great if you could let me know what you thought, so I can post it for everyone. By the way, if you're ever looking for a good time, feel free to call anyone in the book. Totally kidding!

Sounds like your hiatus is coming to an end and you’re getting back to work. You must have gotten the role in the indie flick you mentioned in a couple interviews. Congrats! We’ll all look forward to seeing that.

Take care,
Deb Fujiwara

His response:

Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 23:53:30 +0100
Subject: re: Litte Black Book
From: "carmine giovinazzo" <carmine@carminegiovinazzo.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: debfuji@yahoo.com
CC:

The little black book is on my "Things to do List" I love it.....thanks cdg

Does this mean we're on his list of "things to do"? :lol: God, I hope so! :devil: ;)

:lol: You know, he is on my list of things to do ;) Glad to see that we are also on his. Sweet.

As a self proclaimed old lady such as MrsG mentioned, coming from past experience and wisdom in my 30 odd years, she is correct that the one sure way to make a guy lose interest is to call him everyday ;) Those are words that I have lived and lost by for some time now :lol:

Glad to see that the guy is 'still at it', *thinks dirty thoughts*. What a trooper! :devil: I can never have a pure thought about that man-ever.

I too am thankful for everything that I have been given and do know how to express my gratitude, in an appropriate and non overbearing manner. :)

... whoa. You mean, some people actually email him multiple times daily? O.O What do ya guys ask him in every email?! :lol: I really wanna know! (I feel like whipping out that post I made in the previous email thread again ...)

I definitely fourth or fifth the motion of not spamming him with email every day. If he doesn't actually look at the emails to check who he's replying to, then he's answering emails thinking each one is to a different person ... when it isn't. While it's probably very nice to the person who's getting multiple emails from him in a single day, it's also lowering the chances for newbies who haven't gotten a reply from him.

And there's something that confuses me. If you know you're going to ask multiple questions ... why not just compile them into a single email, instead of firing away a whole bombardment? :lol: Not only will it be more convenient for him, you'll get a nice, long reply too.

Kimmychu said:

And there's something that confuses me. If you know you're going to ask multiple questions ... why not just compile them into a single email, instead of firing away a whole bombardment? :lol: Not only will it be more convenient for him, you'll get a nice, long reply too.

^:lol: Thank you, Kimmy for reading my mind! It is a rare occasion that it happens, but refreshing when it does. ;)

Kimmychu said:
... whoa. You mean, some people actually email him multiple times daily?
I don't know that people are actually e-mailing him multiple times in one day. I think it's the e-mailing him every single day since Thursday that we're talking about. That's inconsiderate of him and makes the author look somewhat obsessive and psycho, in my opinion. Like Kimmychu suggests, put everything you want to say in one e-mail. Then wait until the next time you have something real and substantive to offer before hitting him again.

Back