:lol: :lol: :lol: Good boy Jack.. don't mess with me :lol: :lol: :lol:
I found a pic of Jack and the bear. :lol:

41750334bear203apkd3.jpg

Hormiga said:
desertwind said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good boy Jack.. don't mess with me :lol: :lol: :lol:
I found a pic of Jack and the bear. :lol:

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/5541/41750334bear203apkd3.jpg

That's priceless.. I love it :lol:.. thank's, you should post this on "YouTube" ;)

2006 WAS A BIG YEAR FOR "BIGFFOOT" SIGHTINGS

Cryptozoologist Loren Coleman says last year was the year of "Bigfoot", thank's to some credible sightings. Numerous footprints were found in malaysia suggesting the presence of a Sasquatch in South Asia. There were numerous sightings of the heairy creature on the Ogala Sioux Pine Ride Reservation in South Dakota, including one by a police officer who used the departments thermal imaging camera on Bigfoot!! And then in September, Bigfoot buffs in Australia reportedly photographed a Bigfoot like critter called Yowie crossing a road,, ...I've seen one too after a few shots of Tequila :D

The Buzz..Ken White.. LVRJ

Edited by a moderator to quote link rather than image

Drunken surgeon 'risk to patients'.
Jan 3 2007.
icCoventry.
by Anna Rushworth

A surgeon who was drunk while on duty at a Coventry hospital posed a danger to patients, a disciplinary hearing was told yesterday.
Ramasankerpersad Jairam was said to have consumed three bottles of vodka a day and was found wandering the grounds of Coventry and Warwickshire Hospital in such a drunken state that he did not know who he was.
Just three days after he started at the hospital, he was supposed to be the on-call consultant but arrived for a major trauma case drunk and reeking of alcohol.
Tests revealed he was four times over the drink-drive limit, the General Medical Council was told.
Mr Jairam, who admitted being drunk on that occasion and disregarding his professional responsibilities, was admitted to the hospital a few days later for detoxification before being returned to Amsterdam.

MUSEUMS ARE HOT SPOTS FOR GHOSTS..I WANT MY MUMMY

Ben Stiller's new movie "A Night At The Museum" may be a fictional movie about a museum coming to life, but it's practically a documentary for ghostbuster Dean Maynard in Newcastle, England. Maynard says museums like the one portrayed in Stillers flick are hot spots for paranormal activity and he himself has felt "ghostly energy" and "creepy vibes" at many museums he has visited!!"Mummies are really creepy" he says, "Something about being buried in a tomb and having your treasures raided make for really angry Egyptian ghosts in some museums"

The Buzz..Ken White..LVRJ

BEWARE OF CANADIAN SPY COINS.
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Money talks, but can it also follow your movements?

In a U.S. government warning high on the creepiness scale, the Defense Department cautioned its American contractors over what it described as a new espionage threat: Canadian coins with tiny radio frequency transmitters hidden inside.
The government said the mysterious coins were found planted on U.S. contractors with classified security clearances on at least three separate occasions between October 2005 and January 2006 as the contractors traveled through Canada.
Intelligence and technology experts said such transmitters, if they exist, could be used to surreptitiously track the movements of people carrying the spy coins.
The U.S. report doesn't suggest who might be tracking American defense contractors or why. It also doesn't describe how the Pentagon discovered the ruse, how the transmitters might function or even which Canadian currency contained them.
Further details were secret, according to the U.S. Defense Security Service, which issued the warning to the Pentagon's classified contractors. The government insists the incidents happened, and the risk was genuine.
"What's in the report is true," said Martha Deutscher, a spokeswoman for the security service. "This is indeed a sanitized version, which leaves a lot of questions."
Top suspects, according to outside experts: China, Russia or even France -- all said to actively run espionage operations inside Canada with enough sophistication to produce such technology.
The Canadian Security Intelligence Service said it knew nothing about the coins.
"This issue has just come to our attention," CSIS spokeswoman Barbara Campion said. "At this point, we don't know of any basis for these claims." She said Canada's intelligence service works closely with its U.S. counterparts and will seek more information if necessary.
Experts were astonished about the disclosure and the novel tracking technique, but they rejected suggestions Canada's government might be spying on American contractors. The intelligence services of the two countries are extraordinarily close and routinely share sensitive secrets.
"It would seem unthinkable," said David Harris, former chief of strategic planning for the Canadian Security Intelligence Service. "I wouldn't expect to see any offensive operation against the Americans."
Harris said likely candidates include foreign spies who targeted Americans abroad or businesses engaged in corporate espionage. "There are certainly a lot of mysterious aspects to this," Harris said.
Experts said such tiny transmitters would almost certainly have limited range to communicate with sensors no more than a few feet away, such as ones hidden inside a doorway. The metal in the coins also could interfere with any signals emitted.
"I'm not aware of any (transmitter) that would fit inside a coin and broadcast for kilometers," said Katherine Albrecht, an activist who believes such technology carries serious privacy risks. "Whoever did this obviously has access to some pretty advanced technology."
Experts said hiding tracking technology inside coins is fraught with risks because the spy's target might inadvertently give away the coin or spend it buying coffee or a newspaper. They agreed, however, that a coin with a hidden tracking device might not arouse suspicion if it were discovered in a pocket or briefcase.
"It wouldn't seem to be the best place to put something like that; you'd want to put it in something that wouldn't be left behind or spent," said Jeff Richelson, a researcher and author of books about the CIA and its gadgets. "It doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense."
Canada's largest coins include its $2 "Toonie," which is more than 1-inch across and thick enough to hide a tiny transmitter. The CIA has acknowledged its own spies have used hollow, U.S. silver-dollar coins to hide messages and film.
The government's 29-page report was filled with other espionage warnings. It described unrelated hacker attacks, eavesdropping with miniature pen recorders and the case of a female foreign spy who seduced her American boyfriend to steal his computer passwords.
In another case, a film processing company called the FBI after it developed pictures for a contractor that contained classified images of U.S. satellites and their blueprints. The photo was taken from an adjoining office window.

WOW, that is bizzare.. who would have thought :eek:

A prisoner in Oslo, Norway, recently slipped out of jail by getting naked, smearing himself with vegatable oil and sliding through the prison bars. Yuris Sinkevictus was being held on theft charges managed to slp out because he was skinny and the oil enabeled him to slip through the bars :eek:!!

A criminal in Athens, Tenn. was blunt with police when they knocked on his door..he told them he was simply "cooking meth" Herman Scott Swafford was 45 mnutes into making his batch of meth, when police smelled a strange odor outside his building.. SMART :(

The Buzz..Ken White.. LVRJ
kwhite@reviewjournal.com

BUZZ BRIEFS

A man n Manchester, N.H. recently was pulled over for drunken driving and decided to continue drinking his beer as police were arresting him. Patrick Allain, initally refused to pull over for the police, but once he did, he continued to swig back a 40 oz. beer, while explaining to the officers "This will not stop me from drinking and driving" ~~~dumb a..~~~grimaces :mad:

Drinking and tigers don't mix, as one heavily intoxicated man in Mykolaiv, Ukraine, discovered when he fell into a tiger cage during a visit to a zoo. The tiger pulled Mike Tyson and bit off his ear..OUCH :eek:..he was in serious condition, & in shock, but the tiger is fine!!!

Ken White.. The Buzz..LVRJ

Woman drinks so much water she dies.
POSTED: 0333 GMT (1133 HKT), January 13, 2007.

SACRAMENTO, California (AP) -- A woman who competed in a radio station's contest to see how much water she could drink without going to the bathroom died of water intoxication, the coroner's office said Saturday.
Jennifer Strange, 28, was found dead Friday in her suburban Rancho Cordova home hours after taking part in the "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest in which KDND 107.9 promised a Nintendo Wii video game system for the winner.
"She said to one of our supervisors that she was on her way home and her head was hurting her real bad," said Laura Rios, one of Strange's co-workers at Radiological Associates of Sacramento. "She was crying, and that was the last that anyone had heard from her."
A preliminary investigation found evidence "consistent with a water intoxication death," said assistant Coroner Ed Smith.
Initially, contestants were handed 8-ounce bottles of water to drink every 15 minutes.
"They were small little half-pint bottles, so we thought it was going to be easy," said fellow contestant James Ybarra of Woodland. "They told us if you don't feel like you can do this, don't put your health at risk."
Ybarra said he quit after drinking five bottles. "My bladder couldn't handle it anymore," he added.
After he quit, he said, the remaining contestants, including Strange, were given even bigger bottles to drink.
"I was talking to her and she was a nice lady," Ybarra said. "She was telling me about her family and her three kids and how she was doing it for her kids."

I read about that.. strange to say the least. so much for drinking 8 glasses a day :(

Brandy the Chihuahua, is the Guinness record holding "Worlds Smallest Dog" is a mere 6 inches, weighs less than 2 pounds and isn't allowed on the furniture for fear she'll break in two :( The puny pup's owner dresses her in tiny Hawaiian dresses and says that "Brandy is so small, you have to pet her with only your thumb and forefinger"!!

The Buzz.. Ken White..LVRJ

i heard about this kid who was kidnapped four years ago and found alive with another more recent kidnap victim.

i will never understand people.

Calling all CSIs. We got a major case on our hands...

Ronald McDonald Statue Reported Stolen
Jan 16, 4:13 PM (ET)

STEWARTSTOWN, Pa. (AP) - A broken Ronald McDonald statue brought home by a McDonald's assistant manager, repaired, and used to decorate her family's lawn for 20 years has vanished.

"It was a holiday today," Thomas Grieger II said Monday. "I think the kids came and got him."

State police were seeking information about the cement statue that Grieger estimated must weigh about 300 pounds.

The statue originally sat outside the Shrewsbury McDonald's where Grieger's wife, Joy Grieger, was assistant manager. Someone tried to steal it, breaking off a hand and cracking a foot before giving up on the attempt.

McDonald's did not want it back, so the Griegers took it home, patched it up and have used it as a lawn mascot ever since.

-=-=-=-=-

Dog Rescued After Being Buried Alive
Jan 16, 4:10 PM (ET)

PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - Whimpers a man heard while doing yard work turned out to be a dog buried alive in a neighbor's backyard. Robbie Wilson said he peaked over his fence and saw the dog's nose poking out of the ground Sunday, a day after he first heard the cries for help. It was not known how long the dog was buried.

Wilson's fiancee, Melissa Vanderpool, called for help. The responding animal control officer, Wilson and one of his friends spent more than a half hour using shovels to carefully dig out the dog.

Once out, it walked around and then collapsed. It's being treated at an animal hospital for dehydration.

"The dog was in the ground," Vanderpool said. "It had dirt all over it. I don't know how it got there. It seems like every few minutes he stretched his neck up and could get his nose through the (small) hole."

The Escambia County Sheriff's Office was investigating it as an animal cruelty case. Sgt. Mike Ward said no one has been charged and declined to release information regarding the owner of the property where the dog was found.

Bruce Rova, director of the Escambia County Animal Regulation and Control, said the dog was expected to recover.

"It's pretty severe. I'd compare it to the worse case I've ever seen." Rova said. But "it looks like it's going to make it. That is what I am so happy about."

-=-=-=-=-

Labradoodle Awakens Owner During Fire
Jan 16, 4:12 PM (ET)

SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (AP) - A savvy Labradoodle has one lucky owner. Firefighters said Bella, a mix of poodle and Labrador retriever, saved the life of her owner Matt Carcerano on Monday, waking him before his Santa Cruz cottage went up in flames.

At 3:30 a.m. Bella woke Carcerano, a 32-year-old welder, with a combination of growling, whimpering and barking.

"It was weird. I was sound asleep and she made noises I'd never heard before," Carcerano said. "I opened my eyes and it was just orange."

The floor-to-ceiling wall heater in the 50-year-old, two-room cottage was on fire, and Carcerano rushed out in socks and pajamas just as the entire place went up in flames. All of his belongings were destroyed except for a few photo albums he was able to grab.

The cottage had no smoke detectors. Fire department battalion chief Mike Venezio called Bella a lifesaver.

Carcerano said he planned to take Bella for a two-hour romp on her favorite local beach, once he took care of some personal issues.

"I gotta go buy shoes," he said.

CELL PHONE STARTS FIRE IN MANS PANTS

Vallejo, Calif...A cell phone ignited in a mans pocket and started a fire that burned his hotel room and caused severe burns all over half his body, the fire department said.. Luis Picaso, 59, of Vallejo, was in stable condition MOnday at UC Davis Medical Center with second and third degree burns to his upper body back and right arm and right leg. Firefighters arrived at the hotel wher he was staying late Saturday night to find Picaso laying on the bathroom floor after the cell phone in Picaso pants set fire to his clothes.. Authorities declined to name the manufacturer model of the phone!!

The Associated Press

REWARD OFFERED FOR CHILD-EATING LEOPARD

Srinagar, India..Police in Indian-controlled Kashmir offered a reward Tuesday for any any information on akiller leopard believed to have eaten three children in the last week. The children, ages 8 to 10, were mauled to death & then eaten by a leopard near the Chaterful village last week, officials said. A 10-year old boy also was killed there last month. A $225 reward will be given to anyone with information on tracking down the leopard, said police said. Leopards are protected under the Indian Wildlife Act, and their killing is punishable by up to six years in prison!!

The Buzz. Ken White.. LVRJ

GPS Devices Lead to Suspects' Home
Jan 19, 10:13 AM (ET)

LINDENHURST, N.Y. (AP) - Three thieves who allegedly stole 14 global positioning system devices didn't get away with their crime for long. The devices led police right to their home.

Town officials said the thieves didn't even know what they had: they thought the GPS devices were cell phones, which they planned to sell.

According to Suffolk County police, the GPS devices were stolen Monday night from the Town of Babylon Public Works garage in Lindenhurst. The town immediately tapped its GPS system, and it showed that one of the devices was inside a house. Police said that when they arrived there, Kurt Husfeldt, 46, had the device in his hands.

Husfeldt was charged with criminal possession of stolen property. His 13-year-old son also was arrested on grand larceny charges.

Town officials said the boy committed the burglary with Steven Mangiapanella, 20, also of Lindenhurst. He was charged with grand larceny.

Babylon installed 300 GPS devices in snow plows, dump trucks, street sweepers and other vehicles last January.

-=-=-=-=-

Ohio City May Rename 'South Park'
Jan 19, 8:18 AM (ET)

MARYSVILLE, Ohio (AP) - You don't find fans of Cartman and Kenny on the Parks and Recreation Commission in the central Ohio city of Marysville. The panel has decided it's time to rename a local park that has come to be known as "South Park."

City administrator Kathy House says having a park with the same name as the popular but often controversial cartoon show has become inappropriate.

One member of the parks commission says they wanted to get away from "South Park" -- far away.

So, the board is recommending that the city council approve a change to "Greenwood Park," after a nearby street and apartment complex.

Marysville is about 35 miles northwest of Columbus.

-=-=-=-=-

Alleged Carjacker Gets Shot in Buttocks
Jan 17, 11:03 PM (ET)

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - A man trying to steal a car at gunpoint from a couple ended up being shot himself, Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott says. Harold Levar Jeffcoat, 29, was arrested Sunday at the hospital where he was being treated for a gunshot wound to the buttocks, Lott said.

Jeffcoat was shot Saturday night after he stuck a gun into the stomach of a man getting into his car at a Wal-Mart in suburban northeast Richland County and demanded his keys, deputies said.

A woman in the passenger seat pulled a gun from the glove compartment and fired five shots at Jeffcoat, hitting him once, investigators said.

Lott is calling the couple heroes. The sheriff said police don't encourage people to go out and "just start shooting," but they do want people to protect themselves.

Jeffcoat also was wanted for at least nine other armed robberies across Columbia, Lott said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back