Around the weird:news of the bizarre

Status
Not open for further replies.
president george bush is coming to my country today (hungary). hes going to the capital, everyone is crazy there, each street is closed, there are traffic jams. i hope no one kills him here because the usa would get veeeeery angry with us, even though it would be the fault of only 1 person... :rolleyes:

btw sorry it isnt a real news but i find it interesting. :D

ETA: i have no idea what the hell he will do here :p

AMEN

More strange stories

The mayor of Ipswich, Australia, Paul Pisasale, wants to ban brothels from being built within 660 feet of cemeteries and "we don't believe the two mix" well maybe :eek:

A man was found naked, beaten and hancuffed to a tree in Belogorsk, Russia after he says he refused to engage in illegal activities with his boss. The boss, however, claims he just wasn't happy with the man's work performance. The boss now faces up to two years in prison

An unemployed South Korean man was so upset about not finding a job he decided to climb into a rhino pen at a zoo in Seoul. he then climbed a tree and began shouting about his misfortunes for more than 4 hours- (maybe I should try this) :devil: wonder if it helped?

The Buzz- Ken White-LVRJ
kwhite@reviewjournal.com

Why didn't you guys keep him :devil:

Fake checks-letter land home buyer in prison

A buyer with 97 cents in her bank account was sentenced to up to two years in prison for using fake documents to get a mortgage on a $328,000 home!!! :eek: Wendy Jean-Francois, 45, of Morrisville Pa., was also sentenced Monday to five years probation and ordered to pay $63,000 in restitution. Prosecutors say Jean-Francois used two checks totaling $63,000 and a letter voucing for them, purportedly from a Wachovia Bank manager, when she left a mortgage title firm Oct. 5 with keys to the new home. The checks were counterfeit and the letter forged. :eek: Jean-Francois told the judge she came up with the scheme after the home she was renting was sold and they told her she had 15 days to find a new place--(really stupid) :mad:

Source- The Associated Press

WillowsWannaBe said:
Yeah, Bush got home. The IQ level of my country is normal again:D

^They showed it here in the news. Bush had said something that people in Iraq should take Hungary as an example, when they go towards democracy. I mean, how Hungary fought against communism 50 years ago.

I swear Bush didn't even know where Hungary was until someone showed it from a map. Or does he know it now? Perhaps not. Just someone told quick facts :p

But I'm happy to hear he is out of your country now, WWB

Yeah- the late nite talk show hosts have been having a blast with his ignorance- :(about Hungary- now more bizzare news :mad:

NAKED TRUTH

Nude weddings help couples save money :eek: June is the traditional wedding month and if you want to save money on your nuptials, have them in the nude, says Carolyn Hawkins, a nudist wedding planner, in Kissimmee,Fla. She says brides who get hitched in the raw instead of an expensive wedding dress can save lots of money better applied to the reception and honeymoon. But while the bride and groom are usually buck naked at a wedding, the guests don't have ot be- EWWWW :( Hawkins says going au-natural isn't required for everyone, and all the guests should have the option whether or not to disrobe. Other than naked brides and grooms, Hawkins says nude weddings are usually carried out like tradtional chruch weddings wth the groom's family on one side and the bride's on the other. The only difference between the nude nupitals and the clothed kind is that guests are given towels at the beginning of the ceremony for "sanitary reasons" once again EWWWW :( and to protect bare bottoms form rubbing or burning during the ceremony :eek:

Source- The Buzz- Ken White- LVRJ

I always wanted to save money when I get married in the future but I agree with you when you saw ewww! I feel sorry for the poor priest performing in the ceremony & everyone else attending. Gross.....

Hurricane Stopper has bubbly plan

A Maryland-based inventor claims he knows how to stop hurricanes in their tracks :rolleyes: Dr, Win Wenger says his patented "Hurricane Stopper" will pipe compressed air bubbles to the ocean floor. Then when a storm is on it's way, the bubbles are released and , as they rise, bring cold water to the surface, causing hurricanes to fizzle :eek:Wenger believes if his Hurricane Stoppers had been installed in the Gulf, the damage caused by Katrina would have been "considerly lesser"--as much as two categories. Government officials have yet to take advantage of the invention. "The silence has been deafening" Wenger says. So far, his project remains in the "concept stage" but Wenger is providing the plans free of charge at www.winwenger.com

I think the only bubbles he knows about are the ones in the drinks he has been gulping down.

Woman pulls into gas station, finds man's body under car

LINCOLN PARK, Mich. - A woman who pulled into a gas station because she was having trouble steering her car found a man's body wedged under the vehicle, police say.

Dominique Page, 19, discovered the body about 1 a.m. Thursday, Lincoln Park police Lt. Robert Steele told the Detroit Free Press.

Page apparently did not know that she had run over the man as he lay in a street in Detroit, about two miles from where she stopped, Steele said. advertisement

"The young woman was the not first person to hit him," said Detroit police Sgt. Eren Stephens Bell. "He apparently was already a hit-and-run victim when she ran over him."

The Detroit News identified the victim as Edison Fowler, 43.

Detroit police were seeking clues about the hit-and-run driver. No charges were expected against Page.
--------------------------------------------------
STATESBORO, Ga., (AP) - A 21-year-old Georgia man was arrested after trying to buy drinks with a checkbook he found at a bar. Unfortunately for Jody Brian Minor of McRae, the checkbook's owner was the bartender serving him.

Minor was arrested on theft and forgery charges early Saturday morning, Statesboro Police Detective Terry Briley said.

He was "extraordinarily intoxicated," Briley said. Minor is out on bond, and his case will go before a grand jury in August, Briley said.

Minor was at Dingus Magee's bar when he found a checkbook and began paying his tab with it, Briley said. One of the bar's employees realized the checks belonged to a fellow bartender Hubble Beasley, who called police.

Briley said Minor's father has paid the delinquent $129 bar tab.
-----------------------------------
NANUET, N.Y. (AP) - It's no surprise, in the New York suburbs, to see a deer dart across the road. An opossum hanging by a rope from an overpass, however, is a rarity.

Several motorists reported Monday that their cars had banged into the carcasses of a possum and a crow that had been tied up and then lowered over the Palisades Interstate Parkway in Nanuet, police said.

Three 16-year-olds were arrested. Their names were not made public. Clarkstown police, who cover Nanuet, said the teens apparently scraped the carcasses off Route 304 before hanging them above the parkway, just low enough to be hit by passing cars. At least one vehicle was damaged, police said.

The youths were charged with criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct.
-----------------------------------------
Cheeseburger purists: Cringe now.

The cheeseburger is flipping off the grill this summer. It's being stuffed into egg rolls and plopped atop salads at Bennigan's; layered on pizzas at Uno Chicago Grill; and - for the strong of stomach - crammed between Krispy Kreme doughnut halves at one stadium.

All in the name of making the nation's most popular entree seem new, again. Burgers have been the top entree order for 28 years, says Harry Balzer, trends watcher at NPD Group.

So, why not fuse 'em with other favorites? "If you can mix two favorites, the combination is more pleasurable than any one - as long as it's not grotesque," says Steven Witherly, a food scientist.

Recent cheeseburger pairings:

- Cheeseburger egg rolls. A promotion by Bennigan's Grill & Tavern of this $6.99 appetizer sizzled, so it gets a permanent menu slot in July, says Clay Dover, vice president of marketing. It is stuffed with ground beef, cheese, pickles, onions and mustard, and deep fried.

- Cheeseburger pizza. Uno Chicago Grill recently launched a Bacon Cheeseburger Deep Dish Pizza, topped with 6 ounces of grilled ground beef, pickles, mustard and ketchup. It's selling about 30 a day - "an unbelievable number for a new item," says CEO Frank Guidara.

- Cheeseburger doughnuts. The Gateway Grizzlies, an independent baseball league team in Sauget, Ill., started selling "Baseball's Best Burger" this month: a $4.50 cheeseburger with two strips of bacon grilled between a sliced Krispy Kreme doughnut. (The glazed sides are flipped to the inside for less mess.)

It comes to the plate with 1,000 calories and 45 grams of fat, but the Grizzlies are selling 150 a game, says team spokesman Jeff O'Neill. "People ask us what to put on it," says O'Neill. "We like to think it doesn't need anything."

- Cheeseburger tacos. Five kinds of $6.99 Cheeseburger Tacos are sold at Tin Star, a Dallas chain that has copyrighted the name, founder Rich Hicks says.

- Cheeseburger fingers. These deep-fried cheeseburger sticks, sold as appetizers in bars, restaurants and supermarkets, were created by Advance Food Company.

- Cheeseburger salad. Bennigan's tried a $7.99 cheeseburger salad, but it didn't make the cut. "Maybe it was a little 'out there' to sell a salad with a cheeseburger on top," says Dover.

An idea so "out there" it died in Bennigan's test kitchen: Cheeseburger Cones.

needmorecsi :D :D :D OMG- on the cheesburger ones- totally bizzare-and funny-- and Dyanmo1 you always have the funniest comments- the "bubbles" :D :D :D really- crazy crap- these people need to put their efforts into something reliable :rolleyes:

needmorecsi, please warn us before posting stories like the cheeseburger one. I just ate. Lost some of my lunch on the keyboard after reading about the Krispy Kreme burger.

Dynamo1 said:
needmorecsi, please warn us before posting stories like the cheeseburger one. I just ate. Lost some of my lunch on the keyboard after reading about the Krispy Kreme burger.

Then consider yourself warned Dynamo1, because I decided to add a little poll about the cheeseburgers.

Basically all GROSS but I picked Cheesburger tacos- and worse- Cheesburger donuts :( funny though :lol:

More wacky news

Snake dancer helps world shed problems

A San Francisco based snake-dancer is conducting healing ceremonies worldwide using the molted, or shedded skin of snakes :eek: Jim Berenholtz has so far, completed 36 cermonies during which he burns-buries-or releases snakes skins at sacred sites in every land :rolleyes: Berenholtz uses the skins of an albino Burmese Python named Ixcehl---{cute)after the Mayan goddess--and the modern day shaman claims the snake is now the only creature that has had it's skin spread all over the continent- GREAT!!!!!how special!!!Berenholtz claims to have "shed the skin of hurry and worry" at many memorable sites-but none more than at the island of Malta's ancient temple--during a solar eclipse- (another strange person on the earth full of them}:eek: :mad: :(

The Buzz- Ken white- LVRJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back