Around the weird:news of the bizarre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Words You Never Expected To See Together: Man Shoots Toy Plane For Making Goats Faint

A Michigan man says he was defending his family when he fired a shotgun at his neighbor's radio-controlled model airplanes.

David Nuttle says the planes have been a nuisance. He says they scare his children, spook his chickens and cause his goats to faint.

Nuttle says two shots hit one of the planes. He says it crashed when the child operating it lost control after being frightened by the shooting.

Nuttle pleaded guilty to one count of malicious destruction of property. He's been sentenced to six months of probation and 50 hours of community service. He also has to pay $154 restitution and $550 in fines.

SLEEPYHEADS START MORNING WITH GUNFIRE

Ever wanted to shoot your alarm clock in the morning?. Then Spanish designer Roger Ibars can make your dream come true :lol: .He has hooked up a Nintendo light gun to a digital alarm clock for morning fun. The combo enables the owner to set the hour and minutes on the alarm clock by shooting the Nintendo gun to the left and right, or stop the incessant beeping in the morning by pointing the gun at the clock and holding the trigger. Another clock of his lets the user perfrorm similar functions with an old Atari joystick. Ibars designs can be seen at ---selfmadeobjects.net--and his Nintendo gun clock is for sale on ebay :D

Source- The Buzz- Ken White- Review Journal

How about Boo Boo the chicken?
'Kiss of life' for Boo Boo the chicken
A retired nurse saved her brother's chicken, Boo Boo, by administering mouth-to-beak resuscitation last week after the fowl was found floating face down in the family's pond in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. Marian Morris said she hadn't had any practice with cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in years, but she was interested to see if she "still had it". "I breathed into its beak, and its dadgum eyes popped open," Morris said. "I breathed into its beak again, and its eyes popped open again. I said, 'I think this chicken's alive now. Keep it warm."' She said she did not know how to find a pulse on a chicken.

Boo Boo's owners, Jackie and Becky Calhoun, put her in a large cardboard box containing a grain feeder and water. They also placed a heater nearby. The chicken is called Boo Boo because she is easily frightened

So Boo Boo's been on Jay Leno, and all sorts of stuff.

Alka-Seltzer(R) Set Guinness World Record(TM) for Largest Buffet to Celebrate 75th Anniversary
Tuesday March 28, 5:01 pm ET
Comedian Kathy Griffin Took First Bite

LAS VEGAS, March 28 /PRNewswire/ -- From french fries to fajitas ... hundreds of Las Vegans helped Alka-Seltzer®, the antacid known for its effervescent fast relief of indigestion and heartburn, celebrate its 75th anniversary by setting a "Guinness World Record" for the "World's Largest Buffet" with 510 items. The buffet was open to the public at the classic Las Vegas Hilton, where actress and comedian Kathy Griffin was on hand to host the event and take the first bite. The scene provided the perfect backdrop for Alka-Seltzer to celebrate its rich history of relief through 75 years of relieving generations of Americans from their most overindulgent moments.

"Guinness World Records is pleased to recognize Alka-Seltzer as a new member of our record-breaking family," said Nadine Causey, Guinness World Records. "We congratulate them on this remarkable achievement in setting the record for the Largest Buffet with 510 different items on March 28, 2006."

"I was so excited to host this event. I've certainly had many overindulgent moments of my own," said Kathy Griffin. "Alka-Seltzer is synonymous with relief and humor, two things I enjoy sharing with my audiences."

"Alka-Seltzer is one of the most iconic brands in American history, generating great nostalgic imagery which has kept the brand a mainstay of popular culture for 75 years," said Jay Kolpon, vice president, marketing and new business, Bayer Health Care's Consumer Care Division. "A brand with such tremendous heritage called for an anniversary celebration that is one for the record books."

Complete with dazzling ice sculptures, bubbling decor, effervescent columns and Alka-Seltzer relief stations, the "Guinness World Record" required a minimum of 500 distinct dishes and was presented throughout the 140-foot length of one of the Las Vegas Hilton's premiere ballrooms. Spread across more than 500 feet of combined table surface, culinary delights included BBQ style beef ribs, Mongolian chicken, salmon Wellington, cheese quesadillas, crispy buttermilk fried chicken, beef tenderloin tips braised in red wine, Tandoori chicken, soba noodle salad, chef carved Bourbon glazed ham, wood roasted chicken breast, tiramisu, New York style cheesecake and German chocolate cake. More than 20 chefs and sous chefs from the Hilton were on hand to prepare the food.

"Vegas is the ultimate city of overindulgence. We are known for our entertainment icons, 24-hour excitement and countless buffets," said Ken Ciancimino, executive vice president of the Las Vegas Hilton. "The Hilton has been home to many icons over the years, including Elvis Presley and currently Barry Manilow, so it's only fitting that we helped celebrate another iconic brand."

SURFERS MAKE FIRST REFILLABLE BEER BELLY

Brokks Lambert and some of his surfer buddies have created the Beerbelly-a strap-on belly-shaped beverage container that holds up to 80 opunces of liquid. Lambert says he and his surfer friends always wanted to sneak into movie theaters and other venues, but were tired of sticking cans of beer in their socks or worse, down their pants. The guys used their familiarity with wetsuits to rig up a sling and a neoprene "bladder" to make their first Beerbelly. Lambert says one customer got through airport security wearing a Beerbelly filled with cosmopolitan cocktails. But you can't already have an enormous beer belly if you want to wear the beerbelly. The waistiline can be 40 inches-maximum :eek: PLEASE- :eek:these idiots really need to find something better to do with thier time- :mad:

I think they do need to fill there time whith more costructive but still you got to admit its sortof clever.

What would happen though if the belly birst and he had like a load of bloody mary in there it would look like his stomach exploded HaHaHaHa!
That would be funny

it's not totally new news but a couple of summers ago we had a heatwave :eek: and frogs were blowing up all over the place. i think the heat did something to them - there were guts all over the play parks around town - ick

the french must have been going crazy watching there food blow up :lol:
(seariously french people who might read this I mean no offence, I love you french.)

EWWWWWWWWWW-GROSS- exploding frogs- awful and sad- frogs are cute- poor little things :( :(

SHORT EVANGELIST PREPARED FOR PODCASTS

A 3-foot-10-inch evangelist known as James the Giant says all his former jobs have prepared him for his biggest gig yet--a podcast ministry. Florida-based James Croft says he's tried his hand at radio-stand-up comedy-politics and the "solid waste industry", but he finally found his true calling in preaching. His small stature is actually an advantage, he says. "it gets a lot of attention, if I draw a crowd, I'm gonna give 'em the gospel" Croft is reaching new heights, technologically speaking, with a new monthly preaching podcast called "Walking With the Giant" available at ---jamescroft.org--- OK- whatever- you go little man :devil:

Source The Buzz- Ken White- Las Vegas Review Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back