Around the weird:news of the bizarre

Status
Not open for further replies.
National State of Emergency in the Philippines... well, no longer. It was hell. We even thought it would lead to Martial Law. Who knows? It may still happen?

OLD COUPLE PROMOTE ADVANCED CHILDBEARING

A 60-something Illinois couple are coming out of retirement to prove that they can turn an infant into a genius. marsh Kaminsky, a retired CPA, says he and his wife, Julie are looking for a family with a 12-20-month-old child that will allow the couple to move in and teach the tyke how to read English-Russian and French. "We're trying to prove--and I know absoutely we'll prove it---that intense brain stimulation at a young age will produce a child that is extremely beight and talented" Marsh Kaminsky says. The CPA-turned-educator taught his own son to read at age 2. "I did it because I couldn't stand doing tax returns all day". The kid ended up reading at a 4th grade level before he entered kindergarten"

Source- The Buzz- Ken White- Las Vegas Review Journal

FROG LOVERS SENDING HEARING AIDS TO MAYOR

The mayor of Hawaii County, Harry Kim, dosen't seem to be listening to the pleas of fans of the coqui tree frog :lol: So Sydney Ross Singer, the director of Coqui Hawaiian Integratiion and Reeducation Project (CHRIP) is asking for used hearing aids to be sent to the mayor because he isn't listening to citizens requests to leave the chirping frog alone. Enimies of the frog say the amphibian is an environmental nuisance and the loud croak of thousands of frogs could cause citizens to go deaf :eek:, but Singer claims that's just a myth ;) To show support, he's asking people to send the mayor used hearing aids. "I want the used ear wax still on them" EWWWWWWWWWWW :mad:

Source- The Buzz- Ken White- Review Journal

BUTT PINCHING GHOST

A butt-pinching ghost is making a ass of himself at an English pub :eek:. The groping ghost has had several close encounters with guests in the past six months. Pub owners hope to nip things in the butt by hiring a medium to deal with the ghost, who they believe is a former chef at the pub :D

Source- The Buzz- Ken White Review Journal

THE BRITISH FOREIGN OFFICE has been paying for a sex chat line for more than a year without knowning it :eek: Two satellite phones went missing months ago in Baghdad and no one realized they had been stolen. The phones have cost F.O. $1 million..........

Source The Buzz- Las Vegas Review Journal

L.A. WEIGHT LOSS CENTERS

They say that 40 percent of woman try to eat less than normal when they're out on a first date and 64 percent are willing to pass up desert to make a good impression. But 75 percent have no trouble chowing down once they've been dating a guy at least two or three months :eek:

Source- The Buzz- Ken White- Review Journal

gregsandwersfan--OMG- too bizzare- unbeliveable- what's next??- :eek: and are you from Holland- I'
m half Dutch- both grandmothers were born in Holland ;)

A nudist, who suffered thrid-degree burns while trying to work on his motor home, claimed the nylon shorts he was wearing at the time are to blame for his folly. :eek: Paul Kuschel from the Sunnier Palms Nudist park in Fort Pierce, FLA. was trying to start a generator on his motor home when it sprayed him with lighter fluid and set him on fire, burning his backside. In hindsight, Kuschel says 'I would have been better off wearing nothing at all"" another weirdo :rolleyes:

Source- The Buzz- Ken White-Review Journal

AUSSIE HELPS KITTIES KICK THE LITTER HABIT

An Australian woman is determined to make life easier, and less disgusting for cat owners with a kitty toilet training device calle "Litter Kwitter". Sydney-based Jo Lapidge says after seeing Mr. Jinx do his business on the toilet in the movie "Meet The Parents", she was set on getting her own cat, Doogie on the throne. Her design started out as an $8 toilet seat and a glue gun, and eventually developed into a pussycat potty training system, involving three color-coded disks place on the toilet seat in different stages to teach the cat to position itself correctly. Doogie is now completely toilet trained "It's the closet thing to bliss I can describe" Lapidge says. "he doesn't sit there and read the paper", she says. The invention is available at---litterkwitter.com--this woman needs to get a life :eek:

Source- The Buzz- Ken White- Las Vegas Review Journal

SAUGUS, Calif. (AP) - Sonia Goldstein was flattered by the nice recruiting letter asking her to consider becoming one of ``the few, the proud.'' But at age 78, she believes she's just a little old to enlist in the U.S. Marine Corps.

``I couldn't believe it,'' Goldstein told KCAL-TV on Friday. ``My girls were sitting here ... we were in hysterics, we laughed so hard.''

The letter told her the corps could use her unique language skills, but also warned that life as a Marine would test her physical and mental abilities ``beyond anything you've ever known.''

``There I am with my walker. I can't maneuver from here to there without it,'' said Goldstein, who added that her only language is English.

``I'll do whatever I could for this wonderful country we live in,'' she said. ``But you know, this is kind of stretching it a bit.''

The Marines ordinarily recruit people 18 to 27, said Maj. Joseph Kloppel, a corps spokesman. He said the letter must have been sent by mistake.

``Seventy-eight is obviously too old,'' Kloppel added.

needmorecsi good one :lol:

BOY LOOKS FOR FATHER INSIDE STRIP CLUB

Tulsa, Okla.--A man was arrested at a strip club after police alleged his young son wandered from the car into the club. Chris Killion, 31, was arrested on Saturday on a complaint of "encouraging a minor child to be in need of supervision" The boy told police that his father told him to stay in the car and that if he left it "monsters would eat him" :( :mad: A manager called police and said that about 30 minutes after Killion entered the club, a 3 yr. old boy came inside looking for his father-(great parent) :eek:

Source- The Buzz- Review Journal

Here's four more.

OLD SAYBROOK, Conn. (AP) - A man has been arrested after allegedly trying to pass himself off as the new owner of a large shoreline house - the former home of the late Katharine Hepburn.

Local police are well aware that the actress lived in the mansion in the Fenwick section of town until her death in 2003. The new owner, a New York architect, bought the place a year ago.

Police got suspicious Sunday night when a man and woman in a pickup truck pulling a trailer full of furniture drove up to the house. Two other cars also arrived with the pickup truck.

Lt. Michael Spera said he saw the truck and pulled it over. The driver, Jose M. Raposo, 38, "said he was moving into his new house," said Spera.

"When I asked him which house he was moving into, he pointed to Katharine Hepburn's house," Spera said.

Spera, a lifelong resident of the town, said he was having difficulty believing Raposo's story, which fell apart when Raposo's keys couldn't open the doors to the house.

Raposo told Spera he had lived in the house with his wife for the last two years and was awarded the mansion when they split. But he couldn't produce any proof of ownership.

The girlfriend told Spera she had moved everything out of her apartment in Danielson and thought she was moving into the mansion.

Spera said neither Raposo or any of the people who came in the other cars, ostensibly to help with the move, were aware that the home had belonged to Hepburn. Raposo told Spera he was simply looking for a large home in a nice town with a three-car garage and picked this one.

Spera arrested Raposo on a charge of simple trespass. He was brought to the Police Department and released.

When Hepburn lived in the 8,000-square-foot brick house, it sat on 3.3 acres and had nine bedrooms, eight bathrooms and five fireplaces.

Hepburn died June 29, 2003. She was 96.
------------
TULSA, Okla. (AP) - A Kansas man was arrested at a Tulsa strip club after police say his toddler son wandered from an unlocked car into the club over the weekend.

Christopher Greg Killion, 31, was arrested Saturday on a complaint of "encouraging a minor child to be in need of supervision." He posted $500 bond and was released from the Tulsa Jail.

The toddler told police that his father told him to stay in the car, and that if he left it, "monsters would eat him," reports indicate.

A manager at the club had called police to report that about 30 minutes after Killion entered the club, a 3- to 4-year-old boy came inside looking for his father.

Officers determined that the boy had been left alone in a car in the strip club's parking lot. The car was unlocked and parked about 20 feet from a four-lane street. It was raining and 45 degrees outside at the time, an officer noted in the police report.
---------------------
PITTSBURGH (AP) - Police cordoned off downtown streets for nearly two hours and SWAT teams searched buildings Wednesday for a possible sniper with a rifle, but it turned out to be a man with a pellet gun that he used to shoot pigeons.

Police Chief Dom Costa said charges were being considered because it is illegal to shoot a pellet gun in the city.

While it may be legal to carry a pellet gun, he said, "there's not a lot of common sense to it."

A caller to 911 reported seeing a man dressed partly in camouflage and carrying what appeared to be a rifle equipped with a telescopic or laser gunsight, police at the scene said.

Mayor Bob O'Connor, wearing a bulletproof vest, called the man a "presumed sniper."

Several roads and bridges leading into the city were closed, city buses were rerouted, and students at nearby schools were kept inside.

However, after focusing on a building in the city's theater district, police said they had located the man's supervisor, who said the man sometimes takes his pellet gun to work to shoot pigeons. Police did not release the man's name or say what his job is.
--------------
FERNANDINA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A movie set at the downtown post office turned all too real for a group of high school filmmakers. Members of the high school Spanish club were shooting a movie Thursday night when the police showed up believing a hostage crisis was going on inside the post office.

But apparently, someone saw the teens carrying toy guns into the building on Centre Street, which is the heart of the town's historical district. When they couldn't get an answer to calls placed inside the building, they assumed the worst.

Police cordoned off the block, cleared nearby buildings and surrounded the post office ready for a hostage crisis. When a group of students left the post office, they were ordered to get on the ground, face down.

Postmaster Ron Steedley had given permission for the school group to use the post office after hours to make a movie, "Rolling Thunder." Steedley said he didn't think the student's movie would frighten anyone.

Devon Menendez, the film's director, said his film career is over.

"I'm not accepting any more offers to direct a movie," he said.

Two-head girl dies of infection

An Egyptian girl who survived an operation to remove a second head has died from a brain infection.

Manar Maged suffered from a rare condition that occurs when an embryo splits in the womb but does not develop fully into a twin.

Her second head could smile and blink, but could not survive independently.

Doctors in Cairo operated on Manar in February 2005, when she was aged just 10 months. She died, aged two, after being rushed to hospital with a fever.

"She was admitted to hospital in a very bad way," said Abla el-Alfy, a consultant paediatrician involved in her care.

"She had a very severe infection in the brain and she wasn't able to fight it."

Doctors at the Benha Children's Hospital had regarded the fact that Manar survived the initial 13-hour operation as a success.

Her condition improved after the surgery, but she continued to suffer regular infections, Mr Alfy told Reuters news agency.

The second head contained eyes, a nose and a mouth, but was not connected to any internal organs and was not capable of independent thought.

Known as craniopagus parasiticus, the condition is one of the rarest forms of birth defects.

BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back