Around the weird:news of the bizarre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it is very unusually because of the menopause.

I cannot believe someone still wants to have kids when they are over 50. (well, my neighbour did. He got married first time now when he was 52). I mean, when kid is in their worst age, you'll be 65 or 70 or 75? Can you still rise your kids to be a good human being?

Besides, there's a HUGE risk to get ill child or that something else goes wrong.

Yea it is unusual- being's it stated that the WORLD RECORD was a woman age 66-no 70 yr olds :eek: and really-on haveing kids after 50-- - means when the kid is 10 she'll be 72--YIKES :eek: more weird stuff- :confused:

A female ice skater recently fell through the ice into a freezing lake in Hungary and survived by hoklding on to the edge of the ice with her TEETH :eek:. The 29-yr old woman was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment :eek:

Source Buzz Briefs-Ken White-Review Journal
kwhite@reviewjournal.com

From BBC News:
Last Updated: Tuesday, 21 February 2006, 16:33 GMT

21 rescued after floor collapses

Twenty-one people were rescued after becoming trapped when they fell nine feet as a floor collapsed during a health and safety meeting at a firm.

A Greater Manchester Fire Service spokesman said a mezzanine floor collapsed at Findel Education in Hyde Buildings, Ashton Road, Hyde.

Firefighters and paramedics used ropes and ladders to free the trapped people.

The fire service said one end of the floor gave way and the people fell 9ft (2.7m) into an empty office.

Eight of those trapped by furniture and supplies were taken to hospital for further treatment.

A fire service spokesman said the person with the worst injury had a suspected broken ankle with others suffering neck, back injuries and bruising.

He said the incident happened during a health and safety meeting.

The Hyde office is the headquarters of Findel Education which is an educational supplies business.

Investigation begins

The meeting began at about 1000 GMT on Tuesday with the 21 safety officers sitting around a large wooden conference table.

Staff in the ground floor office underneath noticed the ceiling moving and ran out of the room seconds before it collapsed.

More health and safety officers arrived later from Tameside Borough Council to investigate the cause of the incident.

A spokesman for Findel Education Ltd said: "The affected area has been sealed off but the rest of the building remains operational, in agreement with the health and safety officers."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4735984.stm

OMG- HOW HORRIBLE- YIKES :eek:makes ya wonder what's safe- :(

Park workers must have gagged when they stumbled across a bunch of foot-long cow tongues near a playground in Portland, Ore.---One of the tongues had about 18 needles stuck in it- which is belived to be a Hoodoo ritual {Hoodoo is Africian American folk magic with European and American Indian influnces) "I've found all kinds of things in parks" said a safety manager-but nothing like this" All the same, I'm not really that excited about it. I just hope it's an isolated inccident" CREEPY :eek:

Source- Buzz Briefs- Ken White-Review Journal

REALLY-EWWWWWWWWWWW :( this is just plain stupid :mad:

A theif in Kelso, Wa. wrote his own arrest warrant to sheriff's deputies by leaving a note inside his house saying-- 'Do not open door and let anyone in!!! Stolen stuff visible" Investigators recovered stolen antiques-furniture-jewerly-credit cards and at lesdt 19 guns from the home-FREAK :eek:

Source- Buzz Lites-Ken White- Review Journal

a man in sudan who was caught in a compromising position with a goat was forced to pay the goats owner a dowry of 15 000 dinars ($50) the goats owner heard noises at night, went out side and saw the man with his goat. he captured him, tied him up, then went to the elders to seek advice on what to do. as far as he knows, the man and goat are still together.
bbc news

The latest weekly free email from This Is True includes the following items:

IT PAYS TO ADVERTISE: Tyrone Burgo, 20, was arrested in Boston, Mass., for allegedly selling drugs. Police say it wasn't that he was driving a car with a license plate from another car that led to his arrest, nor that he was driving with a suspended license. Rather, they were led to Burgo because he had advertised his cocaine on the Internet, listing his real phone number. Officers called, set up a meeting, and arrested him after he handed over the drugs. (Boston Globe, AP) ...Too bad he didn't try to figure out what "BPD Det Bureau" was on his Caller-ID before he agreed to the deal.

ON A (CHICKEN) WING AND A PRAYER: A group of 60 ministers protested plans to open a Hooters restaurant in Waco, Texas. It went in anyway, and on opening day Monsignor Isidore Rozycki, the head Roman Catholic priest for the area, was there to say a blessing. "Blessings are part of the Catholic tradition," Rozycki said, noting he had eaten at other Hooters outlets. He noted the restaurants in the chain are "a place of laughter" with "great food." Fr. Rozycki got the gig by invitation: a police detective suggested it to the restaurant managers, and they liked the idea. Rozycki felt it was important to bless the "families that enter" as well as the employees who work there to support their families, but many area Catholics are outraged that the 63-year-old priest would dare enter the restaurant. (Waco Tribune) ...Yet the moment someone spots an apparition of the Virgin Mary in a steamed clam, they'll all flock to the place.

don't get enough sleep--A Vietnamses man may have you beat-- he hasn't slept in 33 years--The 64-yre. old contacted a fever in 1973 and hasn't slept since. "the wife said, he used to sleep really well-but no a days even liquor cannot put him down" WHOA-talk about an insomniac

The Buzz-Ken White-Review Journal

WOMAN DIES WHEN SHE IS DROPPED 23 FLOORS

Harrisburg, PA. A man and his girlfriend had been drinking in the wee hours before she ws dropped from a 23rd-story apartment window, police said Monday. Kevin Eckenrode told police the couple was horsing around when he dangeled her out the apt. window Saturday night-and lost his grip on her arms. The girlfriend 23-yr. old Rachel Kozlusky died when she fell to the pavement. Eckenrode was charged with homicide and possession of drug paraphernalia and held without bail
:(stupid people

Source- The Buzz- Ken White Review Journal

desertwind said:
don't get enough sleep--A Vietnamses man may have you beat-- he hasn't slept in 33 years--The 64-yre. old contacted a fever in 1973 and hasn't slept since. "the wife said, he used to sleep really well-but no a days even liquor cannot put him down" WHOA-talk about an insomniac

The Buzz-Ken White-Review Journal

That isn't possible, if you don't sleep for ten days you will die. I think you should re-check the reliability of your source.

:lol: If this is true I guess Becks isn't as smart as I think he is...:p

England soccer captain David Beckham confessed he is befuddled by his 6-year-old son Brooklyn's math homework in an interview with The Mail newspaper Sunday.

Beckham, 30, admitted to being baffled when Brooklyn recently asked for help with a school assignment and had to turn to his former Spice Girls pop star wife Victoria to help out.

``Their homework is so hard these days. I sat down with Brooklyn the other day -- and I was like, `Victoria, maybe you should do the homework tonight.'

``I think it was math, actually. It's done totally differently to what I was teached when I was at school, and you know, I was like, `Oh my God, I can't do this.'

'Brooklyn was like, `Please do it with me,' and I'm like, 'I'll read your book with you.' ''

The Real Madrid midfielder's son attends the exclusive Runnymede College in the Spanish capital, which follows the British national curriculum.

The Mail on Sunday gave examples of some national curriculum math questions for 7-year-olds.

They include: ''Bet went to the shop at 11:45. She came back half an hour later. What time did she come back? and "What is 12 divided by three?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back