"Appendicitement" Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I think this one had the feeling of a fanfic. :lol:

It was fun to see, even if it was a little weird in places. I love Henry! He's just the perfect one for this stuff to have happened to. :)

I loved it when the guy died and Brass was trying to wake him up by calling him by his pet name, Bountiful Panda! And he said, "Bernie! Hey...bonnefull...bonnefull..pand...uh oh...ohhh." :guffaw:

And a side note...the guy who played "Slick" was the carnival worker in "Justice is Served"...the one Catherine told to pee in a cup, "And don't tell me you're shy!"

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Brass was funny!

And I thought Slick looked familiar. I'm glad you posted that, cause it was driving me nuts!

3. 915

915 CSI Level One

Just the way Brass said. "Oh no." Made me burst out laughing didn't help I was trying not to laugh through the whole episode and then that scene killed me and I lost it. :guffaw:I think people in my dorm hall think I'm crazy because I randomly burst out laughing. :lol:

I didn't reconize the guy I really need to watch some old CSI episodes. Though I think its a good thing not everybody reconizes when they reuse actors.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

:guffaw:We just watched this again, OMG silly, funny and strange :cardie: It was reminicent of "Ending Happy" and bunch of losers:rolleyes: and The 4 guys first getting into that wreck and came out of it with only a few scratches. except for Nicky who was bleeding, [btw, who's car was that?] and walking together like in a Clint Eastwood type movie to the bar. Hog Hideout, a low-life rauncy, seed, tacky dismal bar. Nick suspicious and finding the guy with the dead raccoon in his face:wtf: All their theories. no phone service and Henry talking to the dead guy and the raccoon and singing Davy Crockett:lol:

Case B, with Dr. Langston and Cath working a case. Seeing the girl drowned and not knowing who did it. Dr. Ray, he's awesome, what a powerful presence, his smooth, cool demeanor, and the delivery of his dialogue so precise. He and Cath work well together. Brass coming onto the scene and waaking up Bernie:lol: cute guy EEEK:rolleyes:

The reinactment of the guy and the racoon, only CSI could think of this or pull it off. hilarious although sad too:( Slick holding gun on Henry, and Nick comes to his rescue, Nick rocked in this ep. so right on in all areas. Slick says a prayer, and Nick and the others bow their heads:shifty:

Shriley enters, beautiful woman and so classy NOT Where's Harry? and poor Henry as Shirley puts the moves on him EWWW:scream:

Dr. Langston and Wendy finding different needles~

Brass and Bernie who kept falling alseep and Brass saying "Cut the crap" and him saying Lily called him "Bountiful Panda" and Brass going "It sounded better in Manderin" then one last time when he hit the table he died~

Nick finding the rubber dummy in the freezer, his expression priceless:lol: this place was a little house or bar of horrors:angryrazz:

Shirley and the guys what a piece of trash and a tramp she was. And Hodges finding a distillery down stairs more weird stuff~

Greg's ingenuity, with a subsitute phone:thumbsup:

Ray and Doc find Bernie's intestines all messed up like the other guy with 2 appendix Ray "Dr. Jekyll is back"

Henry and Slick playing cards and he think's it's FISH, Henry goes "It's Gin Rummy":lol:he then burned himself with sufuric acid and Nick puts coals on the burn and find a skull, more weirdness:eek:

Cath and Ray find the guy who drowned Lily wore a size 13 shoe [and FYI, Ray wears a 13 1/2]~

Apparently the skull was Harry and they were a ways back cooking his ribs GROSS:vulcan:and he had Hepatitis B which he passed on to everyone who ate him~

Brass and Shirley about her love life with Harry and Slick, and how she dumped one for the other and Brass with his always humorous one line "What man wouldn't":guffaw:

Who killed Harry, Nick and Greg and Hodges didn't come to any conclusions:confused:

Doc finding weird little tubing/vials inside Bernie, with one that said MICHAELANGLO and Ray looking through a book found one line missing, what does this mean? again my opinion would be an A+

FUNNY EPISODE,:guffaw: Nick to me was the funniest one, his comments and his expressions, so he's handsome a fine actor and funny!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  5. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

The guy with the raccoon on his face apparently killed Harry and got his mother in Florida to send a fake postcard to Harry's wife to make Harry's wife think that Harry had run off with all the money. Meanwhile, raccoon-face finished siphoning off the money. I think that's what happened. :)

6. Zipster

Zipster Witness

Love it. Just loved it.

Had everything I wanted from a CSI show, the humor of LV has always been a key part of the show for me. Serious side in case B and humor in case A - brilliant. Was a nice use of the cast very nice. Missed Sara.

10/10 - bravo.

Brass.. man he makes me die, I love him lol!

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

This episode won out in the ratings (I know Greys was a re-run) with over 17 million viewers. I think it goes the show who the viewers love to see the most - Original characters Nick and Greg instead of Dr Ray!

The only thing that bothered me about this episode was that the guys do not appear to be wearing seat belts. Being part of law enforcement, they should know better. Then they have a roll over crash and walk away with just a few cuts and spit up blood. Even though it was a very funny moment, I think it was done irresponsibly.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think it's because of the kind of car they drove. The old style cars didn't have shoulder belts.

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Not my favorite episode, but it did have some amusing lines. But a few too many shots of the raccoon on the face. And in the end, kidnapping (we've had 2 of our CSI's kidnapped, one in a parking garage, and another beat up by people in masks) and cannibalism are just not that funny. Evan Dunsky's episodes are a love/hate thing with me. But I did love Henry in this.
    I actually liked the B case better. I like seeing Ray and Catherine work together. And Brass' interrogation of the guy with narcolepsy was funny.
    I also agree with Misfit about the car wreck. It only bothered me because I doubt they could have really walked away from it without wearing seat belts. But, not the first time we have to suspend realism in the CSI world.

Overall, a C from me.

10. byline

byline CSI Level One

I do agree with Toots that the opening was mean. My husband and I both felt that way. We're just not big fans of practical jokes. But, other than that, the episode was hilarious, and we really enjoyed it, especially the "High Noon" aspect of the guys as they were walking away from the car to the barbecue place.

Good catch on the identical shoe size 13! I didn't notice that.

"Best birthday ever." My husband and I both cracked up on that. Great episode!

11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

BahHumbug is right though about that being an older car which they did not have the shoulder belts. Plus older cars were made better than cars nowadays. Their shells were made of better materials making hold up better in a roll like they had. (One reason why a lot of car fanatics love the older cars.) I think it was Nick's car though, since he knew there were flashlights and all that equipment in the backseat. Maybe he owns two cars. Overall the damage to the car did not look like it was totaled.

12. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Would it be too much to hope for a Catherine, Sara, Wendy, and Mandy outing? Probably. But Sarah Goldfinger could have written a great one. Too bad she's gone. :( How about Jacqueline Hoyt? :)

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WOW, that's the thing some of you noticed the "seat-belts"" I didn't even pay attention to that:confused: and who's car was it, it was a old clunker. I was baffled that no one came out more seriously hurt:confused: and they didn't seem to care what happened to it either, just walked away. A car crash of any sort would traumatize me, and I don't think I could just walk away and leave it:(

14. texastimothy

texastimothy Hit and Run

Well they had no choice but to leave it as the road was empty, the car was busted, their cell phones didn't work and the Hog place was just up the street.

It's also true about older cars having better stability so the roll they did could easily and realistically have produced the injuries they endured.

It was a ratings hit. Hope this makes them realize that audiences love to see a fun episode now and then. It was just so cool and hip :cool:.

I will say that there's no way Dr. Ray is Jekyl. That would be too dumb and the coincedences are probably just pointing out that at this point, it could be anyone.

Also, there's no such thing as size 13 1/2 shoes. The stop making half sizes at 12.

15. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Yes, there is a size 13 1/2, but you have to order it online, but it's very expensive.

O/T Shag's shoe size 14 or 15, he has to orders all his clothes and shoes online and it's cost a million dollars because of his height.

Back on topic, I wondering whose car belong too. This is good episode. I don't think Ray is Jeykell or something. It's too easy. I think this person is well trained doctor. I know Ray is a doctor, but not that kind of doctor who does surgery. I have never see Ray do the surgery. I guess we won't find out who the doctor 'till season finale. We only got one more CSI left in Dec. 'till the show come back in Jan. 14th.