Anna/Lindsay #2- Montana Girl in the Big City

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good point about "Cool Hunter." She seemed really empathetic to the woman's situation. When she looked up from the bottom of the tower, she had that look of understanding! She seemed to really understand that woman's plight. :)

I want them to reveal her story as well. But I'd rather her story be revealed through a series of episodes---a piece at a time---instead of one episode(I think we've talked about this one before). It seems the writers have left a lot of storylines dangling around. I don't want the writers just to write an episode in which everything is revealed about her past, and then they pretend the next week like everything's okay. Stories like these have a large role in affecting the character. I just hope that the story ends with a positive effect. Like everyone else, I'm tired of women being made the victim in nearly every story. ;)

You want it dragged?? I want it now!.. I don't wanna be patient, I want it.. I want to know her secret now. And possibly, my possiblities for what happened are wrong, thats fine, I'm good with that. I just wanna know what her big secret is....

^I always think that there are things that need to be changed (or shown differently) about all characters...always room for something different. Characters change over periods of time, just like people do. I think more than anything, I'd just like some questions answered about Lindsay or perhaps see 'an adjusted to New York' Lindsay. I'd definitely like to see 'less secretive past Lindsay' and more of what really makes her tick!

Lindsay is generally calm and focused on work. But she has had moments, though, where she has been emotional---with not much explanation. Yet in the beginning she was trying to please Mac a lot---which I understand---been there, done that. I think viewers enjoy knowing 'the why' and the motivation behind a character.

I want to see the vulnerable side of Lindsay more, but I'd like to see Lindsay's toughness more. In the beginning, they showed Lindsay as a strong female. As the season went on, they showed less of this. I'd like to see Lindsay in tougher situations...test how she has adjusted to New York and her role as NYPD detective. Perhaps, there will always be a part of "Montana" in Lindsay, and that is okay. I feel like we didn't get to see her assimulate into 'city life' that much. I think I'd like to see Lindsay a little more vulnerable---struggle a little more with things, but ultimately come out stronger in the long run. :)

Lynn---I don't want TPTB to drag her 'secret' out over a year or two. But I don't want the secret to be revealed all of the sudden and then 'boom'---it's dropped. ;)

I think I'd like to know why Lindsay is so secretive. Is it just her personality, or something a little deeper?

The secret: Do you all think anyone on the team knows- even Mac? For some reason, I just think this may be something that she has hidden from everyone, probably in order to try to shake her past.

Last is behind spoiler cut, since it is somewhat related to the Ep 3 spoiler
Danny is supposed to confront Lindsay because she always pulls away. We don't know if it has to do with her past, or maybe she's worried about dating a coworker, or worried about Danny's rep. One scenario I've thought a lot about: Back in Montana, Lindsay was engaged to someone (could be a coworker, but wouldn't be necessary for the scenario). He for some reason (accident, illness, whatever) died. Lindsay is afraid of getting close to anyone, afraid she'll be hurt again.

The secret: Do you all think anyone on the team knows- even Mac? For some reason, I just think this may be something that she has hidden from everyone, probably in order to try to shake her past.
You know, that's one of the things that I keep going back and forth with. On the one hand, I think it would be interesting to see if Mac knew her secret and how that might affect their interaction at some point (or even, if the writers do make D/L canon, if Danny would have a negative reaction to Mac knowing something about Linday that he didn't know). On the other hand, I think it's very possible that Lindsay has kept this secret hidden from everybody in NY. I wonder, if this is the case, if the audience will find out her secret before the rest of the team--I always like that for some reason. ;) It's like the viewers are part of the story.

Also, I've considered that particular situation as well, pizzapie (as well as numerous others ;)), and I think it's a definite possibility. It would certainly explain why she might act differently given the direction that things seem to be going in S3.

Radical618 said:
okay guys I have a question... Would there be anything you would want to see changed about Lindsay?

I'd definitely like the writers to pick a Lindsay and go with her. I felt like we met three distinct personalities throughout the second season, and I'd like to see just one. I have a feeling based on that spoiler for ep 3 they're going with the angsty one, which would have been my last choice. I don't want to see Lindsay being dramatic and emotional in every episode. If she really was brought in to lighten up the show and other characters, to go the total angst route seems counter-productive.

Back to her secret...I kind of doubt Mac knows, otherwise it wouldn't make for much drama. If Mac found out she had a killer in her family, that could be something that would, if not give him pause in hiring her, at least be relevant enough to give her a psych exam. I think the scene at the end of "Stealing Home" showed there's something a little off about her--or at least some demons driving her to need to know a killer's motive--which could affect her job as a CSI. That is kind of interesting.

nice points everyone.. and I agree with Top, pick a Lindsay and stick with that... I personally like the lighter Lindsay better than the all mad one.. somedays suck and she could be grumpy.. but she's generally a "better" person when she's lighter.

I like both pizzapie's thought process about that spoiler but I also like Faylinn's idea about no one knowing and the audience finding out. And Top41's idea of Lindsay wanting to know the motive at some point affect or getting in the way interesting too. ;) So I guess I want a combo of all those.

RE: what change we would like to see in Lindsay

I'd like to see what life was like for her back in Montana, her frustration with the big city sometimes.

ok guys alittle help somewhere on one of the danny or lindsay threads(on here)i got a link to a danny/lindsay messege board,i joined it and book marked it but this morning when i came on the link was gone from my bookmarks :( so can someone help me out and give me the link again????? :confused:

If Mac found out she had a killer in her family

How about a killer in HER?...now THAT would be interesting. Like she's suppressing some kind of dark tendencies with her sunniness....*as corny as that may sound..*

Oops...I didn't realize I double posted...I thought I was posting in another thread...sorry...sorry...sorry..

^In a way, it could fit. She was almost too joyful at doing the reconstruction in "Zoo York."

Although if she has killed in the past, I'm not sure she could be a police officer, unless it was self defense.

Right now, I'm liking the family killer possibility.

And a pic of Lindsay from last weeks TVGuide
here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back