Ann Donahue

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Apr 10, 2006.

1. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

*throws article at computer*
    At least Marisol will be out of the picture next year. And if that story arc is that type of thing that David Caruso thinks of, please keep him FAR away from the writing room.
    Natalia's going to be back? NOOOO. I don't have anything against the actress, and I actually think she's a decent job with what she's been given. I wouldn't if she was actually doing field work/lab work/ or even the cold case stuff could bring an intersting element to the show. But it seems that the brought her on solely for drama.
    Tripp will be a main character!!!
    What's this about the mole being a main character. All I can say is that if they take off Calleigh, I am through with Miami.

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

One reason for headtilt... or at least why it happens while holding a gun. He is right-handed and left-eyed.

But to this "World Most watched Show" I told to Thumpsy earlier that it may be now, but they should remember that most of the world is 1-2season behind. So when s4 hits the foreign countries, perhaps it's not on their top 10 lists anymore. Of course they can count it as that no other show has sold to so many countries.

3. ShuriyuCSI

ShuriyuCSI Judge

^^^ On that note, Ducky and Destiny, it could be that he's losing his eye sight and refuses to wear glasses of any sort or even contacts(being as stubborn as he is). Either that or his eyes are really sensitive to light and dark. He probably has good intentions for the show, but it's getting to be that time of age when everything starts turning around on you. Perhaps he had a mishap and damaged his eye in his earlier years and fails to mention it?

4. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

Warning, long and probably rambling post ahead:

Now that I've had time to digest what was said in the interview I think I can better get across my feelings, needless to say I will be mentioning spoilers aplenty. As I said in a previous post, I don't even recognize my beloved Miami anymore. It's always been my favorite of the three and the first one I watched. It's true that Miami has always been pretty different from both LV and NY, and I've always liked that. I like that it's a bit more action oriented that the other two. I'm all for a little drama in the show too, but when it starts to take over the show and the cases become afterthoughts it's too much. I also don't mind seeing a bit of the characters personal lives, but not like this. I mean really, think about what has happened this season:

We have one character (Horatio) who's already had one girlfriend die this season, and might I add he was also suspected of commiting the crime. His new girlfriend who is not only the sister of one of his team, is also sick and may possibly become pregnant, but guess what, she's going to die too, and it's not from her disease.Then we have Delko, who not only has to deal with his sick sister (although as I said in another thread, it seems that he's almost become an afterthought in this whole storyline), but he had a pregnancy scare with the new Cold Case lady (Natalia), and then the relationship soured. And speaking of Natalia, it's now looking like she may enter into some type of relaionship with Ryan, who was or had been dating the reporter lady (Erica) at the beginning of the season.

Seriously, am I watching CSI: Miami or As The World Turns?

Again, I'm thrilled that Rex Linn is going to be added to the opening credits next year, it's way overdue. Frank Tripp is one of the best things about this show. Natalia being a regular cast member doesn't excite me at all. As far as I can see she has served absolutely no purpose other that this blasted love triangle. I actually loved Eva LaRue back when I used to watch AMC years ago, so it's not the actress I have issues with, it's the character. Plus, that blew the slim hope I had that she was the mole, right out of the water.

About the mole, like others who have posted in here, I've been narrowing down the list of 'suspects' based on what we know. It's supposed be a beloved character, and not a scondary character. Ok, I consider Aaron, Cooper, and Valera to be secondary characters, so I'm assuming they're off the list. We know that Rex and Eva are in the credits next season, so scratch Frank and Natalia off the list. It's not going to be Horatio or Ryan, they're trying to flush out the mole. That leaves Eric, Calleigh, and Alexx. I'm listing Eric becuase I'm hoping that this 'love triangle' mess will be finished by the end of this season. *is really, really hoping that's the case* Now from that list I can't come up a reason why any of these characters would want to rat on the lab. Although, I have been thinking of something...with Natalia being a main character next season, and this whole Cold Case thing seeming to just be an excuse to introduce the character, I'm wondering what the possibilites are of having Natalia become an actual CSI next season, say to fill a open position vacated by either Eric or Calleigh? Ok...I just scared myself, forget I said that. :(

I agree Top. I've been watching my S1-3 dvds a lot lately and when you see those older episodes along side of what we've been given this season, it's like comparing night and day. I'm also a huge Speed fan, but I love Ryan too. His character and his storylines have been what's been keeping me watching this season (not counting the E/N/R thing). I think they have been right on the mark with his development as a character.

I'm sorry, this still just bothers me. I know that in the tv world ratings mean everything, and this recent news that Miami is the 'most watched show in the world', may have them thinking that they're doing everything right. I'm a senstive soul who can get her feelings hurt easily, so I can also understand the whole 'fear of being hurt' thing. But to say 'the audience speaks to us through the remote' and leave it at that seems a bit naive to me, for lack of a better word. Now, I can't speak for every CSI board out there as this is the only one I visit, but from what I've read in the Miami forum, for every one person out there that seems to like these storylines, there's at least 10 that don't, myself included. And yes, there will be negative remarks about the show, but within those remarks is also some wonderful and well thought out constructive criticism. I think that if someone would take the time to listen to what we're trying to say, they wouldn't have alienated some of their fanbase.

I don't know...those are just my opinions, take them for what they're worth.

5. ShuriyuCSI

ShuriyuCSI Judge

Thumpy, I agree with your thoughts and opinions on this. Now that you bring up the fact, earlier up in your post, that Horatio's girlfriend died, and now Marisol, it almost raises a suspicion that a person(s) is out to get him. Ruin his life as we know it. Call me supersticious, but that's just what it seems like to me.

It seems like there has been too much drama in terms of relationships. They're going too far off of the point of there being a 'spin-off'. Take "Law & Order" for example, there's two spin-off's from that, but they don't overstep their boundaries, per say. They still stick to the main point of the show, the different cases, even though there is still a little bit of the characters' development.

From what I've noticed, Miami seems to be more along the lines of dramatic, soap-opera-ish, if I may be so bold to say. Where as New York is a more modern type of spin off of the Original. It's almost like they started making Miami a drama spin-off and NY a 'stick-to-the-case' spin-off. Probably where they went wrong. The crowd in general seems to like something similar to Las Vegas but in a different atmosphere and different cases than that of what you'd see in Vegas.

What Donahue should do is read some feedback of some sort or another and change a few different things in the story line, to make it more likable to the general public. If any of the writers, or hell, even the CAST members said something about it, and actually made an improvement, the ratings would go up. I have only seen a handful of episodes from season one and three, and I have to admit, they are a heck of a lot better than season four. This season in itself seems to be the show's downfall despite it being the world's most watched. Hopefully, this is only a 'mood-swing' season and they'll start writing some good storylines again in season five. Because in the fifth season, that's when their 100th episode is airing (to my knowledge). They really need to step it up. Turn everything around and make a big bang of the show.

Anyways, I feel like I've confused someone, so I'll stop there.

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Jen I agree 100% with what you've said.

I do believe that the writers/producers of CSI:Miami are in a way alienating a large chunk of the fans. There is no way they could possibly know what we actually think of the show if they don't take the time to properly acknowledge us. All the producers are saying,-Ann included- is that they recieve fan mail and large ratings. Okay, that's great, it shows there are a lot of people who love the show. Me, personally, I love the show to bits but I have huge problems with some of the storylines.

I do believe they think they're doing the right thing to please the fans, but...they're taking it a little too far. Sometimes less is more, and I would like to see a little less next season especially. I've had my fill of drama, and BELIEVE ME it was enough. I watch seasons one and two for relief from the drama, and for a little more humor. I hate these episodes that get a little too political for my taste, and when they start to get political, they drift into the area of confusing and just plain irritating.

Right now, CSI:Miami is virtually unrecognizable. The stories are over the top, the bad guys don't carry that same 'scary charm' if you will, and they have no personalities. We really don't get into the minds of the bad guys anymore. The characters have changed so much, that I feel almost saddened to watch them interact with each other. That 'family' vibe is gone, that humor is gone, that playfulness and eagerness to solve the case is gone....They're not excited about the evidence anymore.

That brings me to what Ann Donahue said about Rory Cochrane leaving the show. She said that the evidence just didn't excite him anymore. Honestly I am thankful that he left when he did. If he left last season or this season, it would have been too late. His character would have already deteriorated so badly that Tim Speedle might have been bed hopping all the lab techs and dancing in the halls. I understand Rory wasn't excited about the show anymore, and right now I feel the same way. The show just doesn't get my blood pumping the way it used to.

CSI:Miami has been in a way, disconnected from the audience. The writers and producers don't seem to actually care about what the fans think, that Ann Donahue actually said she doesn't know how to use the internet. First of all, I understand there are some people who can't use the internet, but it's a clever way of getting people off her back about the fans. Now, what I have said might seem a little rude toward Ann, but it's the truth and it's my opinion so...I'm leaving it at that.

David Caruso admitted that it was his idea to get Marisol and Horatio getting together. I commend him for this, because he stood up for his character and the interest of the show. When the cast members have to step up and say "Now wait just a minute", there are problems.

If this show keeps going the direction that it is, it will no longer be the number one show in the world, plain and simple. I'm not going to continue to watch if I can't understand what's going on. That being said, for now I'm going to continue to watch and support my favorite show, but the producers and writers are stepping on some pretty thin egg shells, and they had better learn to get with it or get out.

7. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

i think the mole may be Alexx...i don't know why, but out of the three that are left, for some reason i just think it's Alexx...

and about Miami being the 'world's most watched show', thats all well and good, but if Donahue thinks that the audience like the storylines for that reason, well that is just stupid...i will probably continue watching, even if it gets ridiculously soapy, but probably only to see if the show has changed back into what i recgonise as the great show from s1-3...
    did Donahue ever think about that? just because the audience is watching doesn't mean they're doing it right...most people are probably only tuning in to see if this is the week that Miami goes back to normal (and to see who the damn mole is!)

and about this mole thing...Crime shows are supposed to be about the crime element. If they have a storyline such as this, it should be resolved in 1-3 episodes, max. Only soapies drag out storylines for a whole season...I think the writers should risk getting hurt and read the forums - if they did, they would realise that we are not happy with the storylines, and hopefully they will do something about it, but if they keep going by the ratings, they will assume that what they are doing is right, and they will continue doing it, being completely unaware that they are systematically destroying their own show...

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Actually DC wears glasses and contacts :) (or because I know he wears glasses, I just assume he uses contacts too... I cannot come up with why not)

And wearing sunnies. Heck, my mom wears her sunnies even it's cloudy if it's just bright. It can be bright and cloudy and I sometimes feel embarassed to be with her during those days :lol: And she doesn't even have any eyeproblems.

9. Karen45

Karen45 Dead on Arrival

My optician told me that people with blue/grey eyes are more sensitive to light than people who have other eye colours. I have steel grey eyes and I too have to wear sunglasses, especially when driving, even when it is just bright outside. I don't wear glasses all the time only for close work/reading.
    If I go out on bright days without my sunglasses it really does hurt my eyes. :cool:
    David eyes are the bluest I have ever seen. *sigh* :devil: