Ann Donahue

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Apr 10, 2006.

1. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Remember when Ryan was talking to Alexx about the mole, and then went to Horatio and told him he couldn't continue doing that much longer? Kinda makes sense now, because they both know who it is and they're trying to draw the mole out. Also, if Ryan didn't tell anyone about Alexx's perscription, how did it leak out? Had to have been Alexx herself.

That sucks, man.

I don't know. I think if Valera was the mole, they wouldn't be so careless in front of her. But they're always discussing the cases when she's around. Neither Ryan nor Horatio seem suspicious of her, but they were all hush hush when Alexx was around.

2. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

Sounds like a bunch of bull! :eek:

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Good point, but why would Alexx do that? And the way she confronted Ryan about it suggested she was upset about it. And Ryan's guilt could have come from having to mislead everyone. But, like you say, it could be that Alexx is the mole, though if they know that now, why haven't they exposed her yet?

That's a good point. Plus the camera focusing on Valera clearly eavesdropping in that one episode was soooo obvious. Too obvious.

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I just have one question about the interview, or rather something that wasn't asked in it, and hopefully maybe asked if she is interviewed again.

Why did they take H out of the lab? I mean that is what alot of fans are wondering in season 1 he was always working in the lab, then suddenly he just stopped I am hoping that "Ann" will have an answer for that.

Otherwise I thought it was a good interview, I like the Natalia character, and I am glad for both her and Rexx. H won't be the only one devistated think about Eric he will be to he will be losing a sister and a little neice/nephew. Gee maybe the family will come to the wedding? doubt it.

Makes your wonder alot of shows considered differently what a secondary character is, some think the more re-occuring they are the less secondary they are, but rather more in the limbo of Not the main cast but not secondary. I wonder if Stetler plays into any of this? He has that file on H, there was suppost to be something big that was going to happen between them (unless I blinked and missed it).

As to the M/H Storyline, I think at first M wasn't trying to be selfish thinking of all the things that she would be missing out on (ie having a child), But I can see peoples point that its unfair to the child to be concieved knowing the dangers. Course I also agree that they should have given H/M a little more time for the fans to adjust to them having a relationship and it growing.

The interview was definitly insightful, as to her not knowing how to get on the net, thats not an unusual line they toss it out there and that stops them from being asked further on it, then there are just some who really don't know. But I can understand why she wouldn't, besides what she had said, there is also the not to be influenced.

I mean seriously alot of writers will not look at fan boards because of the fact that say something similar to something mentioned on the board aired, whats to stop the fan from sueing and claiming it as their idea, even if it was shot and done before it was seen on the board?

Anyway I thought it was an overall good interview, except I was hoping to see that one question I asked above to be answered. :)

ETA: I thought about this in the Miami forum and thought I would put it here to. it was said:
    So then I wonder whose contract is either up, or who is looking to get out of their contract? That just made me Courious.

5. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

blah, when i read that interview i couldn't help laughing :lol:
    seriously, is she actually proud of these storylines? does she not realise that most people are completely sick of them?! maybe she needs to leave cuckoo-land first...

damn! i don't want the mole to be a main character, i don't want any of them to leave...

6. ShuriyuCSI

ShuriyuCSI Judge

Some of you say that Marisol will die in childbirth.. You can't have a baby in a week people! :lol: There's most likely something like.. Her getting shot or some odd thing.

Anybody wanna start placing bets on who the mole is? o_O Could prove to be interesting. If you made a thread on it, you could have a pole and then let people give their reasons and the evidence to support that reason. o__o Good discussion atleast, ne?

7. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

This whole storyline makes me want to throw up. Horatio is going to be a pain in the ass next season, and I don't like the idea of Horatio and Marisol getting married. I think both of them are so greedy for getting married. If Marisol dies after she gives birth to the child, I'm definatly done with the show.

As for the mole, all I have to say is that it better not be Calliegh, I adore her, and if she ever did something like that, I would immidiatly stop watching.

This whole story line is making me sick, I honestly hope these writers know what we think of this, and I kind of hope it's just a joke or something, because I really don't like this stuff.

8. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

midnight_tiptoes...I'm as horrified as you are. I don't even recognize this show anymore. I'm so stunned I don't even know what to say.

I notice in the article that she states that she doesn't read boards like this one to gauge the fan's thoughts on the storylines, etc. I wish she would just once, just to see what a lot of us are thinking. Just because the ratings are high doesn't mean that a great majority of the fans like what's going on.

Oh...and congrats to Rex Linn for making the credits next season...it should have happened this season if not sooner.

9. gregsandersfan

gregsandersfan Pathologist

OMG! That is one of the absurdest shows ever. :lol:

Only throwing in some thoughts:

What is this relationship Horatio and Marisol are supposed to have? They stand next to each other in some scenes sometimes, is this the so-called relationship?

She could miscarriage...

Re: the mole: I still hope it is not Valera. Another question: AD "promises the audience" that the mole is a beloved character who has to leave the show? Uhm, why would you kick out a beloved character for a sweep? Not the way to keep up the ratings... Or maybe it just doesn't matter anymore...

What if Eric is the mole? Would make for an uber-dramatic end scene, wouldn't it? :p

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Um..Has anyone noticed something? What happened to the CSI part of the show? Did it get burried with all the drama and 'shocking' storylines? Well it just seems that every week the cases keep getting in the way.

I've been considering who the mole is. Alright, Ann Donahue said the mole is NOT a secondary character, and they are BELOVED, suggesting a main character. They will also not be returning to the show again. David Caruso said he will stay with the show until the end. The Natalia/Eric/Ryan love triangle is in play next season so they are all safe. Ryan is also safe because Erica confided in him about the mole, so it's obviously not him. Rex Linn is being added to the credits next season and confirmed his contract has been renewed, so it's not him. Calleigh and Alexx are left to be suspected of being the mole.

Ann Donahue said that the identity of the mole will be revealed through help from the incident with Ryan's eye. Calleigh knew about the eye thing all along, she knew that he didn't shoot his gun. She's also been getting into tiny spats with him throughout season 4. Alexx would be the stronger option for the mole. She has had problems higher up, being questioned in a murder investigation and returning to day shift, disobeying direct orders from the cheif. She knew about Ryan's eye and perscribed him the antibiotics. She confronted Ryan telling him that someone leaked the information. Since she is the only one with the medical records, and the access to those records-along with the chief-she would be the only one who leaked. (May I remind you the cheif is not a primary character so that theory is blown out of the water).

Now. The motive for leaking information? Calleigh has no obvious motive, aside from the fact that she had a few disagreements with Ryan-maybe it was part of the plan.

Alexx also has no obvious motive for bringing down the lab. She didn't like Ryan in the first few episodes he was in, but eventually it did change. Why would she leak? That would have to be explained in the finale along with who the mole is.

So, there are a few things to consider. I say it's Alexx, but I'm just laying out the evidence here in context with the storyline.

-Now, Ann Donahue mentioned them shooting an episode in South America. Gee, guess what's in South America. Brazil. Guess who's in Brazil. Yelina. POOF one character brought back. Eh, that's what I think anyway, otherwise why would they go to South America to catch a bad guy? (Yeah uh, kind of not their jurisdiction).

:D So these are some of the things I've been thinking of for the past oh...20 minutes. There was probably more, but I feel down today and hit my head so I don't remember it all.

11. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

I was thinking the same thing. They totally trashed the show with drama. I don't know what the writers are thinking, but I think they need to seriously look at topics like these to see what people really think about their obviously shitty storyline.

12. BittenByTheWolfe

BittenByTheWolfe CSI Level Three

Oh...my...I'm speechless at this interview. Does Donahue hear herself when she's talking about these plot twists? Did she take a wrong turn in the studio and start thinking she's writing for Passions or something?

Ok, first of all, how do you put a character through the whole "I have cancer!!!" thing and then have her die of, you know, NOT CANCER?! :rolleyes: However, I simply must share the statement that a friend of mine said upon hearing that Marisol would die from something not related to cancer: "She'll die from having sex with Horatio." Ah, I know that would make me wanna off myself.

Anyhoo, I simply *loved* this bit because it just showed how out of touch Donahue is when she pulls storylines out of thin air...

Thanks, Donahue, for wanting to perpetuate the false stereotype that all southerners are poor. Cause, you know, all those plantations and farms that make beaucoup bucks are owned by Yankees. Criminy, the "rich family" of my town is the family that raises cattle for beef.

*Sigh* And Boa Vista stays. A character that is pretty much useless. Boring.

Miami has seriously gone downhill.

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

You know looking at your icon makes me think of the useless Natalia and Marisol. It's quite pleasant to look at. :D

I really don't see CSI: Miami as a crime show anymore. I see it as a night time General Hospital :rolleyes:

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I hope they're bringing Yelina (and maybe Ray) back because deep down, they (Donahue and the writers) realize that Horatio and Yelina worked much, much better than Horatio and Marisol ever did. I hope they actually know that this season has gone to hell but just can't admit it outloud.

15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Oh actions speak louder than words. They know they've screwed this one up, so they're just pulling things out of their rear ends, hoping at least one storyline will catch our eyes and make us smile and GOD FORBID think.