Ann Donahue

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I totally forgot about Ray and Yelina for the South America episode. But yeah, that makes a world of sense. And even though I think the third season of Miami really trashed Yelina's character, I agree...she and H totally have chemistry.

Ok, I love Horatio but I busted my gut laughing at this! :lol:

One thing that impressed me on this part was that Emily spoke up. I think it's great she had input into her character, and honestly, good for her. She really did the character a major service, and I loved the early stuff with Calleigh and her dad.

I miss the first two seasons. It's kind of funny, because Speed was my favorite character and I totally miss him, but my favorite thing about the latter seasons has been Ryan's development. At least it fits in with him being a CSI and isn't totally out there stuff.

Though I will admit, on a totally superficial level, to enjoying Miami's outlandishness. It's like, where will they go next???

2. BittenByTheWolfe

BittenByTheWolfe CSI Level Three

Yes! Absolutely! Halfway through typing my above post I realized I had to be somewhere in a hurry, so I neglected to state all the things I wanted to say. But yes, I'm *SO* glad that Emily spoke up and set Donahue and the other writers on this particular course. I find it so much more believable that Calleigh would have the moneyed background rather being a "white trash done good" kind of girl. In a way it's *not* as expected (cause, yeah, sadly it *is* common to hear a deep southern accent and think of trailer homes, trucks and all that other stuff Jeff Foxworthy jokes about) so, by straying from the stereotype, it's refreshing. The character is not a caricature. Kudos to Emily.

I also forgot:

Sorry, but I have to comment on this because I found it so amusing. How do you not know how to get on the internet? Even my mother knows how, lol.

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Re: The internet, I actually know several people that do not know how to use the internet, little lone how to get on it, I had to show a friend who had never used a computer before, so when she thought about getting one I let her try out mine. There are some others who did get it and who didn't to the point they just say they will stick with the good old standby of a paper and pen/pencil. :)

RE: South America here is another thing, maybe its not for Yelina, Maybe its for Ray Jr. Wasn't it once said that they were thinking of bringing him back [older] and something about joining the police academy?

4. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

How is having a relationship with the sister of a colleague--who has cancer-- that much simpler than what he had with Yelina? :confused:

Anyway, would love to see her brought back.

5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

So I take it she's not a terminal cancer patient? Otherwise it could be one short relationship. :eek:

6. BittenByTheWolfe

BittenByTheWolfe CSI Level Three

Doesn't matter if she has cancer or not. She's gonna croak anyways. From non-cancer related causes. :rolleyes:

7. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

Baba...it was implied in an earlier episode that she (Marisol) doesn't have much time left...but again, with the way this season has gone, who knows.

Re: the whole Southern thing...I also say kudos to Emily for standing up for what she believed her character should be, although this part:

doesn't exactly ring true for the part of the South that I'm from. ;) That being said, I also find Calleigh's background totally believable. Not coming from money myself (not poor, but definitely not rich), I find it a little insulting that if they had gone that route w/ Calleigh they'd have her trying to hide the fact that her family was poor. I would be proud of all I'd accomplished despite not coming from a wealthy background, I wouldn't want to hide it.

Thank you, HnM...my thoughts exactly.

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I think it was David's own wish. He didn't like those scenes or something... I swear it was in some interview. I mean, if you have some problems with your vision (which would explain the head tilt) doing that... can be hard. Or to do that well can be hard.

Mole stuff: If anyone caught EP earlier this year in "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" she seemed to be very excited to work in CSIM and it kind of ruled out the fact that her contract would end or that she'd want to quit. And like... was it Bitten who said she really doesn't have motive... or some of you, oh green ones :p

9. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

I saw that EP interview too. She said that she wants to stay on til the end. I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

10. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Baba nice to see you in here talking about Miami. Even if it is just briefly. ;)

And I know things are going to get even more complicated with Marisol. I think Ann just likes H being in an in fated romance--must've seen 'A walk to Remember' or something. :confused:

11. Top41

^Poor Horatio...I guess he's doomed to one ill-fated romance after another! :(

As for Emily, the more I think about it, I just can't see Calleigh being the mole. I can't believe the Miami writers would shoot themselves in the foot like that by getting rid of Calleigh. I just can't see Miami without Emily. And really, it's not in Calleigh's character at all. I don't think any of the others have it in them, but Calleigh just definitely doesn't.

12. Karen45

Karen45 Dead on Arrival

I do agree that there are people out there that have no interest or use for the internet themselves but, if you were one of the writers of the "Most watched Show on The Planet" wouldn't you be just a bit curious to what the veiwing public are saying about your show. I know I would. I am sure that there is at least one person on the CSI Miami crew that could put her intouch with the outside world or are all their scripts written my hand and not on a laptop/notebook?.

I really don't think they are at all interestd on what we have to say about the show. I know none of us like being critisied but, if they were to have a read of our postings maybe, they will see how much we love and care about the show and don't want it to hit the slippery slope into the realms of Soap Opera land. Once they hit that slope they have reached the point of no return.

This is just my opinion. Season 4 has not been aired in the UK yet. Untill then I shall carry on watching and hope it doesn't get me grabbing for the remote control and hop to a different channel. :cool:

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I think the only thing that makes sense is that none of what is happening on CSI: Miami makes sense!

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Oh I agree on that, I know there was an interview I am just not remembering how they addressed it other then their were some problems (could the one you seen been on DVD commentaries?) I only remember here and there, but there was a time as you know I wasn't able to read alot about it, it could have been let on more then.

I have noticed when he is in the sun the glasses are only off for a short time (I have seen this in some interviews as well, mostly done in shaded area's or in short burst), also in the "Lab" he not only does the head tilt when they have him look at something, he squints like its really small.

I think I just wanted to be sure that the reasons were his own and not that of to many in the lab and him being in charge so they took him out. sigh, I remember that one ep with the bomb that killed his friend, he squinted alot and you could tell every once in a while his eyes moved to look away then right back, give him credit he was subtle about it.

15. Top41

I have to say, if it were my show, I'd be reading the net! I'd be terribly curious as to the opinions of the fans of the show who feel so passionately about it that they like to talk about it in an online community. I know writers for other shows (Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Lost, Star Trek, Grey's Anatomy, etc., etc.) in addition to writers from all three CSI shows do read on the net.

That said, she seems pretty old school to me, and there are plenty of people who resist the net. It's definitely got its pluses and minuses.

I didn't know that David wanted out of the lab! That's interesting, but Horatio does fit in the field better, and it fits with Miami's tone.