American Idol

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by ziggystarduzt, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Della

Della Police Officer

2. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I'll totally remember, no worries. :)

That is so true, it's like feeding the lamb to the lion...it's just done for ratings and really that is a poor way to run a tv or a contest. It's already hard enough to get someone though with the annoying majority voting the popular choice aka the one that the media or celebs tell them is the best choice.

I do like Kris...but sadly I will not be watching to support him and if by some snowballs chance in Hell he does win, honestly good for him. But I'm afraid it's going to be Adam...and well he just does not have the full capability to pull off a cd...he is a visual person, and that is why I think he would have a better shot doing Broadway work...which I'm sure he will get a ton of offers.

And I totally agree that with Danny leaving there isn't going to be any suspense to the show..more like run over and go. *sigh*

Goodbye Idol, hope you don't suck too much after the likeliness of losing a lot of viewers.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WOW, a big variety of opinions, we although from the beginning of this season it was the best ever:thumbsup:r, and Adam was the best from his first appearance. Everyone I talk to that watches this, feels the same, So the few that aren't supportive of this show this season, will be in the minority, and this show will still top the charts next year, it will still be popular. For those who don't want to watch, that's their choice;)

4. Della

Della Police Officer

In all honesty, Desertwind, you may be right that the small group of people you associate with, whom share the same opinion as you, also share the same opinion of the millions who watch and vote in American Idol, but then again the small group that I associate with whom share my opinion concerning Danny and Adam, and that the show is now the absolute pits and are not going to be watching it from this time forth, maybe they share the same opinion as a fair few others and that the viewing figures will plummet next year.

To be honest though I really don’t care if the show’s figures plummet or not next year, I just know that I shan’t be watching because American Idol (the same as Pop Idol over here in Britain) used to be a program where any every day joe like myself was given a chance to follow their dream and have a shot at becoming a Pop star. Now, however, it seems to me to be more like a promotional program lined up for those who are already in the business but have not advanced into the pop world.

It makes me wonder if Adam actually produced a demo CD and had an agent traipse around the various record companies promoting that CD or whether he’s taken the lazy way out and decided to enter American Idol and promote himself that way? I don’t blame him if he has taken the lazy way out, but it does give the program an awful stench, because now you’ve got a professional going up against the every day joes and winning. Well, whoop-de-doo!

All in all, on a certain level of injustice, someone like Adam has a wholly unfair advantage over any and all of the every day joes, and yet I thought American Idol was not designed to be like that.

...and so on that, the reason I thought Danny was and is the best this year is because not only was his voice and all that he put into the songs he sang just outstanding, but he also did not possess one ounce of professional experience before entering this supposed ’amateurs’ competition... and yet he still gave Adam a serious run for his money.

:)

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

*sings* Della's been in my head again! :D

It's true what happened the first few seasons the winner was always the person who displayed that they had what it takes to go for a career. And sometimes the runners up had a bigger success, and is fine since they put in the time and effort and someone say potential in them.

And like in Della's group the majority of people that I talk to are not watching the finale, nor plan on watching next season even if they are all Danny fans. They think he was robbed and that Adam does not have the staying power that Danny does nor is Kris that great to stay over Danny.

As for Adam...he did workshops for Broadway...and those are paid positions. So in technical terms he had been paid for work and therefore isn't totally eligible, but got around that somehow. :rolleyes:

The popular vote sucks...look how long Megan was around and her attitude sucked...as well as her actions and words on stage, to me it came off as ungrateful at points mixed with arrogance. Like when she said that her fans would vote for her...she then was sent to the bottom 3 and then shortly went home. Yes your fans sent you home with that attitude.

The morning radio talk show that I listen to, and was the site of Danny finding out what swan song Paula gave him, has someone in LA covering the finale stuff and talking to the ones getting ready for the tour. He talked to Danny and said that Danny seemed sad and a bit down...completely different than when he was home in Milwaukee a short week ago. And the first question out of Danny's mouth was how is Milwaukee taking this and the guy responded with its in mourning, and it's true the state as a whole and his other fans are mourning the loss of the true Idol.

And yes ratings are going to plunge there is no question about that one.

6. Desertwind

My 'small group':rommie: are the millions of fans, who vote:rolleyes:, also everyone I know which actually is a LARGE group of people:cool: and on last nights two remaining no contest Adam showing his soft/light voice on "Mad World" amazing as usual, and the "Change Is Gonna Come" his powerful overwhelming voice. My girlfriend has the Sam Cooke version on her My Space, he kicked it on that as well. He's magical and so handsome perfect blue eyes, perfect nose, perfect lips, and those straight white teeth, he's got it all. Kris is good, but in my opinion doesn't even come close in this contest~And on prior experience, they've all got it, it showed Alison singing as a little girl, and all of them sang somewhere before, they all didn't just fall off the 'turnip truck' and when the filled out the forms applying for this gig, apparently the criteria/people knew of former singing apperances.. and as far as this 'being fixed' absurd, the FCC are so monitoring this, and it doesn't happen in this popular show~ the consequences would be harsh and they'd be off in a heartbeat~

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  7. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Just because they vote for popularity now does not mean that Adam has the staying power to lead a full career. IMHO Danny has that power and Kris could do something if he chooses to.

Picking someone on how they look may work for now but in the future may be harmful to the career.

As for Kris....yea I believe this was honestly set up for Adam to steamroll over Kris because Danny had too much potential to take it over Adam. Which pretty much means that this season was rigged; look at the tough time GNRF had in getting though on Danny's phone lines and how suddenly Danny's fan didn't vote. Wrong I voted three times over text message and I know other who were trying to phone in and use texts. It's all to fishy for me and honestly I'm better off not watching a show that goes for looks over talent.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

[​IMG] Kris Allen.

I almost did this: [​IMG]

Well, either the producers' strategy failed or they decided that Adam had the other contestants at an unfair disadvantage having Broadway experience and all. This was my face when they named the winner: [​IMG]

My mother screamed in joy. You probably heard her all the way from where you are. :lol: My brother got mad at her for hurting his ears. :guffaw:

9. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I was honestly stunned to hear that Kris won. But at the same time I was happy that it wasn't Adam.

GNRF, I didn't hear your mom screaming. :lol: I heard the middle and high school neighbors and their friends....with the windows on my house closed. :shifty: Oh the joys of crazy decibel ranges.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

So where their screams joyous screams or screams of anger? :lol:

About Katrina, I have to say that I think she looked better before. All of that tanning color she had on her (whether a spray tan or actual tan) looked awful on her. She should have left her skin alone. :lol: But, it was hilarious when Kara got up there and sang with her and then ripped open her dress revealing her bikini. :lol:

David Cook's heartfelt song was so beautiful, but sad and I could hear him choking up when he talked about the charity for cancer research.

Loved seeing Keith Urban. :D And Jason Mraz was on singing my favorite song. :D

I didn't watch the whole show, but I saw parts of it.

11. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I AM SO MAD! I've never come in this thred before, but I needed some place to rant. Are you kidding me? Really? Ugh, we have, IMO, another Clay Aiken: Great vocals, great song choice, but will not have a long career. We could have had another David Cook instead. Hmmph. I'm utterly pissed.

12. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Joy. According to the mom they wanted Danny but after he was gone they say Kris was a good substitute.

13. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I've also never posted in this thread before but I completely agree with you.

Even if you didn't like the way Adam sang, it was obvious he was a MUCH better singer and would have had a much longer career. I'd like to see Kris Allen hit the notes Adam could have. Adam will probably have a better career anyway, he didn't even need to win. :p

His performances with Queen and KISS last night were amazing by the way. :eek: He needs to be the lead singer of a band like those.

Oh, I also think as boring as Danny AND Kris were, Danny was a better singer than Kris too and it should've been him in the finale with Adam instead of Kris. I wouldn't have been so mad if Danny was in the final two and he had won.

14. Desertwind

I and my friends were also stunned and flabbergasted last night, and in disbelief, but in saying that, Adam was the winner to his mega fans, and his career will indeed soar. But not to be petty [​IMG] to you Kris, good job, and may all you future dreams come true. the show itself was an EXTRAVAGANZA fantastic, with all the outstanding celebrities performing. from Queen Latifah, Fergie, Cyndi Lauper, [she still looks the same] with Alison fabulous. to KISS OMG how old are they like 70?, but stilll the same with Adam:thumbsup: to Mr. Guitar Carlos, to Steve Martin, and one of my favs always Rod Stewart. I'm sure I've missed some, but it was sensational to see the whole group again. I also thought Adam was so courteous and polite and seemed genuinly glad when Kris's named was called~He [Adam] will have an triumphant career ahead of him and will excel as he did on "Idol":bolian:

15. Desertwind

In our local paper today!

KRIS ALLEN's smooth vocals and boy-next-door image propelled him to "American Idol" victory Wednesday, turning the theatrical powerhouse ADAM LAMBERT into the most unlikely of rants. Kris, said 'I'm sorry, I don't know what to feel right now, this is crazy" said a stunned Allen, 23, of Conway Ark. Lambert's commanding vocal range and glitterly stage presence-plus the judges' adoration of him-at times turned "Idol" into 'The Adam Lambert Show". But, it turned out that although "Idol" viewers did embrace a gifted performer like Lambert, only up to a point~

NEWS SERVICES

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.