American Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: My mother asked me the other day who was in the top 4 last year and I couldn't remember. But wasn't it the two Davids, Jason and Brooke?
It was the Davids, Jason, and Syesha.

I'm so upset that Allison went home. I was hoping that she would win. I can understand if she got voted out during top 3, but top 4? Kris clearly deserved to go home before her. Everyone I've talked to agrees. I wonder where exactly Kris is getting all his votes from?

I feel like ever since Carrie Underwood won (I'm discounting Jordin Sparks season because that season was just a joke), female singers haven't gotten the kind of votes that guy singers have. I feel like guys will vote for guys or girls, but women will (generally) vote more often for guys. Or maybe it's the tween vote. :lol: Either way I feel like the women have been getting seriously gyped in this competition.

I feel like ever since Carrie Underwood won (I'm discounting Jordin Sparks season because that season was just a joke), female singers haven't gotten the kind of votes that guy singers have. I feel like guys will vote for guys or girls, but women will (generally) vote more often for guys. Or maybe it's the tween vote. :lol: Either way I feel like the women have been getting seriously gyped in this competition.

Very true it is harder for women to break into the business and then try to win something like this it's just insane. Some times the old standard of males over females rears its ugly head and stereotypes pop out, not that I wanted to go there but sometimes and in some parts of the country it's true.

In my personal voting, I think about who I would want to listen to in my car on the way to and form school, or anywhere I needed to go. Sometimes it's a female sometimes it's a male. But that is just me and everyone votes their own way for their own reasons, some on looks, some of skill, and some, like the tweeners, peer pressure.

ETA:

I just found out the time for Danny's free concert and events tomorrow and I can't go because of work. Darnit! So close yet so far...well there is always the tour. But he is going to be on my favorite morning radio talk show, I'm totally excited for that! :D

Question: My mother asked me the other day who was in the top 4 last year and I couldn't remember. But wasn't it the two Davids, Jason and Brooke?
It was the Davids, Jason, and Syesha.

I'm so upset that Allison went home. I was hoping that she would win. I can understand if she got voted out during top 3, but top 4? Kris clearly deserved to go home before her. Everyone I've talked to agrees. I wonder where exactly Kris is getting all his votes from?

I totally agree and my daughter cried and yelled NO We all thought it would be Kris, not that he's not a good singer, but not over Allison. she's in a category all by herself, strange. And poor little girl, god bless her, she had tears runing down her cheeks', It made my sad. and "Cry Baby" amazing still, I guess we should have called in. But the beginning with SLASH, lordy play that guitar:eek: and Paula is so talented what a dancer, she should go on "Dancing with The Stars" she rocked, really good, eat out you heart Britney. And Gwen Stafani, so unique and so cute, boy she must have been tired after all that running around. But I really thought the 3 remaining would be of course ADAM, ALLISON, AND DANNY. The thing about Adam, he's voice range is incredible, his versatility, his stage presence and his handsome look's, he's the best contestant I've ever seen:thumbsup:

The thing about Adam, he's voice range is incredible, his versatility, his stage presence and his handsome look's, he's the best contestant I've ever seen:thumbsup:

While Adam is great at what he does...he has done some Broadway work...which means he's done professional jobs. I don't think it's totally fair to put that into an amateur singing competition. Detracts from the overall purpose of putting someone that isn't well known into the spotlight.

Alot of angry fans pertaining to Allison getting booted, 64 millions fans watched this week's "Idol" WOW, that's alot:eek: here's the link and a poll if you want to vote about her~

RESULTS

I just recieved my new TV Guide, and the 'idol" contestants are featued in a two page spread, I'm just posting about Adam, who yesterday Simon predicted on Oprah, he "would be the new "American Idol". it's way too long to post so if you all want to read about the 4 remaining contestants, it'll be out on the stands on Friday~

Months before people started talking about wheter Adam Lambert could become the first openly 'gay' American Idol, the singer was winning raves at West Hollywood's Upright Cabaret. "When someone gives an insane performance here, it's traditon for people to throw their shoes on the stage" says ex. producer of the cabaret, Shane Scheel. After Adam's New Years Eve performance "It looked like a DSW warehouse here" Adam Lambert--or Glambert, as fans have dubbed him--is as confidant off stage as he is on, says close pal Jenna Leigh Green, who performed with Adam in the national tour of "Wicked". "You have to live your life with no regrets, no apologies, and I think that's what he does" Kathie Bretches-Urban, his musical director at the Metropolitan Educational Theater in San Diego, concurs. "This kid did not just walk on stage and say 'Hey, let me sing today and I will be amazing. "He's worked his whole life for this"

By Carita Rizzo, and Meltzer Zepeda TV Guide writers~

Lord have mercy.. WOW Adam rocked the earth, with U-2's "ONE" radiant, and AREOSMITHS "Crying", both so different, but both so magnificent. Danny and Kris are great singers, and sweet nice guys, but Adam is so far above them in another realm, in every way, shape and form. So powerful, sizzling & overwhelming. I wished the other two didn't have be be in competition with him:( the judges were blown away as well~He's the one:bolian:

Last edited:
**** BEWARE A LOOOONG POST :D ****

In all honesty, Desertwind, in my opinion, it’s horse for courses as to what rings your bell. I mean, I agree that there are a lot of people, including yourself whom adore Adam, and yet for me, it’s all visual with him. He does have a great voice when he’s actually thinking about the content and the context of the songs (when he’s singing something that he personally can make a connection with) and not screeching, flipping his head and taking in those overly dramatic breaths just to please the fans. For me, I think it’s obvious that he’s out there simply to please his fans and for me, that’s the wrong attitude to have, because fans are fickle and sooner or later they will move on, and with Adam, if he continues in the same vein, I honestly think it would be sooner rather than later.

As a side note: Back to the old “Good writer, bad writer” analogy” I’m afraid., A good writer will write something for themselves, what they want to see in a book and so forth, and then hope and pray that there are other people who want to read the same thing. A bad writer will write something that they know will get a positive reaction, so they write specifically for the ‘majority’ of the reader, which is not only incredibly lazy but not at all inventive - which is how I see Adam at the moment, I’m afraid.

I think AC/DC are a classic example of this. I mean, I adored AC/DC when they first hit the charts and was a fan right up until the early eighties when I then began to wonder why my feelings quickly went from love to almost loathing and it was then that I found out that Bon Scott had died and they’d replaced him with Brian Johnson, who had the same sounding voice as Bon Scott (not that good though) and absolutely nothing else.

Anyway, in my opinion, I think Adam would do absolute wonders in the Theatre, or if he were to join a reputable ‘Glam/Rock’ or ‘Hard Rock’ band that’s been going since the early Seventies, but put him on a CD where only his voice can be heard and all you will hear is those dramatic intakes of breath and his God-awful screeching, because, in all honesty, without the visuals there’s not much else there in my opinion. *shrug*

Lastly, I’m also not a fan of his arrogant ‘swagger’. I much prefer someone who knows they can sing, but doesn’t laud it all over the place and Danny does that for me – and, for me, that’s the difference between arrogance and someone showing their confidence.

All in all, I think Danny and Allison have made the biggest progress of them all since they began Idol and, in Danny’s case, I think he has a voice that can take on just about anything and produce something you can listen to and enjoy either during a gig or, most importantly, on a CD. I’m afraid, for me, I just can’t say the same for Adam. I don’t think he can improve. He is what he is and there’s not much else and I think that’s the problem of having such a distinctive voice and such a distinctive act.

Aaaanyway, onto the episode...

Judges Picks:

Danny: My hubby only last week said that Danny showed shades of Terence Trent D’Arby’s ‘Wishing Well’ song, so hearing that he’d been chosen to sing “Dance Little Sister” by the man was incredibly spooky. But anyway, I looooooved it. To be honest though, and this is a compliment of sorts, but there wasn’t much to choose from the original to this. That’s honestly not a bad thing because I think Terence Trent D’Arby is someone who’s, somehow, got lost in the business which is an incredible shame.

Kris: He’s got a nice voice, can’t deny that, but isn’t the music business just cluttered up to the absolute brim with voices like his? I think this is why I found it just downright boring. I can’t see him making it big when it comes to gigging, but yeah, he’d be okay on CD when you have a long drive ahead of you in the countryside – which isn’t a good thing in my book.

As a side note: Yay! Good old Simon having a word with Kara about her comments. Too right ‘n’ all. Stupid b*nt!

Adam: Oh for crying out loud! Just for a moment I thought “Yeah, he’s changed,” but oh no, the moment I thought that, he picked the mic from its stand and it was back to the boring same old, same old. *sigh* In all honesty, I have a dream, it’s a good dream. I hope one day Adam sings something from his heart and not from a mind that seems intent on doing what he thinks his fans want to see and hear. Sorry, but I think he ruined the song because the moment he’d picked the mic from the stand there was no depth to it whatsoever, and, in my opinion, “One” from U2 demands it be sung with some sort of depth.

Contestants choice:

Danny: I was in two minds if I was going to like this. The beginning was okay, a bit too soft on the vocals in my opinion, but from the middle onwards, was brilliant. Great stuff! Loved, loved, loved it and his last sung “Beautiful” was just that. Great stuff!

As a side note: STFU KARA!!! *ahem* Anyway, the guitar at the beginning was so wildly out of tune it made me wince, thankfully though it didn’t affect the notes that Danny was supposed to hit :D

Kris: I wasn’t looking forward to this, but for entirely different reasons as to why I was bit nervous about Danny’s choice of song, and I have to say from the get-go I didn’t like this at all. He sang the entire song through his nose as if he had a cold. Not good. It’s a classic sign of nerves as well, poor thing (well unless you’re Michael Jackson and have had so many nose jobs that you can’t help but sing through your nose :p :D ) Worst of the evening for me.

Adam: There were bits and pieces of this that were great, but please, someone have a word with him about his screeching because every time he lets it rip he completely wrecks the song. The end was great though, because he didn’t screech it he sang it. In all honesty, Adam could be fantastic, he really could, but all the while he screeches those notes, he will, for me, continue to ruin whatever track he’s singing, because there’s no depth to the screeching whatsoever. *sigh*

All in all though, it would be a complete and utter joke, ne travesty, if either Danny or Adam don’t get through to the final two.

:)

Last edited:
Anyway, in my opinion, I think Adam would do absolute wonders in the Theatre, or if he were to join a reputable ‘Glam/Rock’ or ‘Hard Rock’ band that’s been going since the early Seventies, but put him on a CD where only his voice can be heard and all you will hear is those dramatic intakes of breath and his God-awful screeching, because, in all honesty, without the visuals there’s not much else there in my opinion. *shrug*

I totally agree with you, Della. :) The screeching is only going to get Adam so far. I think my friend, who only has seen the show a few times, said it best: "The screech is only going to work for a hard rock album and most people don't want to listen to that for song after song"

Lastly, I’m also not a fan of his arrogant ‘swagger’. I much prefer someone who knows they can sing, but doesn’t laud it all over the place and Danny does that for me – and, for me, that’s the difference between arrogance and someone showing their confidence.
Have you been in my head? LOL Tis true though.

All in all though, it would be a complete and utter joke, ne travesty, if either Danny or Adam don’t get through to the final two.

Oh gosh! :scream: It is a joke that Danny didn't make it...and I can totally say this since the show had aired for the evening. WTF America?!?! Guess people want to listen to constant screaming. :rolleyes: I'm going back to ignoring this show...it's done a disservice to someone who deserved it more than the one who got paid to do Broadway (Adam).

But in all honesty Danny can pull a Daugherty or Kelly and over take who wins and have a lengthy career. He has the personality, the charm, plus the amazing charity to help kids in honor of his late wife. He's a very down to earth person...and looking at a majority of the winners who are still around and thriving, they have been down to earth as well.

Don't get me wrong...I like Kris but he does not have the balls to take Adam on face to face. Poor guy is going to get his cute butt handed to him.

Looks like this is the second time that Paula was wrong in predicting the winner....2 out of 8 isn't so bad.

I tried all three of Danny's numbers last night and got a busy signal almost every single time and I know people who didn't get busy signals like ever for Kris. So, that sounds to me like tptb behind Idol blocked all of Danny's numbers the majority of the time just so Adam would have no competition (and easy win). Danny had like a 10% chance of beating Adam. Kris has 0% chance of beating Adam. Excuse me, but I thought this was supposed to be a competition. It's supposed to be fair, not rigged. But, tptb step in whenever they want. I'm not saying Adam shouldn't win, but they took away his biggest competitor and it wasn't the voters who did that cause like I said I tried all three numbers for the full two hours and I mean that quite literally. I dialed over and over between the three numbers for two straight hours. Most of the time all three of Danny's numbers were busy. That's just suspicious to me.... especially when according to people I know who voted for Kris, his numbers were hardly ever busy.

This isn't the first time its happened either.

This show seems so rigged it isn't funny. And its no longer fun to watch when you know exactly what is going to happen from the beginning. Predictability is boring.

Oh well... Danny will still make a record and I'll definitely buy it. But, I'm done with the show.

Last edited:
I was so very, very tempted to write a puerile, expletive-loaded review on what I thought about last night’s decision, but swiftly came to the conclusion that not only are there not enough angry words in the English language to satisfy me but, most importantly, American Idol just aint worth it.

I am just so sick of this program now and if America wants an insipid, lacklustre, cute(?) (sticks a finger down my throat) singer and an out-'n'-out Drama Queen as their potential American Idol then they are very much welcome to them. I would have had a much easier time accepting Danny coming second to Adam, but this? This is worse than a joke. As GNR Fan has said, I’m done with the program now.

All in all, I can’t wait for Danny to release an album, and for the first time in a very veeerrrryyyyy long time I will actually go out and buy it – Well, order it online because I reside in the UK.

Danny seems like such a genuine bloke to me who happens to have, in my opinion, one spectacular voice. Rarely, and I do mean rarely, am I moved by someone singing, but twice now he managed to do that to me. Once with “Jesus Take The wheel” and then yesterday with his second rendition of “You Are So beautiful”. Talk about putting your Heart and Soul into something. He had me blubbing big time………. The git – chuckle.

I really don’t care who wins and even if Adam doesn’t win, I still won’t care because the travesty, as far as I’m concerned, has already occurred.

:rolleyes: *sigh*

Last edited:
We all were a bit stunned that they booted Danny, and thought it would be Kris, Adam just has star quality, and he just rocks over the rest, Danny and Kris as I've previously stated are good singers, but not in his category. It was cool to see their home towns;) He's the best contestant I've ever seen on this show. And if other fans don't care for him, that's their take, We thought he was the best from day one~

In our local paper this morning!
LAMBERT INSPIRES PASSION The fans and judges praise the contestant for his singing and his style~
The passions of millions of fans have been inspired by the unbashedly campy, cheerfully over-the-top Adam Lambert, with his black nail polish, his "guyliner" and that jet black hair, asymetrical mop of hair that has no place in the natural world. But the, perhaps nothing about Lambert, who will face the late-blooming Arkansas crooner Kris Allen in next week's finale of "American Idol", is truly out this world::all season long the judges have praised the rocker in terms sometimes touching on the metaphysical. "There is definitely is a new level of hysteria this season" says Caryn Ganz, deputy editor of Rolling's web site rollingstone.com, which gets hundreds of emotional fan posts everytime it recaps an "Idol" show. Partly this can be attributed to the high quality of the final 4 singers--besides Lambert and Allen, who now face a competitive finals, with only a million out of 88 million votes seperating them this week, there was the gravelly voiced Danny Gokey, voted off Wednesday, and the throaty teenager Allison Iraheta, whose duet with Lambert to "Slow Ride" was a season favorite. But it's also because Lambert has evoked so much passion from both fans and detractors. One thing on which almost everyone agress, HE CAN SING. But his critics are annoyed but the embellishments, particulary his high frequency wails--glorious high notes to fans, but screams to others. For Lambert fans, the low point this season was the night two week's ago when the rocker. long assumed to be out front suddenly related to the bottom 3 vote getters. On the web site above, there was an outpouring of fury and hurt "we got 500 posts after that nights recap, 80 % were outraged says Ganz~

PRESS ENTERPRISE

Last edited:
I am just so sick of this program now and if America wants an insipid, lacklustre, cute(?) (sticks a finger down my throat) singer and an out-'n'-out Drama Queen as their potential American Idol then they are very much welcome to them. I would have had a much easier time accepting Danny coming second to Adam, but this? This is worse than a joke. As GNR Fan has said, I’m done with the program now.

I totally agree with both of you. I watched the first season and then have only caught the last episodes of the next seasons....this was the only one I have watched form the beginning, the hometown appeal for the greatest guy was the winning factor. And now that they have pretty much handed the competition to Adam...it's disgusting.

He may get the popular vote but I have a feeling he will fizzle out and Danny will be the successful one. At least if Danny was facing Adam he would be joking in his own way...Kris is going to have his whole singing career handed back to him on his guitar, sadly.

All in all, I can’t wait for Danny to release an album, and for the first time in a very veeerrrryyyyy long time I will actually go out and buy it – Well, order it online because I reside in the UK.

I'm waiting for that too. And if it comes down to it, I'll get you one and send it on over, Della. :D

Danny seems like such a genuine bloke to me who happens to have, in my opinion, one spectacular voice. Rarely, and I do mean rarely, am I moved by someone singing, but twice now he managed to do that to me. Once with “Jesus Take The wheel” and then yesterday with his second rendition of “You Are So beautiful”. Talk about putting your Heart and Soul into something. He had me blubbing big time………. The git – chuckle.

Amen to that! He is so overly nice and easy going. He represented Wisconsin, and Milwaukee, so well that he will not be forgotten any time soon. :)

I really don’t care who wins and even if Adam doesn’t win, I still won’t care because the travesty, as far as I’m concerned, has already occurred.

:rolleyes: *sigh*

So true. This show has lost the zeal it had in season 1. I'm done with it...and possibly with Dancing with the Stars if flaky Melissa wins....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back