American Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of think it should have been Lil. But at least she was in the bottom three. Maybe that'll give her the kick in the butt that she needed and get her back on track, cause she hasn't been very good the last couple of weeks. :lol:

On another note, does anyone else think Scott's brother is kind of cute? :lol:

I can't believe Anoop was in the bottom 2! :wtf: He was one of the best of the night!

I was sad to see Scott go, but Simon's reasoning (yes write this down I agree with Simon lol) was spot on. He and the other judges had to also think of the other talent they had and which would benefit more. I do see Scott getting some sort of deal out of this, he's been expossed to the world not and more than leily will be nabbed for something. He is an interesting guy with a great message to share.

I can't believe Anoop was in the bottom 2! :wtf: He was one of the best of the night!

I think his fanbase just isn't there anymore and they have moved on to another contestant or not voting at all; which happens a lot with shows like this.

Danny...still love him but the song was not the greatest. Randy was right when he said that it's a talent competition and danny is showing the talent. Please pick a better song!!

Any ideas on what the theme might be for next week?

Songs from movies was the theme.

Matt- some pitch problems, but not too bad.

Kris- didn't know the song and I don't know that I cared that much for it to be honest.

Lil- once again, not very strong.

Danny- good job.

Anoop- Loved it.

Alison and Adam were awesome too.

Last edited:
The theme was a little wtf....obviously the list they had to choose from was short because there are songs that I would have loved to hear over the ones that were sung. It was definitely an interesting night...trying to keep it all under and hour. I have an idea....less commercials and more singing! I know that commercials pay the bills but they are the most annoying part of watching tv. But they did make up with having Quentin Tarantino as the weekly adviser, great choice!

Allison - She just didn't sparkle for me, perhaps it was the song or it was her lack of belt. I agree with Quentin when he said she should belt, but then she didn't.

Kris - He was a pleasant surprise last night I honestly did not expect that to come form him.

Adam - Wow that was a blow away performance, even if he is consistent in his delivery it's always exciting to see what he comes up with.

Danny - Love him but the song choice was not the best, but again consistent and shows what he has. But the harp got in the way and overpowered at points.

Lil Rounds - I think her song choices have been too predictable and over done, the list can't be that bad that she is going after songs that past belters have done and over done.

Anoop - Either he or Lil is going home this week. I walked out of the room because in my honest opinion he ruined the song. There are great covers and then there are bad covers....this one was bad.

Matt - Well buddy the voice is there and he too is consistant but the song was not the best. I feel like I'm repeating myself with the same comments...but I feel that the song choices were lacking a lot of personal feel with week and a lot of them are going to suffer because of it.

Allison: I didn’t like it that much I’m afraid. Sorry. At the beginning of the song it sounded like she had a massive grolly at the back of her throat causing her voice to be out of tune a bit and toooooo husky which didn’t fit the song. But when she got going she did good, but, I dunno, I just didn’t like it *shrug*

Anoop: Ugh! This song has been so overplayed that it’s actually boring for me now and I have to say his performance was yawn worthy. His added bits were just too much and Tarantino was right it’s a song that needs that bit of roughness otherwise, for me, it becomes incredibly insipid and can cause a sugar overload. Sorry, but it put me off sweets for a bit.

Adam: Yep this just about confirmed what I thought last week. One big show-off who has no connection with the song whatsoever. He just belts it out and screams/screeches the notes. The only saving grace is that the notes are in tune, but it does nothing for me whatsoever. I’m beginning to dislike him I’m afraid.

As a side note: There’s word around that all his apparently *new* twists and angles he’s doing for some of the songs are actually being taken from other versions of the songs. In other words, he’s doing a DC but not admitting it. Would it surprise me if it was true? Not in the least.

Matt: I really liked this, even though he hit some pretty bum notes throughout, but I liked what he did overall. Good job :)

Danny: Eeeeeep! Beautiful song but golly this was bad. His voice does not do this kind ballad as far as I’m concerned. The only time I felt anything was when he let rip, so the beginning was pretty bad for me, but the end wasn’t that bad. Not good though.

Kris: Ow! Ow! Ow! Bad! Bad! Bad! Didn’t like this at all. I think because he started off too low he was out of tune until he went up a notch, but the end note made me cringe. To me it seriously sounded almost as bad as scratching nails down a blackboard.

Lil: Worst of the evening, though I suppose Kris would be standing right next to her. She ruined it completely. The same as last week she does not have the voice to carry this song off. Someone needs to tell her that she’s not as good as I fear she thinks she is, because she keeps picking songs that are beyond her capabilities. Again the last note hurt my ears!!!

I think Kris, Lil and Anoop should be the bottom three and I think Lil should be the one to go because I can’t recall a good performance from her since these live shows.

:)

To me the contest is over, it's ADAM, for sure, he's got it all, the stage presence that it takes to be a star~ Alison is good as well, but I think her age is a drawback. Danny has a great voice but not the glitz, and glitter of a 'star'. Lil' Rounds is good, but her songs drag her down. NO one can sing "THE ROSE" like Better Midler, which Simon stated. Soon we'll know~

I know Adam is going to win and I think he should he is the standout of this season just like Cook was last season. I think Danny might be second place and Alison third. The rest just bore me.

I do like Adam, but his "sparkle" come from doing theatre, so he's used to being on stage and giving a show.

I think Danny would be the best as he has the raw, natural talent and willingness to learn and improve.

Anoop, Lil and Matt in the bottom three? Well, they got Lil right especially. She should have been the one voted off and I don't think they would have used their save on her. I'm a little disappointed that they used it on Matt. I think it was too soon to use it. I like Matt, but... What happens if one of the better ones gets voted off?

Now we lose two next week? Well, let's hope one of them is Lil. I think her time is up personally. The second one will probably be either Kris, Matt or Anoop. Possibly Alison as she's been in the bottom before even though she hasn't deserved to be. I really hope it isn't Danny. I wouldn't really care to watch anymore if it was. I'm hoping Danny will be in the finale.

Oh and guess what? They finally broke the boy-girl-boy-girl chain. :lol: Two boys voted off twice in a row. I'm shocked. Although I'm not sure that this counts since Matt was saved. :lol:

Next week is Disco week. My mother said Adam will probably sing "Stayin' Alive". :)

Last edited:
Next week is Disco week. My mother said Adam will probably sing "Stayin' Alive". :)
Heh! Yeah, I can see that too but the thought of it is seriously making me cringe, I'm afraid. Not because he may screech his way through the song (though that would be bad enough) but also because I can just see an over the top, look at me everyone, arrogant swagger going on as he's singing it. Ugh! (Sorry Adam fans)

As for saving Matt: I would have saved the save for Adam, Danny and/or Allison. Although Lil really should have gone and I am bitterly disappointed that Matt found himself having to sing to stay, I still wouldn't have used my save on him. I do like him and I think he did infinitely better than Lil, Anoop and Kris, but I don't think he has a chance of winning, whereas Danny Adam and Allison do - hence the reason why I would only use the save for them.

I'm afraid for Allison now because she's been in the bottom two a couple of times now, and recently as well. I only hope her fan-base has taken off a bit and are going to vote a little more ardently for her in future.

*keeps fingers crossed*

:)

GAY GAY GAY! I hate american idol so much its not even cute! Simon is the only reasonable one here!
Err, it's okay to dislike a show, just please give a reasoning behind it other than it's "gay". This is just bashing. ;) I don't watch this show because I find it gets a bit boring after so many seasons and the only idols I've really gotten attached to are Kelly Clarkson and David Cook. So there's my reasoning. Please remember to explain in the future, thanks!

WOW, Quentin Tarantino, who'd have thought he'd be there, and so passionate about them all. Shades of "Grave Danger" to me the best CSI ever, and he directed it. The guy gets around:) I think it'll be between Alison and Adam, in the end. Disco week, HMM> OK, this will put the remaining contestants to the test for sure, not everyone can pull that off~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back