American Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saving Matt...I don't know if they should have pulled it this soon. At least they didn't used it on Anoop :rolleyes: that would have seriously irked me for a long time.

Disco week...I think Lil and Anoop will take the dive for the team and ride off into the Idol sunset.

I don't understand why two have to be voted off next week. Why not just let the show last a week longer than normal instead?

I don't understand why two have to be voted off next week. Why not just let the show last a week longer than normal instead?

That was the rule implicated when they decided to introduce the save. Letting the show go longer would cost more money, they would need to find more people to pay for commercials....which cost less then one for the super bowl, but still cost a hefty amount.

I think the two will force everyone to step up even more so that they aren't in the bottom, almost like lighting a fire under the contestants to motivate them.

Well, I disagree with the site that "predicts" who the bottom three will be. They have Matt, Alison and Kris as the bottom three. The judges liked Alison and Kris last night and I thought Kris did really well. Alison was okay. Matt had some okay notes, but some that weren't so great. I think the bottom three will be Matt, Lil and Anoop (like last week) and unfortunately I think Anoop will be one of the ones who will be leaving tonight (though I really hope not) and I think Lil will be the other one to leave. Though it could be Lil and Matt just like last week.

Adam and Alison, are my favorite picks, they are just sensational, and both did incredible performances, and can do, and sing any type of music, and who they'll eliminate tonight, I don't know but it won't be these two:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Adam and Alison, are my favorite picks, they are just sensational, and both did incredible performances, and can do and sing any type of music, and who they'll eliminate tonight, I don't know but it won't be these two:thumbsup:

I agree that it definitely won't be Adam. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. I doubt it'll be Alison either, but she's been in the bottom three before, so I can't help but be a little worried for her. I still think the bottom three will be the same three from last week though. No one else deserves to be there. Though I like Anoop, but I didn't care for the song he sang last night. It was a bit too slow. My mother thought it was boring. :lol:

I'm still hoping the three to make it to the finale will be Adam, Alison and Danny. :)

ETA: comments about results:

Well, I guess we were right. It was Lil and Anoop. I'm sad to see Anoop go. I still can't believe Alison was in the bottom three instead of Matt, but I'm glad she didn't go home.

I'm thinking Matt or Kris might go home next week. Most likely Matt. Though Alison has been in the bottom several times, so it could be her, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Lil: Actually this wasn’t bad. It was a sight lot better than her previous performances, but her vocal rundowns and lower notes were painfully out of tune and her last long note strayed into being out of tune as well. Not good.

Kris: I really liked this arrangement, and I think with a really good singer it would have been brilliant, but Kris is one of those singers that, for me, just doesn’t have anything going on. Sure he can hit the notes and he does stress some notes when he needs to, so he does understand the song and connects with it, but it just doesn’t do anything for me. Sorry.

Danny: I love Earth Wind and Fire, so I was really looking forward to this. Brilliant. I loved this. When it got to the end of the song I wanted to hear more. I actually pouted – chuckle. Someone really needs to show him some moves though because his dancing is pretty bad – chuckle – about as good as mine. Oh and I like the six-o’clock shadow but he needs to let it grow beyond the bottom of his chin. I’ve never been a fan of these tailored, kind of manicured beards that made the rounds, but I do love beards, so grow it Danny, grow it – chuckle.

Allison: I think this was Allison trying to be a ‘rock chick’ and to be honest it just didn’t work for me. In my opinion, she has a grinding, rough diamond blues voice so trying to rock it up just doesn’t work. All in all, I didn’t like it. Finally, though, I did like something she was wearing :D

Adam: I hate going against public opinion but, well, there you go. I really didn’t like this. It was a good performance if you think about hitting the notes and all that, but when it comes to enjoyment and getting something out of the performance it was pretty bad for me. He’s just so over the top with his stressing of the notes and the screeching is really beginning to hurt my ears. I dunno, I think it’s like he adds these things simply because it’s what the audience wants to hear and not because it’s something that would benefit what he’s trying to convey. Still, the good thing is that he didn’t sing “Staying Alive”. Breathed a huge sigh of relief when I found that out :p

Matt: Oh Criminy! Just when I thought no-one was going to do “Staying Alive”, up steps Matt... and I cringed. It wasn’t a bad attempt but it wasn’t brilliant either. It was okay. I do like his voice though and I liked the grind he put on this vocal performance, but as said, it was just okay.

Anoop: He’s got a good voice, no doubt about it, but this was pretty bad musically, as well as vocally when he got going. I don’t know what he did with this arrangement but it really didn’t work at all.

Worst of the evening for me, followed closely by Lil... and if we’re going with not getting anything from the performance then, for me, Adam would be there with them as well (Like that would ever happen though - chuckle).

All in all, it was great to hear some Disco, but a bit annoying to hear some great songs ruined by a ballad arrangement, as well as some failing vocals.

As for those who went home:
Good Golly Miss Molly, I got it right. Though Allison being in the bottom three was my worst fears being realised. She is infinitely better than Kris and on par with Matt (when he gets his act together) so no way should she have been there. The judges really should have saved their save because I think they are going to need it with Allison.

:)

I actually prefer it when Adam sings a slow song (not Mad World- that's too slow for him, for me) as opposed to the rocking out songs (though most of the time those are good too). I think Adam has a really nice voice. The first time he sang a slow song, I was blown away cause I didn't know he could do that. :lol:

I agree with pretty much everything else you said, Della. Though I like Anoop's voice, that song didn't suit him. Loved Danny as per usual. :lol: Didn't love Alison's performance. Well, the middle part was okay and the end was great, but the beginning didn't work for me. Though she's still one of my faves. :lol:

I did think Lil sounded better this week than last, but it was still a bit karaoke and she hit a couple of really bad notes as well.

I was pleasantly surprised that Adam didn't do "Stayin' Alive", but also was surprised that Matt did. He was okay on it, but there were somethings I didn't like about it too.

Kris was good, but he didn't really stand out for me. The three standouts are definitely Adam, Alison and my fave, Danny. :D

I do agree that they should have saved their save and they might need it with Alison.

I have to wonder though, if Matt had gone home last week and this week we'd had the same bottom three of Alison, Anoop and Lil... I wonder would it have been Lil or Anoop. Anoop has been sent back every other time, so instinct says it would have been Lil going home. But as soon as I heard there were two leaving, I knew it would be these two.

I'm kind of hoping they don't use this save thing next year if they aren't going to use it at the right time for the right person.

Oh and I have to give props to Adam for mentioning the person who helped him out with the song's arrangement. :)

Adam does a good job...but there are some notes that just don't need to over emphasis or screeching...really we get it you have an awesome falseto.

I'm glad Lil and Anoop went home...it was long over due for both of them.

Did they announce the theme for next week? I missed most of the show...sadly.

I was gonna ask about next week's theme too. I didn't watch the show last night, only the last few minutes when Anoop and Lil's goodbye vids were playing. I don't recall hearing them announcing a theme, but then again I was flipping back and forth between it and Criminal Minds. :lol:

I didn't hear Ryan mention next week's theme, maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I'm sure we'll know soon, I wished they'd have a tie with Adam and Alison, and they go on tour together, how awesome that would be?, they ROCK, their the best, and I believe it's between them, unless they finally have a tie:bolian:

I am in mourning over Anoop leaving (although I knew it was inevitable)
It will no longer be the same for me
Adam is prolly gonna win now for sure but I think Kris is a dark horse that may surprise us all.

I think, in all honestly, if Adam wins he's going to be getting offers to do Broadway shows (which I would totally pay to see) and that might have some conflicts with doing an album and such for the Idol franchise.

Rat Pack songs tonight, now this is a week I can get into. I hope someone sings some Frank, because his songs are just amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back