American Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megan: Ow! Ow! Ow! My ears are bleeding and my heart is breaking because she completely wrecked the song. Was she drunk? Sheesh! The absolute worst of the evening. It was horrible. If she doesn’t go this week then something is seriously wrong with the voting!!!!!!!

I'm going to start with how much I love your reviews, because for the most part we agree and honesty is always great. :)

Than someone playing with the votes because 1. send Scott to the bottom 3 over her is ludicrous! And 2. she did sound like she was drunk, not saying she really was, but I've heard a lot of drunk people sing and well it was very close to that. If she is trying to be like Joss Stone, or any other amazing singing with a great low voice, she is failing hardcore.

Speaking of Joss Stone she and Smokey were awesome! And Stevie Wonder oh my gosh he rocks.

I had a feeling Michael was going home....but secretly I had hoped it would be Megan. All I can do is hope America gets smart next week and gets rid of her.

I knew it would be Michael or Megan to go tonight, though I'm surprised after the judges' bad reviews that Megan wasn't in the bottom three. But it's unusual for them to send two girls home in a row. So, I wasn't that surprised that it was Michael.

But it's unusual for them to send two girls home in a row.

Why is it necessary to compare what has happened in seasons past?

That is then this is now....nothing about this season has gone "normally". A top 13, a heavy field of guys....more guys than girls in the top 13 alone. The fact that the judges can save someone from going home...then eliminating two people the next week. If anything the producers have lost their minds, perhaps too much soda from the Coke sponsors.

I'm just saying it's weird that it always goes guy, girl, guy, girl rather than girl, girl, guy, guy, or girl, girl, guy, girl, etc. It's just another thing that makes me think this show is somewhat rigged. I mean seriously, how else can you explain why some people who should have been sent home a long time ago are still there. The same thing happens every season too. It's just funny to me how there's that pattern every single season. It's true that this season has has some differences, but as for the ones getting voted off, so far it's been that same pattern. The first week was one guy and one girl. The next week a girl and then a guy. And it's like that every year. It's just very bizzare to me. that's why it feels rigged to me. Why is it that that particular pattern is never broken?

It's true though that at a certain point this year that pattern will have to be broken because of the fact that there are more guys than girls.

I agree that the producers have lost their minds. :lol: I didn't mind the top 13 thing, but I'm not sure I like the only one save thing. I'm actually worried that they'll use it on someone whom they shouldn't.

I guess we'll see next week if the guy-girl-guy-girl pattern continues. :lol:

I'm going to start with how much I love your reviews, because for the most part we agree and honesty is always great. :)

Awwww thank you, starzsgirl. I'm glad you like them and yeah, I'm with you, honest constructive criticism is always good :)

Aaanyhooo, onto the elimination episode.

I wasn’t going to watch the elimination episode of this but someone telling me that Joss Stone was going to be on it, well, I just had to.

I’ve missed the early programs of American Idol and so when they intro’d Reuben I was wondering what it was going to be like. Oh boy, I have certainly missed out. He was wonderful. He has a Fats Domino look about him where his face is always shining and oh those dimples – chuckle. I loved it.

Someone somehwere else also mentioned with disdain the lip-synching at the beginning of the show by the contestants. Well, all I have to say about that is that they do that in the vids they make up every week, so it wasn’t so much of a bind for me. In all honesty, I spent most of the time wondering how long it took for the PTBs to muck about and produce Megan’s voice so that it sounded half way decent. What a bitch am I, hmmm? – chuckle.

Joss Stone and Smokey Robinson. Ay yi yi! Oh they were gooooooooooood. I adore Joss Stone, and this duet was just lovely.

I’ve never been a real fan of Stevie Wonder, but I do like Superstition, Ribbons in the Sky, Overjoyed and Ma Cherie Amour, so, even though Ribbons in the Sky was missing from his medley I really enjoyed his performance :D

Right, now that the good stuff is done with, now onto the stuff that had me grinding my teeth. Matt in the bottom three?!!??? Oh for goodness sake!!!! This really is getting beyond a joke. As far as I'm concerned they got two out of three right, Michael and Scott, but quite frankly Megan should have been there in place of Matt.

I think it can be said that I’ve never been a fan of Michael’s, he’s pretty mediocre (and that’s kind of being a bit polite) but at least he can sing in tune. I can’t recall Megan hitting one note in tune. Sure she’s pretty and all that crap, but she can’t sing! and that’s what American Idol should be all about.

In my opinion, Megan should have gone home and Kara (who is really getting on my t*ts now) should have followed her.

*sigh* Maybe next week I’ll be happy with the voting

Well, here’s hoping

:)

Why is it that that particular pattern is never broken?

For the most part it depends on who votes for the contestants....like last night there were three guys in the bottom three, which is very rare. But it does come down to how they do week to week, some step up and some flounder. So something shady is going on because Megan did not go there, but did say that her fans would be there for her. I would really like to hear a Megan fan speak up because no one that I know on here or in RL can stand her. Is her family over voting? Someone who counts took pity on her?

Why is it that that particular pattern is never broken?

For the most part it depends on who votes for the contestants....like last night there were three guys in the bottom three, which is very rare. But it does come down to how they do week to week, some step up and some flounder. So something shady is going on because Megan did not go there, but did say that her fans would be there for her. I would really like to hear a Megan fan speak up because no one that I know on here or in RL can stand her. Is her family over voting? Someone who counts took pity on her?

:bolian: I'm a MEGAN fan from the onset, I think she's fabulous, and her voice is different and qurky but enjoyable, obviously I'm not the only one who feels this way, she's still on:)and everyone I've spoke with likes her as well, so there ya' go, different strokes:confused:

Anoop- Good voice, hated the song (I'm not an Usher fan).

Megan- still not a fan of her voice, sorry.

Danny- AWESOME!!!!

Matt- started off a little shaky, but worked it out in the end.

Adam- That was an interesting version of "Play The Funky Music", but I liked parts of it.

Alison- Good voice, good song choice, but what the heck was up with her "Punk Rock Princess" outfit? That would have made more sense if she'd sang a Cyndi Lauper song. :lol:

Scott- He was brilliant tonight and I love the new haircut!

Kris- He did a great job tonight. Loved it.

Lil- She had parts that were good, but overall it just wasn't the right song for her.

I think that's everyone. :lol:

Megan- still not a fan of her voice, sorry.

Oh gosh I had the mute the tv until she was done. I cannot understand why people keep her around. She must be paying people. :rolleyes:

Danny and Adam were awesome like usual.

As for the rest of the crowd...they did all right. I think this was a hard week for everyone.

I'm ready for the results show tonight!

Anoop: He sang the song really well, though in places he was so corny with his sneering and dancing and that really kind of put me off the performance.

Megan: I’m really sorry but either there are many, many, many tone-deaf people out there voting for Megan because as far as they’re concerned she is hitting every note... or there is something very wrong with the voting because, as far as I’m concerned Megan cannot sing for a toffee. It was once again the most painful to hear performance of the night.

Mind you, I was trying to decide what was the worst – Kara and her awful, arrogant attitude or Megan’s attempt at singing in tune. I think it was a tie. I am beginning to dislike Kara with a passion now!!!

Danny: Ay yi yi!! THIS is what I want to hear from Danny, him singing something that means something to him, because he projects it all so very well and I always feel something whenever he does that – unlike the song he sang last week, which I think was his poorest performance. This week was his second best, “Jesus take the wheel” I think being his ultimate best performance. All in all, I love Rascall Flatts “What Hurts the Most” but I have to say that Danny’s version just blew me away!!!

Allison: *sighs with huuuge disappointment* The moment Allison finished singing I’m afraid all I could think was that I wanted to hear something else from her because, in my opinion, she is far, far better than this song. It’s a good song, but it’s not that good and it seemed more like she played it safe because she didn’t seem to stretch her vocals at all. So, even though it was still one of the best performances of the night, I guess I was a little disappointed.

As a side note: Kara needs to shut up and I have no idea why Simon thought Allison shouted the song because I don’t think you can shout “Don’t Speak”, can you? – chuckle.

Scott: One of his best performances but again not a difficult song to sing. It was okay, but I’m afraid he’s still not doing anything for me. Sorry.

Matt: Um, I didn’t like this at all. I didn’t like the song and I’m afraid I didn’t like his performance either. The beginning was really out of tune and he added a vibrato to his voice that basically ruined it.

As a side note: What is it with good singers seeming to need to add a vibrato to their singing? Pleeeeease, stop it!!!

Lil: I’m sorry but my like for Lil Rounds has now plummeted. I’m not a fan of Celine Dion’s songs, there’s just something about them that just turns me off after the first couple of bars, so after her shaky not quite in tune beginning I almost forgot her performance the moment it was done. Also, to be brutally honest, I think her vids are beginning to turn me off her as a person. She thinks America and the judges are going to love it? Sheesh! Confidence is one thing, but believing a nation is going to love your rendition of a song is just verging on the ridiculous. Who does she think she is???? She’s a good singer but she’s not sublime and she’s certainly not in the league of Celine Dion and the likes of Celine Dion. In all honesty, I think someone needs to pinprick her arrogance and get her to plant her feet firmly back on terra firma because right now she seems to be doing a pretty nifty self-elevation trick.

*sigh*

Adam: I love this song and I was dreading him singing it and hearing in the vid what he was going to do with the “play the funky music”, well, I cringed. And I have to say that I cringed more during his performance than I enjoyed it. His screeching does absolutely nothing for me and he does it so often now, barring last week, that, for me, it’s actually getting boring hearing it so often. All in all, his performance did nothing at all for me. The last note was incredibly self-indulgent as were his “play the funky music white boy” – it bore no relation whatsoever to what he was singing, he just screeched it. *sigh*

Kris: It was an okay performance – his best to date. Great, great song, and he is very talented, but I just think he’s bland compared to the likes of Danny, Allison and Adam. Sorry.

Della, I agree with you about Danny. I really felt that he felt the song. It made me think about him losing his wife. He really put his heart and soul into that performance.

As for Lil's attitude in the videos, I can't comment on that for this week. I recorded and watched later, so I fast forwarded through the vids. :lol:

starzgirl, I had to fast forward through a lot of Megan's song.

What exactly was the theme? I missed the first couple of minutes. I thought they said it was current hits, but then some people were doing older songs like Bob Marley and White Cherry. So, I'm confused. :lol:

Oh and I really wish Randy would stop saying "dawg" so much as well as "yo". It's really starting to get aggrivating. And now Kara is like a female cross between Simon and Randy. She structures her insults like Simon's and she uses language like Randy. It's really annoying. :lol:

Oh good god... I just realized something. Today is April Fool's Day and American Idols' results are on tonight. I have a feeling they're gonna give us a scare and play a joke on us making us think one of the better ones in the competition gets voted off. :lol:

Last edited:
What exactly was the theme? I missed the first couple of minutes. I thought they said it was current hits, but then some people were doing older songs like Bob Marley and White Cherry. So, I'm confused. :lol:

The contestants had to choose from the top most downloaded songs on ITunes. That's why there was such a huge mix. :)

The contestants had to choose from the top most downloaded songs on ITunes. That's why there was such a huge mix. :)

Well, that explains White Cherry. But is that Bob Marley song seriously a top download? I've never even heard it before. :lol: Of course I don't use itunes, so that could be the reason. :lol:

Well, that explains White Cherry. But is that Bob Marley song seriously a top download? I've never even heard it before. :lol: Of course I don't use itunes, so that could be the reason. :lol:

I guess it's a top dl, though I've never seen a top dl list on my ITunes store.

Finally Megan is gone! Up next my prediction is going to be Anoop, which wouldn't make me sad either. :rommie: Plus her "swan song"...seriously was more painful then her normal songs. My mom walked in and asked if the cat was alright...that's scary.

And I have a funny story. So my Lit prof loves to use tv as examples so I was observing one of his freshman classes today, and he was trying to get across the pronoun agreement aspect. So he goes take American Idol (I perk up a bit) Paula mixes up her pronouns all the time. Tonight I paid attention and he is totally right! :guffaw: Just something for everyone to find some entertainment in, even in the real world your English matters.

Ooooh next week songs from the yea the contestants were born, this is going to be amazing!!! :D

Finally Megan is gone! Up next my prediction is going to be Anoop, which wouldn't make me sad either. :rommie: Plus her "swan song"...seriously was more painful then her normal songs. My mom walked in and asked if the cat was alright...that's scary.

And I have a funny story. So my Lit prof loves to use tv as examples so I was observing one of his freshman classes today, and he was trying to get across the pronoun agreement aspect. So he goes take American Idol (I perk up a bit) Paula mixes up her pronouns all the time. Tonight I paid attention and he is totally right! :guffaw: Just something for everyone to find some entertainment in, even in the real world your English matters.

Ooooh next week songs from the yea the contestants were born, this is going to be amazing!!! :D

I can't believe Alison was in the bottom three! She did well with the song and she was NOT shouting it, Simon. :lol: Did they put her in the bottom three just cause of her outfit? :lol: My mother told me on some message board she saw someone was saying that Alison's dress should have been the tenth contestant because the judges were talking more about it than about her performance. :lol:

I was glad it was Megan rather than Anoop. My mom also says Anoop will probably be next. Though I'm kind of hoping its Lil... I kind of like Anoop. :lol: Didn't like his choice of song this week, but still... He better step up his game next week if he wants to stay in it though. He needs to pick the right songs.

I can't believe what Simon said to Megan though... something like "we're not even going to pretend that we're gonna bring you back; this is your swan song, enjoy it." Wow... that was kind of rude, but then again it's Simon. :lol: I think though what also hurt her was the way she said certain things after her critiques from the judges. Some people might have took that the wrong way even if it wasn't how she meant it.

About Paula- My mother thought something was wrong with Paula last night. She said she couldn't talk right and looked and sounded half asleep.

I didn't actually watch but the last ten minutes or so of the show tonight. Did they play an April fool's joke?

Can't wait for next week! :D It should be good. I can't wait to see what Adam and Danny are gonna sing... and Alison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back