American Idol

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by ziggystarduzt, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Shane! You so totally ROCK! How cool is it that Elliott is still wearing his blue diabetes bracelet!? I read about it in an article that some kids with diabetes from an organization gave it to him... awwww! I didn't notice it when the broadcast was on because the cameras were moving all over the place!

2. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

I saw David Boreanaz and squeed over that, but I didn't see Emily Deschanel! Did they credit her? Was she sitting with David? That's so cool.

AL, that's wicked... is Elliott a diabetes sufferer? Good for him for supporting a cause, regardless. I myself have the yellow and blue SPCA bracelet.
    It's kinda been taken over by my cats as a playtoy, which seems appropriate ;)

3. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

he has type 1 diabetes and wears an insulin pump. When he mentioned it online on his "Top 24" interview, the leader of one of the diabetes organizations perked up because he was so open and willing to talk about it. So, when he visited Richmond, some of the kids in her organization gave him the bracelet!

That young man has been through the ringer. I respect him as an artist and a human being. He's changed so much this past year based on the articles I've read about him!

4. ziggystarduzt

Ohhh, right! I remember him mentioning it at some point early in the show.. My sister's diabetic as well, it's great to see someone willing to discuss it.

I'm still glad Taylor won ;)

5. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I also heard Elliot is 90% deaf in one ear so for someone like him to do so much is really moving. He's probably an inspiration to a whole lot of people.

I really wished they showed Kat's mom when they annouced that Taylor won. I would've loved to have an icon with her(the mom) face and the word "pwned" across it hehehe.

6. ziggystarduzt

I think we should find a picture of her like.. when Kat was in the bottom 3 or something. With a HORRIFIED look on her face. And then do exactly that. That's fantastic.

7. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

:lol: I think Kat's mom wanted Kat to win more then she did ahaha. Seriously though the best part of the entire show was Rhonetta. She's crazy as hell but she just kills me.

8. disprncss358

disprncss358 Rookie

The pics are awsome, is anyone going to go to the concerts that they are having?

9. CSIgrad

CSIgrad Lab Technician

i am a bit suprise to see Prince....some news channel was saying clay aiken looked like lindsay lohan.

and finally, YAY....taylor won!!!!!

10. keich

keich CSI Level One

Yup, they did. But I don't think she's sitting with him. :)

Re: Meatloaf, I guess the surgery explains why he sounded like a drowning frog (sorry, can't think of a better and less insulting comparison). I can't help but wonder why the producers chose him to perform with Kat.

Re: Toni Braxton, grinding to "In The Ghetto" just didn't look right.

Re: Elliot's bracelet, I didn't see it! *goes off to re-watch the finale*

11. lane

lane Police Officer

Oh yeah, Toni's dress was waaay too short for her. I agree, it wasn't right at all, especially with Taylor.

But was it really Rhonetta though? And crazy Dave-Did you see the girl placing the trophy on the floor? It was so cute; he was barefoot. ROTFLMAO!!!

12. keich

keich CSI Level One

:lol: I saw that too! The girl looked terrified to come near Crazy Dave.

13. ziggystarduzt

Yeah, for sure, hey? Nothing like singing about poverty and tragedy and gettin' your thang on. *rolls eyes*

To be honest, I didn't think it was... It didn't look like her to me, and it wouldn't make much sense for her to come on a show just to humiliate herself. She doesn't seem like she has that great of a sense of humour ;)

14. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

I was shocked at the part where Toni grabbed Taylor's hand and intended to put it on her belly or something. Taylor quickly withdrew his hand away. Gah, naughty move by Toni.

15. disprncss358

disprncss358 Rookie

That was so funny though, I just had to laugh. And I totally loved the Puck and Pickler parts, the one with the lobster was hilarious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.